TCI Pro-X Powerglide - Page 7 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #91
prochargedboss
Pullin gears

hey 331 cobra let me know how you make out with your check and I'm sure if we have problems we'll be in touch
prochargedboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #92
zaffman
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ben,

I thought that I explained all of this very clearly to you when this deal happened. But it's obvious that I must have not got my point accross. Just for the record, Charles bought the trans from someone else that is a dealer for us. The trans broke (I didn't know). Charles then bought another trans (for a spare) directly from TCI. Charles called me and said that he has sold the PRO-X (in JW bell and case) to someone but wanted it checked. That was the story that I was told. I specifically told you that if the tranny was not new and had damage, that we would take care of it because it was still in warranty. There was a band problem and one cross threaded hole in the case where the tailhousing bolts to the case. Instead of drilling and tapping the hole, we built it with a brand new case. Charles did have another issue with the spare trans that he bought from TCI too. The problem with both trans ended up being a shifter linkage problem, BUT TCI FIXED THE PROBLEM UNDER WARRANTY. TCI has went far and beyond with this whole deal and if you think that you need to have it torn down and checked, then so be it. Ben, call me with any questions that you might not understand the answers to. Don't use this forum to do it.

Mr. Zaffman, i'm curious to know the reason that you love TCI so much. If it's the lack of confidence from our product, and it's ability to handle horsepower, just ask Steve Petty (3,000 hp), Eric Dillard (2,600 hp), Zack Posey, and A.J. Powell (1,800 hp), Jason Lee, Chad Doyle, Bob Kurgan, Cameron Coble, Jason Smith, John Kolivas, Kevin Fiscus, Jack Barfield, Jason Mote, and i'm getting tired thinking!!!! Dude, give me a call and I will even check into building something especailly for your lack of staging ability. Haha

~TA
[email protected]
(662)-224-8972 EXT 336
For the record I had a TCI turbo 400 years ago brand new bought from summit it said it was x amount HP rated and my motor was far less and it broke I bought another 1 and the same problem happened. So my expirence with your product was a bad 1. I am pretty sure Petty/Lynch run the new ATI tranny not yours. As far as my car and staging it was a mechanical problem as to why it didnt work for most of last year and the fact the weld on the wastegate kept on breaking IE no boost!! And when I was racing mid 8 sec cars I would sit at the line trying to build boost I didnt have to worry about reacting due to the fact my car ran 7.4s on a bad day. Anyways like I said I dont know nothing about your Pro X tranny maybe its good maybe not but the 1 this guys selling was broke so thats all I need to know. I wont run a powerglide with my new combo I dont think they will hold up and the ATI Lynch is running cost about 7k and you dont even own it your leasing it so not interested in that. I will run a rossler 2.10 or his new 2 speed turbo!!

My racing operation is SHIT literally Kinda like the Kaspers but not literally....

Want to think my sponsors all 16 horses...
zaffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #93
[email protected]
Burnout box

In our defense, without knowing your combo and the part number trans that you bought, I can't give you an accurate answer to why it broke.

As for Petty/Lynch running the ATI...you are correct. They did run our P/G and broke an input shaft after several passes. They had our TH400 in there for 70 passes and couldn't break it. ATI is doing things far more than trans and converters for them.....we choose to sponsor many more racers in various different motorsports, not just a few racers.

I truly am sorry that you had problems with our products and....if I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask or call. Thanks!
TA@TCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #94
vincenos
Pullin gears

things like this are handled differently in chicago there would be some serious shit happening every1 i race with ...ahhh lets just say they dont have that much pateince also tci trans. are for bracket racers 10. 00 and slower serious horse power requires serious transmissions
vincenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #95
addicted
Burnout box

sorry tony mt to post that u where a big help.After reciving phone calls about the the other trans deal and u are involved as well kinda makes a person wonder, what the deal is with u two.http://www.nmradigital.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64647
Quote:
Ben,

I thought that I explained all of this very clearly to you when this deal happened. But it's obvious that I must have not got my point accross. Just for the record, Charles bought the trans from someone else that is a dealer for us. The trans broke (I didn't know). Charles then bought another trans (for a spare) directly from TCI. Charles called me and said that he has sold the PRO-X (in JW bell and case) to someone but wanted it checked. That was the story that I was told. I specifically told you that if the tranny was not new and had damage, that we would take care of it because it was still in warranty. There was a band problem and one cross threaded hole in the case where the tailhousing bolts to the case. Instead of drilling and tapping the hole, we built it with a brand new case. Charles did have another issue with the spare trans that he bought from TCI too. The problem with both trans ended up being a shifter linkage problem, BUT TCI FIXED THE PROBLEM UNDER WARRANTY. TCI has went far and beyond with this whole deal and if you think that you need to have it torn down and checked, then so be it. Ben, call me with any questions that you might not understand the answers to. Don't use this forum to do it.

Mr. Zaffman, i'm curious to know the reason that you love TCI so much. If it's the lack of confidence from our product, and it's ability to handle horsepower, just ask Steve Petty (3,000 hp), Eric Dillard (2,600 hp), Zack Posey, and A.J. Powell (1,800 hp), Jason Lee, Chad Doyle, Bob Kurgan, Cameron Coble, Jason Smith, John Kolivas, Kevin Fiscus, Jack Barfield, Jason Mote, and i'm getting tired thinking!!!! Dude, give me a call and I will even check into building something especailly for your lack of staging ability. Haha

~TA
[email protected]
(662)-224-8972 EXT 336
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #96
MXT GUY
Burnout box

Whats that old saying , Oh ya the cheque's in the mail.
MXT GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #97
zaffman
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
In our defense, without knowing your combo and the part number trans that you bought, I can't give you an accurate answer to why it broke.

As for Petty/Lynch running the ATI...you are correct. They did run our P/G and broke an input shaft after several passes. They had our TH400 in there for 70 passes and couldn't break it. ATI is doing things far more than trans and converters for them.....we choose to sponsor many more racers in various different motorsports, not just a few racers.

I truly am sorry that you had problems with our products and....if I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask or call. Thanks!
No problem dude my issue was at that time I didnt want to ship it in for warranty service and lose racing time so I bought another 1 and had the same issue. The prob was the tranny wasnt strong enough for what I was doing it just took me 2 trannies to figure it out. I should of delt with someone 1st hand instead of buying 1 I just figured the advertised HP rating was all that mattered I found out different. IM just not big on shipping heavy shit rather have a local place do my work and if problems arise drive it to them. I now just follow the leader and use products that guys doing what I do or better use.

My racing operation is SHIT literally Kinda like the Kaspers but not literally....

Want to think my sponsors all 16 horses...
zaffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #98
prochargedboss
Pullin gears

Default mxt guy

mxt guy where's your truck?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #99
[email protected]
Burnout box

Yeah, I had one other guy call and ask me what kind of components were in the trans as well. I can only tell what I know. The man does have (or did have) 2 PRO-X glides. That's all I know...so for anyone else reading this, please don't call me for any info on this deal because I don't want someone getting the wrong perception about me or TCI. Thank you very much!
TA@TCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #100
[email protected]
Launchin

Cool Trans

Feel the love!

When you want a Custom suspension part call me!

Jason 812-525-5521

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pa-Racing/128321563653
Jason@PaRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #101
junior
Smoked another BBC

tony is the man and tci pro x's are the chit
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #102
prochargedboss
Pullin gears

charles sent cheque back today will let everyone know if things are ok thanks YB
Old 02-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #103
Tom McDunnah
Smoked Another SBC

So has every thing been resolved?If so I am releasing this thread.Keep us posted
Old 02-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #104
prochargedboss
Pullin gears

I'll let you know in a couple days when I take cheque in thanks tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 01:12 AM   #105
393LX
Spooled up

I was supposed to get a check sent to me today as well. Haven't heard from Charles and hasn't returned my calls.
393LX is offline   Reply With Quote