traction issues still relevant - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Stock Suspension

Old 08-07-2019, 02:12 AM   #31
SuperStockAMX
Spooled up

Default Re: traction issues still relevant

Most would disagree but I’ve always liked a 50cc on the primary and use the extended tip shooters, something only a few sizes larger than the base shooter the carb came with. Cams set for your throttle position on foot brake launch. My theory is a long, high-pressure piss is better. But I haven’t raced a automatic car in a very long time. Go find a big, vacant parking lot and play with these items until you get it fixed. You only need to go 15-20 feet.
Redline Racing Cams
4300 Autolite
SuperStockAMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #32
mrdroptop
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStockAMX View Post
Most would disagree but I’ve always liked a 50cc on the primary and use the extended tip shooters, something only a few sizes larger than the base shooter the carb came with. Cams set for your throttle position on foot brake launch. My theory is a long, high-pressure piss is better. But I haven’t raced a automatic car in a very long time. Go find a big, vacant parking lot and play with these items until you get it fixed. You only need to go 15-20 feet.
I like the 50cc How much in size did you go up from stock with the squirters front and back? Shit will drive you nuts wont it. I like the back street test idea you only need 20 feet as long as it hooks decent.

Cool to see you picking up. Man hate to say this but she does sound like a little bit of a pig right out of the gate. Sure sounds to me like she has more to go.

Last edited by mrdroptop; 08-26-2019 at 06:47 PM.
mrdroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:56 AM   #33
SuperStockAMX
Spooled up

I put .031” front and rear on this carb. It needs more rear jet; too lean on WOT. But the owner is a lazy SOB and he can’t even manage to change the jets. I told him if he leaned the engine out and blows the engine, it’s on him. Not me. The guy owns a automotive repair shop! Never been in a carb. Kids...all they want is instant gratification!
Redline Racing Cams
4300 Autolite
SuperStockAMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:57 PM   #34
coppercutlass
Launchin

Guys I figured out the bog. The threads for the nozzle where damaged. I managed to swap the nozzles but it must have been enough to give me a false sense of snugness. I rebuilt the carb . Re threaded the nozzle threads and made sure I had sufficient flow clearance as I went up to an M6 Thread. Man... it now launches good at the shop. I hope at the track it stays that way.

On a side note. I found the gaskets Holley provided with the nozzles where restricting the flow channels so the nozzle was not only dripping fuel from underneath BUT ! did not have sufficient flow for a good fuel stream. I now have fire hose streams lol. Im lucky the nozzle didn't fall into the throttle bores. When I went to remove it it was LOOSE ! and then the threads came with the bolt.

I did not go to the 50cc pump I did some exhaust work and have to re weld my AFR gauge bung so I have been tuning the old fashion way. Guessing lol.

IM hitting the track sept 7th. The car feels much better now that that bog is gone .

This loose nozzle explains a lot of things that where going on. The list is too long and its a bit embarrassing but this is my first time doing more in depth tuning on a carb and im learning as I go.

Last edited by coppercutlass; 08-27-2019 at 09:00 PM.
coppercutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:03 PM   #35
coppercutlass
Launchin

I don't know why I ddint share this video but its the full pass.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2019, 10:49 PM   #36
coppercutlass
Launchin

well I got the car to hook and its not bogging. The car didn't pick up but its hooking well. Spent all day Saturday tuning the carb after my repairs just to get it to where it was before. Best pass was an 11.91 110 MPH with a 1.63 60 ft. I added some pinion angle to it now sitting in at about -3 degrees. Thanks for helping