Has anyone used the FITech throttle body for blow thru yet? - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Old 02-14-2016, 10:40 AM   #46
Agustinsz
Launchin

Default Re: Has anyone used the FITech throttle body for blow thru yet?

The injectors look like ev1 shorty dekas, would it be possible to replace them with 160lb units? I love your camaro man
Agustinsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2016, 11:52 AM   #47
actmobmar
Spooled up

I haven't opened the unit up to see what the injectors look like, I figured I'd pull it apart this summer when it's too hot to run the car and drop the injectors off at my injector guy to see what can be done. One word of caution concerning fuel pumps, this system runs a base pressure of 58, add 16 psi boost to that and you are at 74 psi. I found that most fuel pumps wouldn't cut it, as the volume drops off alot, aeromotive didn't even want to recommend a fuel pump for it. I talked to magnafuel and wound up using the pro tuner 750 pump, the fitech can pwm the pump output, but not over 14 amps. I need to get a solid state relay and use the pwm function to keep the fuel cool for street use.
actmobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #48
Agustinsz
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by actmobmar View Post
I haven't opened the unit up to see what the injectors look like, I figured I'd pull it apart this summer when it's too hot to run the car and drop the injectors off at my injector guy to see what can be done. One word of caution concerning fuel pumps, this system runs a base pressure of 58, add 16 psi boost to that and you are at 74 psi. I found that most fuel pumps wouldn't cut it, as the volume drops off alot, aeromotive didn't even want to recommend a fuel pump for it. I talked to magnafuel and wound up using the pro tuner 750 pump, the fitech can pwm the pump output, but not over 14 amps. I need to get a solid state relay and use the pwm function to keep the fuel cool for street use.
Looks like they went for a pretty small injector to need 58 BP, must be like an 80pounder, if the ecu manages to run 160s or even better 220s it'll be amazing self tuning 1300-1500 hp carslol
Agustinsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:28 PM   #49
actmobmar
Spooled up

It learns pretty fast, I have an innovative wideband in the car. When you change the boost setting on the first pass the wideband moves around quite a bit, on the second pass it stays at 11.5. My fuel mileage went from 14 with the qft 750 blow thru to 20 mpg, car is mostly street driven. I run on leaded fuel at the track, and pump on the street, sensors are working fine but they are a change out item on leaded fuel
Old 02-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #50
jon volk
Smoked Another SBC

I run twin walbro 400s at 60psi non boost referenced through 8mm OEM feed and return lines. Supported 18psi on gas with a 10.8-11:1 a/f with no sign of nearing the limits. Seems like that setup would be applicable to this system. Two pumps are less than $200 total. PWM controlled through the ECU though

95 M3, forged L33, 7675 CEA, TH400/Gear Vendors
[email protected] on pump gas at 3530lbs

Last edited by jon volk; 02-14-2016 at 12:50 PM.
jon volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #51
actmobmar
Spooled up

And what hp will that support at 20 psi boost, 78 psi fuel pressure?
Old 02-14-2016, 08:40 PM   #52
boostedbowtie
Smoked Another SBC

its probably not making 1000 but 138mph @ 3950lbs is still pretty impressive for that unit .

if they are 85lb injectors , its got to be on the edge .......... be careful .
boostedbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:25 AM   #53
actmobmar
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbowtie View Post
its probably not making 1000 but 138mph @ 3950lbs is still pretty impressive for that unit .

if they are 85lb injectors , its got to be on the edge .......... be careful .
i keep an eye on the wideband to make sure its not going lean definetely will get an injector upgrade this summer if possible
Old 02-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #54
Bluest
Launchin

Your car sounds awesome and seems to run great with the efi setup. Is there anything you would change about it if you could besides injectors? Seems like the way to go for a high hp streetcar.
Bluest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #55
actmobmar
Spooled up

I'm happy with it, but I have had nothing but problems trying to get my laptop to link to it, they got it to work once. My laptop (toughbook with xp) runs mercury racing software, wolf efi software, megasquirt and more with no issues , so unsure what the problem is. Fortunately most items can be done from the handset that comes with the unit. I just put a transbrake in the 4l80, and new tires. Hoping to get down to 9.40's with it, and still get 20 mpg!
Old 02-17-2016, 07:33 PM   #56
Fierro51
Burnout box

Quote:
I'm happy with it, but I have had nothing but problems trying to get my laptop to link to it, they got it to work once. My laptop (toughbook with xp) runs mercury racing software, wolf efi software, megasquirt and more with no issues , so unsure what the problem is. Fortunately most items can be done from the handset that comes with the unit. I just put a transbrake in the 4l80, and new tires. Hoping to get down to 9.40's with it, and still get 20 mpg!
Which kit do you have and when you get the software issue fixed can ypu post up what was wrong ?
Fierro51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:05 AM   #57
Bluest
Launchin

Quote:
Have you tried the lap top to your 6530 box for tuning instead of the FI tech system?
Bluest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #58
actmobmar
Spooled up

I use the same computer for the msd programming and the micosquirt 4l80 program. Actually taking it to pbir tomorrow night, got new mickey Thompson pro bracket drag radials, d a shocks front and back, and just put a transbrake in. Hopefully I get a new best et tomorrow night.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:32 PM   #59
81malibu540
Smoked another BBC

I need to call them and see if this can be used with an LS engine , even if I need to use an MSD box for the ignition I would be ok with that if they will work together ?!?
81malibu540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #60
actmobmar
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81malibu540 View Post
I need to call them and see if this can be used with an LS engine , even if I need to use an MSD box for the ignition I would be ok with that if they will work together ?!?
it can be used with ls as long as you are running a carbureted intake manifold but it wil not run cop ignition you"d have to use msd for that