Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!! - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #61
Danb
Pullin gears

Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88^2 View Post
So first you say your a comp cams dealer but when you called them they recommended you to this Brett bower guy (a little weird for them to recommend you to another cam guy but w/e I,ll go with it) so you get this 4v cams and all is good. Some time later you call this dude up again to get some cams for this 3v, as well as a push rod motor, but he doesn't deliver. So then you go on to say that when you call comp cams again they say this guy (which they once recommended according to you) is a dumb ass and doesn't know what he is doing. Ok a little weird. So this whole time, comp cams offers 2 different set of cams for three valve motors that are specifically designed to get that loppy sound out of a modular car....oh and there only 800 bucks.....are you slow or stupid? None of this makes no sense....which usually means BS. Btw this brett bower guy sounds like a dumb ass too, do you not do any research on your vendors? Guy has been kicked off half the major chevy boards.

Well as everyone knows when you call comp cams and speak to one person sometimes their opinions differ from person to person in that place. The main engineer that I spoke with after the fact, told me point blank that there was no way in hell that those cams would have ever loped. And needless to say that is what the customer wanted and what BRE was told!! So as soon as the car started and had a smooth idle it was game over no matter how you look at it. As for me being slow or stupid Ö nice insult their slick. When you deal with building customer cars it is always easier to have a custom cam built for the application on the newer VCT cars because it make tuning much easier. And seeing as how we had good luck the first time with the custom cams we just went with him. His name is Brett Bauer and he is located in NY the Brett Bower you are talking about is another guy the has burned people or so I have been told. I donít hang out on message boards this is just about the only one I deal with

It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #62
Danb
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscayniac View Post
This idiot Bauer has been asked for his credentials or any proof that he has the experience or education that he claims for years now and guess what......nothing! Surprise, surprise.

I guess the one thing that gets me is why people go to this guy to design a cam when you can call a cam company/grinder direct and they can and will do it for you. I'm sure there are reasons, but I prefer going directly to the source. The machine shop I used to run back in the 80's-90's was a Comp dealer. When I needed a custom cam, I'd call and they'd deliver. Without the extra cost either.

Don't feel bad though guys. This guy has made a career out of conning people into thinking he knows what he is talking about and getting them to pay extra for little or nothing.

Bret Bauer.......truly a legend in his own mind!!
agreed ...... i normally use comp cams my self but that one time when a guy that works there told me to contact this clown i was blown away but then again the one time we used him were good results it was the next time that we got boned

Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #63
Danb
Pullin gears

Hence the reason i have a custom set of Cams in my 25.2 saleen

Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #64
88^2
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danb View Post
When you deal with building customer cars it is always easier to have a custom cam built for the application on the newer VCT cars because it make tuning much easier.
Oh good point Comp Cams who has a shit ton of money in the r & d doesn't have shit on this, as you put it, blind squirrel that got lucky and found an acorn.....LOL

I just don't get how a custom cam for 1200 bucks is smarter than getting a set from Comp who probably has sets on the shelf
88^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #65
88^2
Burnout box

Wait a second wait a second is this the Dan bordmen who worked over at Mel Clayton ford??? I firkin remember you!!!! Yea the other techs used to call you double check Dan! So much of your shit came back we had to start double checking it, i remember you got the boot in like 4 or 5 months....christen and ryan would tell us funny stories about you all the time! It's cool that you own yournown shop now i guess, I saw some guy saying you guys build some of the fastest cars around, what series do you race in, it's weird I haven't really seen you guys around.....
Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #66
78malibu
Burnout box

Let me clarify that for you from the guy that said they build the fastest cars it is fastest street cars cause they have never had a fast race car in any association besides there dreams.
78malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #67
347fairless
Pullin gears

Just want to say this thread is excellent and looking forward to the double check dan rebuttle....

7.93 @ 183mph 23psi 1.38 60ft. 3910 lbs

1588rwhp\1350rwtq @ 23psi Mustang Dyno

347fairless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #68
Danb
Pullin gears

naw no rebuttle when people dont even come close to the truth.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #69
Danb
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88^2 View Post
Wait a second wait a second is this the Dan bordmen who worked over at Mel Clayton ford??? I firkin remember you!!!! Yea the other techs used to call you double check Dan! So much of your shit came back we had to start double checking it, i remember you got the boot in like 4 or 5 months....christen and ryan would tell us funny stories about you all the time! It's cool that you own yournown shop now i guess, I saw some guy saying you guys build some of the fastest cars around, what series do you race in, it's weird I haven't really seen you guys around.....
I'm thinking you have wrong information, but that is cool.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #70
88^2
Burnout box

Quote:
I'm thinking you have wrong information, but that is cool.
For a second there i thought maybe I had the wrong guy but i asked some old friends that worked there before they sold the place, and your the guy i'm thinking of, they still remembered your old nick name too! This is dan bordmen who lives in az right?
Old 07-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #71
Danb
Pullin gears

nope

Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #72
88^2
Burnout box

Man this took some work but i was sure I'm thinking of the right guy, you worked for Mel Clayton, some all mustang shop, brake master, sun devil auto, then start your shop psracing, but i hear you can't afford your shop anymore so your selling it? My friend remembered you to when i showed him some of your posts....
Old 07-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #73
Danb
Pullin gears

bwahahahaha

Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #74
Turbo 70 Camaro
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
bwahahahaha
Very entertaining stuff here. The Duche with 7 posts yah you weren't sent here right, fuckin jack off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #75
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo 70 Camaro View Post
Very entertaining stuff here. The Duche with 7 posts yah you weren't sent here right, fuckin jack off.
I dunno why he has to stir crap. My posts in this thread are accurate and he doesn't have twin 88's.
Just like Richard talking crap.
I sent the man business and both are talking crap.
I don't understand people like that.
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote