Dss Racing Motors - Page 6 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 AM   #76
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Dss Racing Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
You have your advantages, I suppose.

You will certainly put someone's kids through college.

But its not really charity if you whine about it.........
Holy Jebus!!!

Is this yahoo STILL at it???
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #77
flamingvert1989
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
Holy Jebus!!!

Is this yahoo STILL at it???
yep until i cant type anymore. i will always i something to say about the fine probe products i have bought and will never buy again.
flamingvert1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #78
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Well then...that works for both of us.

I will never run out of opportunities to tell the world that you're an idiot.....and you will have no effect on my life at all.....
Mark O'Neal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #79
flamingvert1989
Burnout box

Quote:
Well then...that works for both of us.

I will never run out of opportunities to tell the world that you're an idiot.....and you will have no effect on my life at all.....

right back to u there sir
flamingvert1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #80
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Stick around.......we'll learn you a thing or two.......
Old 11-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #81
63T-Bolt
Smoked another BBC

I have a DSS block laying in storage from one of their DSS 306 shortblocks, main girdle and windage tray setups too. It made it a grand total of 30 miles before it completely wiped out the rear main bearing. Still trying to figure out how it wipes the rear main bearing out yet every other bearing looked fine (besides the tiny damage from the bearing debris going through the engine till the filter caught it all.)

Trying to decide if the block is worth fixing or not, bores are good, just needs a new rear main cap and align hone it all again. Something I dont think is worth it on a stock 302 block, am I wrong?
Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #82
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63T-Bolt View Post
I have a DSS block laying in storage from one of their DSS 306 shortblocks, main girdle and windage tray setups too. It made it a grand total of 30 miles before it completely wiped out the rear main bearing. Still trying to figure out how it wipes the rear main bearing out yet every other bearing looked fine (besides the tiny damage from the bearing debris going through the engine till the filter caught it all.)

Trying to decide if the block is worth fixing or not, bores are good, just needs a new rear main cap and align hone it all again. Something I dont think is worth it on a stock 302 block, am I wrong?

Its personal preference. Align boring blocks can turn into a nightmare.

But, you're right, a stock block, is a stock block, a stock block.....
Old 11-18-2010, 03:34 AM   #83
teufeltruck60
Pullin gears

Quote:
This is the kind of dipshit statement that just annoys the hell out of me.

Probe's are EXACTLY as brittle as CP, JE, ROSS, Diamond, Racetek, and every other company that uses 2618-t6.

For Christ's sake, most of us get the forgings from the same suppliers.

I almost agree with you. Its actually not worth a shit because you don't know what you're talking about.

So, when you don't.....shut the hell up. That way, there is just the odd chance, some actual information might leak in.

I hope I've made a new friend.
I will post pics of your broken parts, Your flat tops are about as durable as kieth blacks hyper a something. I have not used any other parts from Probe other than them. The piston broke clean in 2. right down the valve pocket. One did it and we thought it was a fluke, replaced it and there goes another. Luckily nothing else got hurt. We gave the pistons away to a street stock guy that was running 9:1. no problems from him so far. they just did not hold up to our use. maybe they were not to brittle, maybe they were just to thin. Hell I dont know but I have seen srp and JE pistons get the shit beat out of them and not break in half. So since your the self proclaimed expert, what would cause a piston to break in half right down the valve pocket?
teufeltruck60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #84
68firebird
Smoked another BBC

I have a 434 small block Chevy with Probe pistons in it (in a Dart Little -M block). I also have a Procharger F-2 blowthrough on it running 10lbs of boost. I made 712 horsepower to the wheels though an auto and ran [email protected] on 93 octane pump gas in a 3260lb street car. I have also been driving this car back and forth to work all year once a week or once every 2 weeks. a 20 minute drive each way. I have not had one single issue with my Probes. Maybe I will eventually when I turn up the boost...which I am heading to the dyno this Sunday with different pulleys...but to be honest I wont blame the probes. Shit happens...stuff breaks. I build my own engines...I pick my own parts. I won't blame Mark at all if they fail.
68firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #85
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by teufeltruck60 View Post
I will post pics of your broken parts, Your flat tops are about as durable as kieth blacks hyper a something. I have not used any other parts from Probe other than them. The piston broke clean in 2. right down the valve pocket. One did it and we thought it was a fluke, replaced it and there goes another. Luckily nothing else got hurt. We gave the pistons away to a street stock guy that was running 9:1. no problems from him so far. they just did not hold up to our use. maybe they were not to brittle, maybe they were just to thin. Hell I dont know but I have seen srp and JE pistons get the shit beat out of them and not break in half. So since your the self proclaimed expert, what would cause a piston to break in half right down the valve pocket?
If you take the time to send them in, we can probably tell you why they failed.

Most often its either using a part that is not suited to the application, or a lousy tuneup.

Sometimes a shitty attitude can kill them.......

So far you have a complaint and have given me zero data to work with.

I assume that you are running boost. I also assume (but I shouldn't) that you know that some flat tops are designed for a low bobweight and are not suited for a boosted application.

I also assume that you know what the part number is and how thick the top of the pistons is...and how far down the land is.

Actually, I'm just funnin' ya. You might dig up the part number, but I doubt you checked on any of the other stuff.

My guess is that you have a .150 deck piston..design for a lightweight circle track application.

But.....give me something to work with, I'll be happy to help you out.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #86
teufeltruck60
Pullin gears

um... it was in a circle track application, I do not believe I have ever once posted saying I run boost. Boost is not legal in circle track applications. nor would it that well. Not asking for help, I was just posting my expierence. I have seen some of your shafts nice stuff, Have not heard of any issues with those. If memory serves they were a 4.03 1.125 comp height flat top (49cc chamber) was 13.8 comp. piston to valve was checked. only a 2.05 valve so there should not have been any isues there.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #87
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
um... it was in a circle track application, I do not believe I have ever once posted saying I run boost. Boost is not legal in circle track applications. nor would it that well. Not asking for help, I was just posting my expierence. I have seen some of your shafts nice stuff, Have not heard of any issues with those. If memory serves they were a 4.03 1.125 comp height flat top (49cc chamber) was 13.8 comp. piston to valve was checked. only a 2.05 valve so there should not have been any isues there.
I was guessing, because you didn't give any information. I'm good but my crystal ball is broken.

Do you still have a broken one laying around?

You can believe it,or not, but its not an issue we have, so I'd really like to see it.

I've got one guy that eats the pin holes...and he's a very good engine builder...that I have never figured out. And McKeon ate a couple of sets on the dyno that I can't explain..metallurgy is good, no flaws in the forging....but we don't have any unexplained breakage outside of those.

I'll call tag it, if you still have it around.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #88
teufeltruck60
Pullin gears

Yea, its on the broken motor parts shelf. it was approx 5 yrs ago, Nothing recent. I will check to see if my uncle wants to part with it. It was his motor, I just assembled.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #89
ordinary builder
Smoked Another SBC

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MARK IS WILLING TO WORK WITH YOU A BIT.
ordinary builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #90
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Yea, its on the broken motor parts shelf. it was approx 5 yrs ago, Nothing recent. I will check to see if my uncle wants to part with it. It was his motor, I just assembled.
I suspect it's a design that is .150 thick through the deck...that is aimed at the 9.0:1 oval track cars, at the C/R you're running .180 is about as thin as I'd go.

We have two in that C/H. One is .240 thick. You won't break that no matter how much compression you run. I think you had the Moleculite, which is .150 thick...which is the minimum thickness you can put on the deck.

Wrong piston for the application. But it is light.....

Last edited by Mark O'Neal; 11-19-2010 at 01:53 AM.