Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Classifieds Feedback > Negative seller/buyer feedback

Negative seller/buyer feedback This section is designed to keep everyone informed on bad experiences when buying and selling parts.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #31
Danb
Pullin gears

Default Re: Bauer race engines beware!!!!!!!!

I guess Brett does not understand what Black mail is

It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #32
rss023
Smoked another BBC

Good for you, Danb, for sticking to your guns!
rss023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #33
Danb
Pullin gears

Thank you for the suport. people like this needs to understand they can't treat people like this and get away with it!

It's the guy cooking the burger that should get the credit, not the clown."
Danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #34
Mike Thompson
"Darkness"
Smoked Another SBC

Who is this person? I live 20 minutes away from this business and never heard about it.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #35
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
Who is this person? I live 20 minutes away from this business and never heard about it.
In the first post Mikey........"Brett Bauer from Bauer race engines"
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #36
Biscayniac
Smoked another BBC

Garage

This guy is a douche canoe! He got his ass booted off camaroZ28.com because he acted like an asshole and pissed off/ripped off the wrong people. As for the pic from the Engine Masters Challenge, that's the only time that they have been there as far as I'm aware. What a fucking rookie mistake leaving the oil pump stud nut loose. Every time anyone on camaroz28.com asked for any credentials or proof of his "education", he told them to fuck off. The punk has read too many car magazines and thinks he is an engine guru. Give me a fucking break!! Hey loser, do us all a favor and kill yourself.

Cogito ergo sum. Vini, Vidi, Vici
Biscayniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #37
Mike Thompson
"Darkness"
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
In the first post Mikey........"Brett Bauer from Bauer race engines"
LOL, Obviously. Not what I was getting at.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #38
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
LOL, Obviously. Not what I was getting at.
LOL..............So it was a rhetorical question?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #39
SStrokerAce
Smoked Another SBC

Dan BOARDMAN.... took some searching to find your name so I could give the police the name of the guy who I didn't even know I did business with.

Well I finally have time here this holiday weekend to deal with you for the LAST TIME, I don't come on YB to get in pissing contests with guys who act like little girls, and I come here to talk motors because I enjoy it.... so here is the other side of the story:

First off.... I'm not in Colorado, I'm in NY. Brett Bowers out of Fort Collins Colorado is a totally different guy, so if someone is pissed at him.... that ain't me.

Second off.... this deal between you and I is not about business. LET ME REPEAT THIS DEAL IS NOT ABOUT BUSINESS, IT'S ABOUT THE WAY YOU TALK AND TREAT PEOPLE, PEOPLE THAT I'M CLOSE TOO.

When I have to take calls from my suppliers and my family from and I quote "some asshole" calling them and "mother fucking" them up and down... we draw the fucking line. Thankfully I know the countySheriff and his 2nd in charge well so I had a little talk with them about harassing phone calls you made to my family. Try it again Mr. Boardman and you will be being picked up in a squad car by Arizona's finest.

This whole issue with you comes down to how you TREAT PEOPLE. I don't deal with grown men who act like a 10 year old girl who didn't get what she wanted for Christmas. I don't deal with people who harass my suppliers and who harass my family at home or at work. When a contact I have worked with for over 8 years calls me and says "Man this guy is a piece of work.", or when my MOTHER calls me and says there is a number from Arizona that has called her 4 times in a row, OR better yet when my old man tells me when I get back to the shop from lunch that a guy called him and acted like a complete asshole..... That's the fucking LINE you crossed. You found out quick how I deal with people who do that.... YOUR DAY GETS WORSE.

Your REFUND was being held from you so I could HELP the boys in your shop on the problem that most likely YOU caused. That's not my job, but I do shit like that to help my customers when they run into something they haven't seen. (First 3V cam job for you BTW.... rookie mistakes are common deals )

I gave you back your refund AFTER I was told your tuner had INTELECTUAL PROPERTY and wasn't going to share it and even informed them it was minus a $1.00 for every minute that I had to spend talking to your shop manager, my business contacts and my family about YOUR BEHAVIOR. That was almost 2 hours, 110 minutes to be exact. So your $410 refund was short $110 to cover my time and you were told you could have that if you sent out by e-mail 3 written apologies for how you treated people..... Apparently at this point your ego is too big for $110.

Third..... Let’s get down to the business side of this.

My relationship with the shop you FORMERLY owned started by being contacted by your shop manager, NOT YOU. Pretty sad that you know you are so bad with people you need someone else to deal with them for you. I'm glad you didn't mention the FIRST thing I did for Performance Solutions, a set of 4V cams for a Mach1 with D1 blower where you had to de-tune the car 60+rwhp to keep the bottom end together. That was the first thing I did for your FORMER shop Performance Solutions. I guess that deal made enough of an impression that you had the stones to call me and ask for a set of FREE $1200 4V cams for your Mod Turbo motor... I was a little put off by your attitude then on the phone, but knew you were a piece of work when you asked for that.

Next up was this 3V setup, where all I was told is that the customer wants cams for the car and all that is done to it is the tune, cam phaser delete and a set of cams/springs.... I got ZERO limits or wants/needs other than "we need a set of cams, like TOMORROW."

So being the total asshole that I am I bumped you up in line to make you happy, paid for them to be shipped out Next Day Air rather than the 2nd Day I charged for. Long story short... when I ask to see the tune, I get shit. When I ask if the cams were degreed in... I get shit. So as I told your shop manager... if you want the refund or any help, get me a copy of the tune and I will see if we can help you out. I don't tune, I'm not in your market, but I know people that have tuning down better than 99% of the rest of the country and when I ask them for some help I usually get it. My thinking was that the calibrations linked to the cam phaser were off in the ECU and its most likely pulling timing out which was causing your issues, not to mention lord knows where the cams are installed since you don't believe in a degree wheel. I can't go show you how to degree a camshaft, but I sure as shit can spend some of my time and money helping you with tuning issues to make sure that is not the issue. When a tuner says its "intellectual property" I know right then and there what kind of people I'm dealing with. If you don't write the code for the software, that’s' a complete cover up for not knowing what you are doing.... I've been around the bush a few times, dealt with a lot of shops and worked thru issues that were not my own. Either way... when MOST COMMON CAMS FOR THAT APPLICATION is: the FRP cams at 219/240, the Comp shelf pieces at 221/228 and the cams I sent you at 221/228.... I find it hard to believe that the cams themselves are so far off that they are the problem here. Your tuner and shop manager KNEW that I wanted to see the tune a month ago... and I wasn't doing any refunds until that happened. So blame them for the TIME... but I was willing to help THEM out with this deal since they act like grown adults.

Cam order #3 (Pushrod Turbo) was put in line with the rest of the deals I have to design because I had no due date for that... and I'm not screwing over a line up customers twice for the same shop who has done little business with me. Ain't going to happen.

Dan.... when my customers have problems, I help them out and get them covered be that a motor install that takes all night before a race or a set of LS7 castings that got stole from me and I got fucked on. Reason being is that these customers are GOOD PEOPLE and I need too help them out. But when some guy goes off on me half cocked acting like a complete asshole to the point where even guys that I compete against (Ed Curtis)who don't even like me call me up and tell me you are a total asshole.....
GUYS LIKE YOU CAN GO POUND SAND!

I've been around the block... guys like you are a dime a dozen and normally in a conversation I can weed them out pretty quick... I normally weed people out with the perception that I'm a total asshole. Apparently you figured that out all ready in life because you need a front man to talk to people for you... I will give you that this year you take my shitty customer award prize and it's only July!

If you’re a victim... look in the mirror because you cause your OWN problems. I don't feel any remorse for any person who acts like you do and treats people like you do.... in fact I actually feel bad for your old lady more than anyone, that is one brave sole you are married too for right now.

As I said, write those 3 apologizes and you will get $110 back... this ain't about the money, it's about having some values... and one of mine is you don't treat people around me like shit for free. I still doubt it will happen because, you are so clueless you don't even have an idea WHY you should apologize... which is evident by your post on here.

Have a nice day

Bret "Asshole" Bauer
Old 07-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #40
FASTFATBOY
SEENYOR MEMBER
Smoked Another SBC

Intellectual Property????????????? What happens when the guy does another mod and takes it to a different tuner? Is his tune "locked" in his PCM so no one else can get to it? Does the owner have to post bail to get his tune out?

Hey just askin'
Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #41
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY View Post
Intellectual Property????????????? What happens when the guy does another mod and takes it to a different tuner? Is his tune "locked" in his PCM so no one else can get to it? Does the owner have to post bail to get his tune out?

Hey just askin'
Yes in a way of speaking.......Since this is a Ford tuned on SCT Advantage 3.0, it is a locked tune. You can't pull it off a chip, flasher or computer and SCT will not crack an individual tuners tune. The flasher or the car itself is not locked.

Aside from all the "he said, she said" post by Dan and Brett, the one fact remains. The cams for the 3V did not lope at all at idle. This was one of the two requirements of the cams made by the owner and then expressed to Brett.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #42
FASTFATBOY
SEENYOR MEMBER
Smoked Another SBC

Seems like it would be very hard to make a overhead cam car like that "lope".
Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #43
Firemut
Smoked another BBC

This is an interesting thread. I took some time and searched SStokerAce on other forums. Seems he is banned on Hardcore LS1 also. I read quite a few posts from him. After knowing little about him, now I know quite a bit. All I can say is wow! He has quite a way of representing himself...

Best of luck to all.
Firemut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #44
FASTFATBOY
SEENYOR MEMBER
Smoked Another SBC

Well, at the risk of sounding like a nuthugger, Bret has been nothing but professional with me. I know you cant make everyone happy...believe me here as I was a service advisor in car dealers for years, so I have a little different view on things...I see alot more of the "pie" so to speak.

Bret is brash and to the point. There is always 3 sides to every story, your side...their side...and what ACTUALLY happened.

Problem is nowadays the customer takes no responsibility for their actions, whether it be lack of knowledge, installation error, mis-communication or whatever maybe the issue........ it is 99% of the time(in the customers eyes) the vendors fault.

Now I know a buddy of mine that got a cam from Bret that didnt work out, he has very good knowledge. But he relied, as all of us do, on a machine shop to set the heads up. So who knows what he got back to put on the car. But he's a smart dude.

But after all is said and done, if you are a business owner you SHOULD have good negotiating(customer handling)skills. Bret seems to do good until you flip his switch.

I dont think asking for the tune in the car was too much to ask, seeing as he was being blamed for the cars lack of performance. If you sell a guy a engine, ship it to him and it doesnt make the power or run the number...you start questioning his setup and tuning abilities...right? As you KNOW what the engine SHOULD do...right?

I just think two negatives met here....but didnt make a positive. But the guy who bought the cams went WAY out of bounds calling Brets home/parents etc....wtf is up with that. Thats WAY out of bounds.
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #45
Mach1Marauder
bye
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY View Post
Seems like it would be very hard to make a overhead cam car like that "lope".
Stick to your chevy stuff, because you obviously don't know modulars! LOL!