Glasstek sucks! - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #46
JasonSmith
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Glasstek sucks!

I have two of there hood now on my camaro's. Both fit great with no bodywork , just primed and painted.
JasonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #47
41truk
Burnout box

I had a good experience with them i think the shipping companies are the culprits did you see the price of diesel these shippers are trying to pass that cost on The oil companies suck and are the root of the problem concerning shipping cost just my opinion
41truk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #48
raceadodge
Smoked Another SBC

I would like to order a new hood but $350.00 for the hood and $220.00 shipping WTF.
raceadodge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:58 AM   #49
vance hewitt
Smoked another BBC

well I only have 1 question......what kinda fucking frieght company will charge 1047.00 for delivery then give a discount of 640.00......thats only 39 percent......that shit just does NOT add up to me........I would agree with the o/p arrange your own delivery.......kinda sounds really padded to me.....for 1047.00 I would have driven out there and brought it to you........in my pickup
at 3610 lbs and dieting as we speak
my m1 tank on leaf springs
as per dustin bradford
vance hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #50
496vega
Smoked another BBC

That's the message i wanted put out there. Just don't want others to get burned, so ask more questions first. Original guy on the phone was really disarming, and I found out too late. Leaving me with the choice of refusing delivery (possible restocking fee, and not being able to finish my car for the season ending Frigid Nationals), or eating it. I definately would have taken a week off from work and drove down for that price. Just ask up front, and don't let them tell you the freight company will tell you. I never heard a word from them until I called them the day it was here in my town.

Urge is not a graceful understudy.
496vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #51
cam406406
Smoked another BBC

I am in the area of glasstek and am willing to help any one save on shipping
cam406406 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #52
biglee
Spooled up

im in ohio,and they only chsrged me 120 to ship a 67 buick skylark hood to ohio,that was the good,now the bad,i ordered a 6' cowl hood for my vega,and I asked the person on the phone if the hood had roller edges,I was told yes sir it doe's,it get's here and there's no rolled edges,so I called an they told me they didnt say that,and the same person that told me it did is now telling no he didnt say that so i sold the hood and went to another company ill never ever order from them ever again,O plus i had to trim the hood and do 5 hr;s of body work on it to,screw glass tek.
biglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #53
mrdragster1970
T/S 368E
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 elcamino View Post
I Have dealt with the guys at glasstek numerous times , they have stayed open late when i was stuck in traffic trying to make it there to pick up parts. They have gone far out of there way to help me. I would recommend them to everyone there pieces are top notch. Just because the shipping charges were excessives does not mean its there fault. Sounds like they tried to work with you. Next time arrange your own shipping.

No problems here either.
My stuff was awesome, they were very helpful and treated me right!!

For my babies, we will always remember.
In memory of Chris
Costa, you will never meet a nicer guy. I will never forget your kindness, when I needed it.
mrdragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #54
DocFiberglass
WINNING ...in pArAdIsE
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALIV8 View Post
I love Glasstek and the owner, who is vfn's owner's son, has stayed late at the shop to let me pick up the one-piece front end I bought from them. He was very nice and the quality and fit is PERFECT.

Much better than vfn's quality.

I highly recommend Glasstek.
The DEEP and DARK secret of the northern IL FG businesses ... LOL WHY would the son of one of the owners of VFN start another FG business and DIRECTLY compete against his old-man and his uncle ? ... That is a very "telling" situation. Now TO this freight situation ....... ALL fiberglass shipments via truck are GRAVY for these truck companies. In 80% of the situations ... the boxes/crates go ON TOP of heavy freight ...like pallets and drums. I dealt with a few truck lines ...and they LOVED my freight. And some suggesting that Glassteck makes NOTHING on the shipping? ...if that is the case ...then the people at Glasstek are not doing their homework. And it also appears that they are not doing their "homework" on getting the proper discounts AND the best classification of the parts.
DocFiberglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #55
lsx416
Launchin

I have bought alot of hoods from Glasstek and dont ever remember paying more than 120 bucks for frieght. Thats crazy to spend the same amount for shipping as the hood. wtf???
lsx416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #56
68DragRadialSS
Smoked another BBC

My brother just bought a 6" cowl scoop for his chevelle and the shipping for that motherfucker was $140 he said! For a scoop only, wtf!
68DragRadialSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #57
joelster
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496vega View Post
Here's my post from yesterday. Explains it all.
They did nothing to try to work with me, and before I received the part I called them and we discussed the fact that the shipping was way out of wack. I was told I got the discount rate and it usually costs $600. That's absolute BS! My chassis guy orders out of VFN (same area) and knows the rate it should cost. Them at least consoling me somewhat would have gone a long way, and in my line of work customer complaints get some sort of action. They could have even offered to make good on some of it and give me a discount if they were "top notch". I have no recourse but to relate what happened here to everyone. If you can't drive over and pick it up, you should consider buying from another company. My $.02
So your chassis guy knows how much VFN charges to ship something, and you think that it should be universal to EVERY other company within the same distance? Do you realize that companies that ship HIGHER VOLUMES of parcels, get better rates? A small mom and pop shop that ships here and there will not get the same rate as a shop that fills a 55 foot trailer everyday.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #58
Fraser434
Launchin

Tory and Co. have always been good to deal with. I've sold his products, with no complaints.

I'd suggest getting the prices up front.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #59
496vega
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser434 View Post
Tory and Co. have always been good to deal with. I've sold his products, with no complaints.

I'd suggest getting the prices up front.
What he said. Get prices up front. They will give no support/recourse after the fact.

Urge is not a graceful understudy.
496vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #60
225digger
time to go racing yet ?
Smoked Another SBC

you guys bitching about the frieght rates . its not just as easy as yup heres the box ship it .... frieght companys follow guidlines . for frieght size and volume . ups ground does the same thing , if the box is over a certain size it gets a different rate no matter how much it wieghs .

i deal with frieght alot , and its always a hassle , if i have a customer complain about the frieght rate i give them a number and tell them to book it there selves , i mark my frieght up 15.00 becuase i do credit cards for payments it helps pay there processing fee , and the 5 mins i call into the frieght company to do the pickup .
225digger is offline   Reply With Quote