Intercooler pump flow test data - Page 10 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Old 01-13-2015, 06:52 AM   #136
nojoke
Spooled up

Default Re: Intercooler pump flow test data

Also running a Kenne Bell Boost a Pump.
Voltage comparison.

12.5v vs 17v Rule 2000

http://youtu.be/m0knTmtRTDk

Keep in mind this is 3/4 lines/heater hose, ran under the car, 5/8 IC tranfer tubes at the IC core which are the largest restriction in the system. Streetcar with an AFCO heat exchanger also.

Last edited by nojoke; 01-13-2015 at 06:55 AM.
nojoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #137
sqidd
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojoke View Post
Interesting info on the gt500 pump.

I have an 03 Cobra with a 5 gallon cell and 3/4 lines along with a rule 2000 and im not impressed with the flow. Presumably due to pressure/restriction in the system from the stock intercooler
Core under the blower which narrows down to 5/8th line and sligtly smaller at the core/tubes. Car also has an AFCO heat exchanger...

Thinking of running the rule 2000 submerisble feeding the gt500 pump...
You're wasting your time. I've tested all of those combo's. You are correct, your IC core is the big problem. I'm working on a IC upgrade for the Terminators with 1" fittings/passages but it will be a while before it is ready for consumption.

With the GT500 pump you are seeing 5.1gpm

With the Rule you are seeing 6gpm

If you compound boost them the best you can hope for is one more gpm, if that.

Fun fact, if you were running 1" lines and had 1" passages/fittings at the IC that Rule will flow 15.2gpm.

Right now your best bet running 3/4" lines and the factory IC setup is to run the Lingenfelter pump. That will get you 9.3gpm. And that is as good as it will get with your restrictions.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #138
sqidd
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Also running a Kenne Bell Boost a Pump.
Voltage comparison.

12.5v vs 17v Rule 2000

http://youtu.be/m0knTmtRTDk
Interesting, that is something I want to test.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #139
nojoke
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
You're wasting your time. I've tested all of those combo's. You are correct, your IC core is the big problem. I'm working on a IC upgrade for the Terminators with 1" fittings/passages but it will be a while before it is ready for consumption.

With the GT500 pump you are seeing 5.1gpm

With the Rule you are seeing 6gpm

If you compound boost them the best you can hope for is one more gpm, if that.

Fun fact, if you were running 1" lines and had 1" passages/fittings at the IC that Rule will flow 15.2gpm.

Right now your best bet running 3/4" lines and the factory IC setup is to run the Lingenfelter pump. That will get you 9.3gpm. And that is as good as it will get with your restrictions.
Thanks for the info. The larger IC Manifold would be a game changer for the larger blower like the 2.8's all way up to the 4.0 whipples. The cooling system isnt on par like their modern day counterparts.

The flow isnt horrible, but its better than stock I suppose. I was running a meziere with a modified fuel cell prior to this in a feed/external setup. It flowed about the same.

The car has a KB 2.8H on it and will probably make in the 800-825whp area at 23/24psi on this new motor/combo.

If the Lingenfelter pump would indeed fight the restriction to the tune of 9.3gpm I would throw down on.

Also interested if the rule 2000 will live more than a couple weeks at 17v. Ive read some reports of 16v.

Quote:
Interesting, that is something I want to test.
Its using a 30A BAP I had leftover from my returnless fuel system so I put it to use. Plan ln 14v for street duty and cranked all way for track use.

Last edited by nojoke; 01-13-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #140
sqidd
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Thanks for the info. The flow isnt horrible, but its better than stock I suppose. I was running a meziere with a modified fuel cell prior to this in a feed/external setup. It flowed about the same.
Yeah, the Meziere pumps HATE restriction. I've tested those too.

Quote:
The car has a KB 2.8H on it and will probably make in the 800-825whp area at 23/24psi on this new motor/combo.
Even with the Lingenfelter you are going to be on the edge of vaporizing water in the IC at those boost levels.

You're still running a HE right? And a ice chest somewhere if I understand it correctly?

Quote:
If the Lingenfelter pump would indeed fight the restriction to the tune of 9.3gpm I would throw down on.
It will, that thing is a beast under restriction. No other pump comes close.

Quote:
Also interested if the rule 2000 will live more than a couple weeks at 17v. Ive read some reports of 16v.
Yeah, that's the trick right?

Quote:
Its using a 30A BAP I had leftover from my returnless fuel system so I put it to use. Plan ln 14v for street duty and cranked all way for track use.
I have a few more pumps to test, one tat just came out. But I have to wait for it to warm up. It has to be outside. Lots of water involved. I'm going to try a few choice pumps with a BAP and see what I get.

I look for 20-25gpm in a well set up system.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #141
nojoke
Spooled up

Quote:
Yeah, the Meziere pumps HATE restriction. I've tested those too.

Even with the Lingenfelter you are going to be on the edge of vaporizing water in the IC at those boost levels.

You're still running a HE right? And a ice chest somewhere if I understand it correctly?

It will, that thing is a beast under restriction. No other pump comes close.

Yeah, that's the trick right?

I have a few more pumps to test, one tat just came out. But I have to wait for it to warm up. It has to be outside. Lots of water involved. I'm going to try a few choice pumps with a BAP and see what I get.

I look for 20-25gpm in a well set up system.

I have an aftermarket AFCO exchanger up front and run the rule 2000 Pump in a Chiseled Performance 5 gallon tank with the large lid for ice at the track. I have always run ice in my Cobra and have dyno tested 30-35whp with ice vs none. I usually run 1.5-2 bags per pass. I never "hot lap" my car and circulate between rounds

I plan on making a bypass for my track outings this year to take fhe heat exchanger out of the system, then run it for street duty as well.

The LPE sounds like the ticket, at least until there is an aftermarket core option out there.

Last edited by nojoke; 01-13-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #142
nojoke
Spooled up

Have you seen this pump?

http://www.superchargerpump.com
Old 01-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #143
sqidd
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Have you seen this pump?

http://www.superchargerpump.com
I have not seen that. I would like to test that too.

As far as ratings go........................they are all bullshit. That is why I built a test rig to test pumps. I haven't found one pump that is even close to it's rating when actually plumbed into a system.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #144
sqidd
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I have an aftermarket AFCO exchanger up front and run the rule 2000 Pump in a Chiseled Performance 5 gallon tank with the large lid for ice at the track. I have always run ice in my Cobra and have dyno tested 30-35whp with ice vs none. I usually run 1.5-2 bags per pass. I never "hot lap" my car and circulate between rounds

I plan on making a bypass for my track outings this year to take fhe heat exchanger out of the system, then run it for street duty as well.

The LPE sounds like the ticket, at least until there is an aftermarket core option out there.
Yeah, the LPE is going to be your silver bullet until there is a bigger core available. Removing the HE will get you about another 1.5gpm.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #145
nojoke
Spooled up

How restrictive this core is. Rigged this up to clean out some scaly deposits after the car set for 3 years. I did find you can bring the core from full HOT "not able hold" to full cold within 15 seconds make. Transfers heat very well.

http://youtu.be/J3M50UhILGI
Old 01-13-2015, 02:21 PM   #146
sqidd
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
How restrictive this core is. Rigged this up to clean out some scaly deposits after the car set for 3 years. I did find you can bring the core from full HOT "not able hold" to full cold within 15 seconds make. Transfers heat very well.

http://youtu.be/J3M50UhILGI
It transfers heat fine, it doesn't move water for shit though. The core I'm working on right now flows 230% more water.

My bigger cores that I run in different manifolds where I have more room to work with flow 325% more water.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #147
nojoke
Spooled up

Quote:
It transfers heat fine, it doesn't move water for shit though. The core I'm working on right now flows 230% more water.

My bigger cores that I run in different manifolds where I have more room to work with flow 325% more water.
Do you have a plan of producing them in #'s or just custom by demand?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #148
sqidd
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Do you have a plan of producing them in #'s or just custom by demand?
In #'s.

We're buttoning up the GT500 upgrade right now. I've started on the Terminator project and know what I want to do. I've got it figured out for the smaller blowers. But I still need to figure out exactly what I need to do to clear the really big ones. Stuffing -16 fittings in there is not easy.

I wanted to stuff -20's in there, but there simply isn't enough room.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #149
nojoke
Spooled up

Let me know if you need any testers. Be glad to help! Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #150
Fobra500
Burnout box

I found this pump the other day has anyone tried it.

http://www.pumpvendor.com/media/john...7-1_series.pdf
Fobra500 is offline   Reply With Quote