Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!! - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #46
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 50,511
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY View Post
Well, at the risk of sounding like a nuthugger, Bret has been nothing but professional with me. I know you cant make everyone happy...believe me here as I was a service advisor in car dealers for years, so I have a little different view on things...I see alot more of the "pie" so to speak.

Bret is brash and to the point. There is always 3 sides to every story, your side...their side...and what ACTUALLY happened.

Problem is nowadays the customer takes no responsibility for their actions, whether it be lack of knowledge, installation error, mis-communication or whatever maybe the issue........ it is 99% of the time(in the customers eyes) the vendors fault.

Now I know a buddy of mine that got a cam from Bret that didnt work out, he has very good knowledge. But he relied, as all of us do, on a machine shop to set the heads up. So who knows what he got back to put on the car. But he's a smart dude.

But after all is said and done, if you are a business owner you SHOULD have good negotiating(customer handling)skills. Bret seems to do good until you flip his switch.

I dont think asking for the tune in the car was too much to ask, seeing as he was being blamed for the cars lack of performance. If you sell a guy a engine, ship it to him and it doesnt make the power or run the number...you start questioning his setup and tuning abilities...right? As you KNOW what the engine SHOULD do...right?

I just think two negatives met here....but didnt make a positive. But the guy who bought the cams went WAY out of bounds calling Brets home/parents etc....wtf is up with that. Thats WAY out of bounds.
Yeah, you're swinging a bit.

The two very simple facts remain.

1. The 3V cams didn't lope.

2. Brett wouldn't refund the money for the push rod cam. By Brett's own words posted in here, he put in cue to wait the job's turn. He done nothing on the job. After waiting for the cam, it became evident the deadline for the project could not be met, a refund was asked for and denied. How is that right?

Like I said before, I'm not gonna get into what each man said, but I will say that both could have conducted themselves in a much better fashion.
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #47
FASTFATBOY
SEENYOR MEMBER
Smoked Another SBC
 
FASTFATBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around the way.
Posts: 7,216
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
Stick to your chevy stuff, because you obviously don't know modulars! LOL!

LOL I have never heard a Mod motor lope with cams in it, I heard a few with cams that sounded stock. Most do with cams.

Seems like you put enough duration and overlap in that little motor with overhead cams to make it lope it would hurt power and driveability...hey I'm just sayin'.
__________________
2003 Z06, track day master of brake destruction
FASTFATBOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #48
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 50,511
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY View Post
LOL I have never heard a Mod motor lope with cams in it, I heard a few with cams that sounded stock. Most do with cams.

Seems like you put enough duration and overlap in that little motor with overhead cams to make it lope it would hurt power and driveability...hey I'm just sayin'.
I'm just saying.......stick to the stuff you know.
The 3 and 4V heads breathe very well............especially when you apply boost. They also rev much higher.........to take advantage of bigger cams.

We do nasty cams in 4.6 and 5.4 here all the time. The reason Brett got the jobs for the 3V and the push rod was because of the job performed on the procharged 4.6. But he did fail on the other two jobs and that's a complete fact.

PS..........go to youtube to find cammed 4.6........PLENTY of them there!
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #49
Danb
Member
Pullin gears
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 571
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Wow i just seen this ... I will be on here in a few. I am busy at this moment..
Brett Bauer you are a piece of sheit and nothing more. Ill finish in a bit needless to say you are not going to like my response little boy
__________________
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented citizen is like calling a drug dealer a unlicensed pharmacist!
"Thanking Obama for killing Bin Laden is like going into McDonalds and thanking Ronald McDonald for the hamburger.

It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #50
Danb
Member
Pullin gears
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 571
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

you want the dirt displayed then you shall have it i didn't even talk about the shitty 3v cams that you didnt even do what you were asked to do .. I was talking aboutthe money you took for my push rod cam that you never produced..
__________________
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented citizen is like calling a drug dealer a unlicensed pharmacist!
"Thanking Obama for killing Bin Laden is like going into McDonalds and thanking Ronald McDonald for the hamburger.

It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #51
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 50,511
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY View Post
LOL I have never heard a Mod motor lope with cams in it, I heard a few with cams that sounded stock. Most do with cams.

Seems like you put enough duration and overlap in that little motor with overhead cams to make it lope it would hurt power and driveability...hey I'm just sayin'.
"Hand me down" custom cams from a car that went turbo.
Listen closely, there are a couple times you can hear it at idle.

On crappy Phoenix 91 octane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB6vyUCa_jo
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #52
Danb
Member
Pullin gears
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 571
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
Dan BOARDMAN.... took some searching to find your name so I could give the police the name of the guy who I didn't even know I did business with.


Bwahahahaha that is some funny shit right there. I guess you haha hard time spending my money too right! Im quite easy to find all you have to do is open your email and see my name right next to my email what a douche


Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
Well I finally have time here this holiday weekend to deal with you for the LAST TIME, I don't come on YB to get in pissing contests with guys who act like little girls, and I come here to talk motors because I enjoy it.... so here is the other side of the story:


There is no other side of the story you idiot. Brett Bauer you claim to be an engine builder extraordinaire when in fact you are not. Some how my shop employee was referred to you by Comp Cams because they said you could do a decent job. What a big lie that was. My employee placed an order with you for a set of Mach 1 cams and I paid for them through my pay pal as you requested. So in turn you knew me and that singles out your first lie. I did not ever talk to you until that ordeal was over (there went your next lie) and like I had said prior those cam worked good, I never denied that. Then we decided to use you again. Once again my employee called you oh wait he texted you about a set of after market cams that we were wanting and the main thing with the cams was that the customer wanted the car to lope you know that old school lope that was the only criteria. He showed us a You Tube clip of what he wanted his car to sound like and told us what cams that were used. My employee sent you the ford specs of the cams that were used if you like I can post that email here!! And guess what when the cams arrived they did not lope what so ever! I could give two shits less about any thing else you say the fact was that I never dealt with you until you were not able to spec out a simple cam that loped harder than a stock cam! Then when your cams didnít even make as much power as the stock cams we knew right then there was an issue. That fact remains regardless of any thing else and that alone discredits anything you could ever say. You did not provide what we asked for.. You keep asking to look at the tune.. seriously how stupid are you?? If the cam was spec right the cams would lope . However after talking to comp cams the guys there said there was no way in hell they would ever lope! So Brett Bauer you Failed!! AGAIN!! Then you wanted to see the datalogs on the dyno Ö what does that have to do with cam lope??? Nothing! The customer requested what he wanted, not what you wanted to build and you could not even do the simplest thing now could you. You see you are trying to mislead everyone with your smoke and mirrors trick when the fact remains that you did not deliver what was ordered and another note how did this topic get on to the first set of cams when we were talking about my (the 3rd set) cam for my 331 turbo car that you took payment for and never produced!! You see you always try to build your reputation on deceiving others. kind of like now where you are trying to detour the subject by patting your back and bringing up the 2nd set of cams that did not work. I have tried to leave out the fact that your cam grinding suck but you have left me no choice. The stock cams made more power than your super duper cams did how pathetic. However lets pick apart this bullshit post of yours little boy. Since you want to be petty lets be petty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
First off.... I'm not in Colorado, I'm in NY. Brett Bowers out of Fort Collins Colorado is a totally different guy, so if someone is pissed at him.... that ain't me.


I know where you live MR. B.R.E (Broken Race engines) remember I am the one who called your home and your dads place of work!!! Just think I found all that information from another guy that you ripped off! If you were a stand up guy then I would not have had to look for your sorry ass. However I did have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
Second off.... this deal between you and I is not about business. LET ME REPEAT THIS DEAL IS NOT ABOUT BUSINESS, IT'S ABOUT THE WAY YOU TALK AND TREAT PEOPLE, PEOPLE THAT I'M CLOSE TOO.


Pot meet kettle, this is you trying to rip another person off and this time you have picked the wrong person to mess with. This world is way too small for people like you to think that you can burn someone and then talk to them like they are shit! I go by someoneís word and if their word is not worth a shit then that person is not worth a shit ÖÖ just like you. Remember this is a small world Brett please keep that in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
When I have to take calls from my suppliers and my family from and I quote "some asshole" calling them and "mother fucking" them up and down... we draw the fucking line. Thankfully I know the countySheriff and his 2nd in charge well so I had a little talk with them about harassing phone calls you made to my family. Try it again Mr. Boardman and you will be being picked up in a squad car by Arizona's finest.


Maybe if you were Man enough to deal with your own customer then I would not have had to go around you like I did!! Here are the facts jack! The cams were installed on the 2008 Shelby on Tuesday they started the car up and guess what we had to double check that we installed the correct parts because the cams made no lope what so ever. So that was the point that you failed Brett. We didnít need to go any further than that. You were made aware of the problem Thursday after we decided to stick the car on the dyno. You were told that the customer wanted his car by Friday.. needless to say you did not return any phone calls nor any texts Friday, instead you left us to carry the burden of your mistake and we had to deal with the customer because you were not man enough to make the phone call. I gave you the entire day to call us because we already knew you knew what the issue was and yet you neglected to call.. You see this is what separates the men from the boys. A real man of his word would have been calling the shop first thing Friday morning to settle this issue or to resolve it however once again you showed your true colors!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
This whole issue with you comes down to how you TREAT PEOPLE. I don't deal with grown men who act like a 10 year old girl who didn't get what she wanted for Christmas. I don't deal with people who harass my suppliers and who harass my family at home or at work. When a contact I have worked with for over 8 years calls me and says "Man this guy is a piece of work.", or when my MOTHER calls me and says there is a number from Arizona that has called her 4 times in a row, OR better yet when my old man tells me when I get back to the shop from lunch that a guy called him and acted like a complete asshole..... That's the fucking LINE you crossed. You found out quick how I deal with people who do that.... YOUR DAY GETS WORSE.
Bwahahahahahahahaa yep I got most of my money back!

Yep and Ill cross it again and again. But it is ok for you to talk to people the way you doÖ. You see you ignorant know nothing little boy. I gave you 7 weeks to take care of this issue and you failed to do so. So after the 5th week I had enough I spoke to Comp cams and I told them the entire story and also supplied the emails hence the reason they steeped up to the plate and took care of the issue (Comp Cams Rocks while Brett just sucks). You see Brett I have been a dealer for Comp cams for many more years than you have and I can tell you first hand they told me that you were the retard that provided the cam specs and they only followed your orders to a T however what you failed to mention in your page long nothing of a post is that you would not take care of this issue. I exchanged emails with you on that first Saturday when you started trying to talk to me like a little child.. other than that my employee did every thing he could to get you to take care of the issue with no luck.. You want to see data logs .. check this out lets see your credentials that proves to me that you even know what you are looking at!!! Because we all know that you cant build a motor and you cant comprehend simple order when someone wants a cam to lope! So what in the world would make you think that I would trust that you can even read a data log when you canít even tighten an oil pump stud!


Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
Your REFUND was being held from you so I could HELP the boys in your shop on the problem that most likely YOU caused. That's not my job, but I do shit like that to help my customers when they run into something they haven't seen. (First 3V cam job for you BTW.... rookie mistakes are common deals )


First off jack wad I own the shop. Why would I work on the cars my selfÖÖ. Hummmmm I wouldnít unless there is a problem hence the reason we only hire Master Techs and seeing as how I am one, and have been for 20 years. That would mean that I more than likely could not make that lame cam you sent lope unless I disconnected a few spark plug wires! I guess that is the way hacks like your self do things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
I gave you back your refund AFTER I was told your tuner had INTELECTUAL PROPERTY and wasn't going to share it and even informed them it was minus a $1.00 for every minute that I had to spend talking to your shop manager, my business contacts and my family about YOUR BEHAVIOR. That was almost 2 hours, 110 minutes to be exact. So your $410 refund was short $110 to cover my time and you were told you could have that if you sent out by e-mail 3 written apologies for how you treated people..... Apparently at this point your ego is too big for $110.


Bwahahahaha you are stupid.. I guess I should charge you the money it takes in time to do a cam swap on a 3 valve seeing as how you could not do your job properly the first time. You didnít get the Data logs because I told them if they sent them to you I would fire them! Im not going to deal with a finger pointer such as your self! If you had to come up with some sort of lie to tell your old man, about who you ripped off then that is your problem! You can take those 3 apologies and shove them right up your ass fuck face! You see people like you think that just because you shut a computer off and walk away that things like this is over when in fact it is not. This is a small world and what goes around will come around. This is far from over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
Third..... Letís get down to the business side of this.


This entire thread is about you and your Business Bauer Race engines.. you see I can run my mouth all I want. Because it is not slander nor is it defamation of character because it is called the truth (not like all the shit you talked about the other cam grinder when we spoke) your piss poor attitude that has gotten you banned from many sites and one day will get you hurt. I made my last post and now that you remarked with bullshit I will tell everyone that 110.00 will cost you much more than that in business. Do you know the difference between you and I? I am a grown man I am out on my own with my own shop. I donít have to hide behind my father like you do nor do I work out of the back of his shop like you do. Then you try to be so sly by not answering your phone guess what tough guy. You were quite easy to find. What you have done by accepting money and admitting it on this forum that you are defrauding me of many is called mail fraud genius! I guess your not up with all the laws that surround the internet now are you.. oh and the Tit for tat is called Black mail smart guy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
My relationship with the shop you FORMERLY owned started by being contacted by your shop manager, NOT YOU. Pretty sad that you know you are so bad with people you need someone else to deal with them for you. I'm glad you didn't mention the FIRST thing I did for ****************, a set of 4V cams for a Mach1 with D1 blower where you had to de-tune the car 60+rwhp to keep the bottom end together. That was the first thing I did for your FORMER shop Performance Solutions. I guess that deal made enough of an impression that you had the stones to call me and ask for a set of FREE $1200 4V cams for your Mod Turbo motor... I was a little put off by your attitude then on the phone, but knew you were a piece of work when you asked for that.



Actually if you were able to comprehend what I typed you would have see that I gave you props for that.. but I guess they donít teach that in the school that you went to. Actually I am currently in the middle of selling my shop because I canít stand to deal with people like your self that think that there is no repercussions for their actions. Since you are getting half truths from my Employee maybe you should check how valid your source is because you are far from the truth on all accounts. Me having a manager to deal with jerks like your self only shows you that I am successful and points out yet another lie. You see Iím truth full and direct I always give facts and I take care of all my obligations unlike you. As for my cams.. I never asked for any thing for free! Hence the reason I waited 2 months for a response from you about them! The time delay is what told me to walk away from you. Iím sure you do a lot of 11 sec cars but lets face it I didnít want to go slower so I have a real pro cut my cams. I have always paid for everything I have un like you I donít need to burn someone on the internet to make my money.. I actually own a shop that is so reputable that I am able to sell it because we have such a large cliental. You wont see threads about me screwing up peoples intake manifolds and then expecting them to pay for it. Furthermore I follow through with everything I say. So I guess you could say that you can take my word to the bank. Your word is like a bad check.. there is thread after thread of crap about you ripping people off. Do a search.. hell I have 50 or so Pms about some of the shit you have pulled. I guess S.A.M wasnít so good now was it.. maybe you should have taken some courses at the community college on customer service..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
Next up was this 3V setup, where all I was told is that the customer wants cams for the car and all that is done to it is the tune, cam phaser delete and a set of cams/springs.... I got ZERO limits or wants/needs other than "we need a set of cams, like TOMORROW."

So being the total asshole that I am I bumped you up in line to make you happy, paid for them to be shipped out Next Day Air rather than the 2nd Day I charged for. Long story short... when I ask to see the tune, I get shit. When I ask if the cams were degreed in... I get shit. So as I told your shop manager... if you want the refund or any help, get me a copy of the tune and I will see if we can help you out. I don't tune, I'm not in your market, but I know people that have tuning down better than 99% of the rest of the country and when I ask them for some help I usually get it. My thinking was that the calibrations linked to the cam phaser were off in the ECU and its most likely pulling timing out which was causing your issues, not to mention lord knows where the cams are installed since you don't believe in a degree wheel. I can't go show you how to degree a camshaft, but I sure as shit can spend some of my time and money helping you with tuning issues to make sure that is not the issue. When a tuner says its "intellectual property" I know right then and there what kind of people I'm dealing with. If you don't write the code for the software, thatís' a complete cover up for not knowing what you are doing.... I've been around the bush a few times, dealt with a lot of shops and worked thru issues that were not my own. Either way... when MOST COMMON CAMS FOR THAT APPLICATION is: the FRP cams at 219/240, the Comp shelf pieces at 221/228 and the cams I sent you at 221/228.... I find it hard to believe that the cams themselves are so far off that they are the problem here. Your tuner and shop manager KNEW that I wanted to see the tune a month ago... and I wasn't doing any refunds until that happened. So blame them for the TIME... but I was willing to help THEM out with this deal since they act like grown adults.



Like I said many times I guess that comprehention thing is coming in to play again.. what does that have to do with tuning.. we build 8 sec cars all the time. I have been building my own motors for many years and now all of a sudden I donít know how to read a degree wheel.. bwahahahaha I guess we must use ours as a Frisbee. What does that have to do with lope!!!!!! Obviously this shows how ignorant you are. The 4.6 motor is an interference motor. Since S.A.M didnít teach you how to read ill explain it to you, when you have a cam that is off even one tooth the valve will make contact with the piston thus causing the valve to bend then I guess we would have had a lopping engine because we would have a few dead cylinders is this how you get your cams to lope? Weird most of us race car guys have a custom cam cut for us that fits our needs the key word here is OUR not, YOUR needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
Cam order #3 (Pushrod Turbo) was put in line with the rest of the deals I have to design because I had no due date for that... and I'm not screwing over a line up customers twice for the same shop who has done little business with me. Ain't going to happen.


You are retarded I asked for a refund the day I emailed you about your lope sounding cam and you said you would refund the money for that cam. Needless to say 7 weeks latter no money that is when I started making a big stink about it. You have now dreamed up this alter reality that you are living inÖ Just for the record I am a stand up guy ask anyone that knows me and has not tried to rip me offÖ the #2 ORDER THAT I WAS NOT EVEN COMPLAINING ABOUT AND I REFUSED TO GIVE ANY ONE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT WAS NOT AN ISSUE until now! Iím a big boy. I made the choice to use you this last time and I am now dealing with the Brettisums of that decision. However I didnít even ask for a refund. When I emailed you, You made it quite clear that you were not going to do squat So I handled the issue on my own.. I canceled my order with you immediately. So letís hear what gives you the right to hold this money again seeing as how it had nothing to do with the screwed up cams that you did for me. It had nothing to do with anything hence the cause of these post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
Dan.... when my customers have problems, I help them out and get them covered be that a motor install that takes all night before a race or a set of LS7 castings that got stole from me and I got fucked on. Reason being is that these customers are GOOD PEOPLE and I need too help them out. But when some guy goes off on me half cocked acting like a complete asshole to the point where even guys that I compete against (Ed Curtis)who don't even like me call me up and tell me you are a total asshole.....
GUYS LIKE YOU CAN GO POUND SAND!


Yes when your customers have issues you run and hide like I have read so many times beforeÖ Is this the same Ed Curtis that you talk so much shit about??? Does he know all the crap that you spew about him? I call BS on that one because I have also received a few emails from people (other cam grinders ) telling me what a piece of work you are. Pound sand??? Bwahahahaha what ever tough guy keep writing those checksÖÖ


[QUOTE=SStrokerAce;4375423] I've been around the block... guys like you are a dime a dozen and normally in a conversation I can weed them out pretty quick... I normally weed people out with the perception that I'm a total asshole. Apparently you figured that out all ready in life because you need a front man to talk to people for you... I will give you that this year you take my shitty customer award prize and it's only July!

Bwahahahaha man you should be a comedian because you do a much better job of making me laugh. I donít think youíre an asshole I think that you are young and ignorant. You donít have the mileage to be a man yet hence the reason you act the way you do.

[QUOTE=SStrokerAce;4375423] If youíre a victim... look in the mirror because you cause your OWN problems. I don't feel any remorse for any person who acts like you do and treats people like you do.... in fact I actually feel bad for your old lady more than anyone, that is one brave sole you are married too for right now.

Yes I caused my own issues I trusted you and though you were a stand up guy, Boy was I wrong. Wow talk about desperation, is this the best you have is to make assumptions about someoneís wife and try to belittle them.. tick tock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce View Post
As I said, write those 3 apologizes and you will get $110 back... this ain't about the money, it's about having some values... and one of mine is you don't treat people around me like shit for free. I still doubt it will happen because, you are so clueless you don't even have an idea WHY you should apologize... which is evident by your post on here.


You are right. It is not about the money I seriously donít need it however it is quite clear that you do. You are so pathetic that you cant even be a man and deal with me on this subject instead you talk shit about my wife and you keep texting my employee. A real man would have picked up the phone and talked to the other person like a man. You are too ignorant to under stand much less comprehend what I have typed. So here is the cliff notes that way you and anyone who ever thinks about doing business with you. I have ordered 3 sets of cams from you here they are.

Cam#1 4v cam
runs fine made good power ( Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then)

Cam#2 3v cam
Wasnít what we ordered, we only asked that the cam make more power than stock and loped and you failed to do that! I personally though it was quite simple but I guess it was way beyond your comprehension level (this thread was not about this abortion set of cams)

Cam#3 331 push rod single cam
This is what you failed to refund money for this is the only item that I was bitching about. I made no mention of the other cams nor the problems. However I guess you just were too lazy to read my entire post. You finally refunded 300 out of 410.00 that I paid for this cam 7 weeks latter after stating that you are going to charge me 1.00 per minute to sort threw your mistakes. Key word is your mistakes. The only mistake I did was paying you. This boils down to the simple fact that you took money and provided no product.. uhm last time I checked that is called steeling and that would make the person or persons whom have committed this act a thief or thiefís

Brett
You need to grow up. You could have avoided all of this by just calling us Friday or even by answering your phone when you knew there was an issue but you didnít. So I waited and after 7 weeks we had came to the conclusion that you were not going to do any thing that you said you were going to do. The fact is that we asked for a lumpy cam for the 3 v you failed to provide itÖ money lost not only on the over priced non working cams but also on the labor. However I am man enough to know when some one was just going to point a finger to someone else because that is what people like you do. None of this has any thing to do with 410.00 that I paid for the 3rd cam. This is where we have issues.. however it is apparent that you donít want to resolve this issue. So keep this crap coming. Call your cop buddies file your reports, seeing as how the guy you burned on the 3v cams is a 15 year Sheriff here locally. Iím sure he would love to have your info. You see we donít do shady stuff here like you do!

Have a wonderful day cupcake.
Your still a douche canoe
__________________
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented citizen is like calling a drug dealer a unlicensed pharmacist!
"Thanking Obama for killing Bin Laden is like going into McDonalds and thanking Ronald McDonald for the hamburger.

It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:43 AM   #53
Greg G
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Greg G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,284
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Danb, Brett is not affiliated with S.A.M.

Just wanted to point that out.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:57 AM   #54
Danb
Member
Pullin gears
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 571
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

i dont think i ment to tie the two together. I was under the impression that that is where he learned his wisdom from. if that is not the case then im sorry.. I guess the lies never stop lol
__________________
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented citizen is like calling a drug dealer a unlicensed pharmacist!
"Thanking Obama for killing Bin Laden is like going into McDonalds and thanking Ronald McDonald for the hamburger.

It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #55
88^2
Junior Member
Burnout box
 
88^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Between the 1319 and 1320
Posts: 12
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

So first you say your a comp cams dealer but when you called them they recommended you to this Brett bower guy (a little weird for them to recommend you to another cam guy but w/e I,ll go with it) so you get this 4v cams and all is good. Some time later you call this dude up again to get some cams for this 3v, as well as a push rod motor, but he doesn't deliver. So then you go on to say that when you call comp cams again they say this guy (which they once recommended according to you) is a dumb ass and doesn't know what he is doing. Ok a little weird. So this whole time, comp cams offers 2 different set of cams for three valve motors that are specifically designed to get that loppy sound out of a modular car....oh and there only 800 bucks.....are you slow or stupid? None of this makes no sense....which usually means BS. Btw this brett bower guy sounds like a dumb ass too, do you not do any research on your vendors? Guy has been kicked off half the major chevy boards.
88^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #56
racer7088
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 1,134
Arrow Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danb View Post
i dont think i ment to tie the two together. I was under the impression that that is where he learned his wisdom from. if that is not the case then im sorry.. I guess the lies never stop lol
Dan,

Bret did not attend SAM and is not in any way affiliated with SAM either at all and never has been.
__________________
Erik Koenig

Horsepower-Research.com
racer7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #57
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 50,511
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer7088 View Post
Dan,

Bret did not attend SAM and is not in any way affiliated with SAM either at all and never has been.
This Erik?
http://www.samracing.com/
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #58
racer7088
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 1,134
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
Yep that's me!
__________________
Erik Koenig

Horsepower-Research.com
racer7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #59
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 50,511
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer7088 View Post
Yep that's me!
Well...........I'd guess you'd be the man to know if he attended or not, huh?
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #60
Biscayniac
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Biscayniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Land of The Free and The Home of The Brave
Posts: 1,227
Garage
Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

This idiot Bauer has been asked for his credentials or any proof that he has the experience or education that he claims for years now and guess what......nothing! Surprise, surprise.

I guess the one thing that gets me is why people go to this guy to design a cam when you can call a cam company/grinder direct and they can and will do it for you. I'm sure there are reasons, but I prefer going directly to the source. The machine shop I used to run back in the 80's-90's was a Comp dealer. When I needed a custom cam, I'd call and they'd deliver. Without the extra cost either.

Don't feel bad though guys. This guy has made a career out of conning people into thinking he knows what he is talking about and getting them to pay extra for little or nothing.

Bret Bauer.......truly a legend in his own mind!!
__________________
Just walk away...and there will be an end to the horror.

Cogito ergo sum. Vini, Vidi, Vici
Biscayniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 0%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.