Oil Lines.. - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Turbo Charged - Precision Turbo & Engine

Old 08-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #16
stevieturbo
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Oil Lines..

Yep, at least with hose like that, you can easily check its condition.

I've heard of many reports of rubber/braided hose leaking fuel etc right from the middle of hoses. The rubber inside just turns to shit and leaks. At first I thought they meant at joints or something...but nope.
And they said that was with actual Aeroquip brand hose, some barely 2 years old.

There really are few downsides to teflon. It is a little more expensive, but also lighter and smaller diameter for any given size, which is often helpful. And most companies now offer it with a black covering or similar, so you dont have to tolerate the horrific stainless braid

What the f****
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #17
Topfun99
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Oil Lines..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
Yep, at least with hose like that, you can easily check its condition.

I've heard of many reports of rubber/braided hose leaking fuel etc right from the middle of hoses. The rubber inside just turns to shit and leaks. At first I thought they meant at joints or something...but nope.
And they said that was with actual Aeroquip brand hose, some barely 2 years old.

There really are few downsides to teflon. It is a little more expensive, but also lighter and smaller diameter for any given size, which is often helpful. And most companies now offer it with a black covering or similar, so you dont have to tolerate the horrific stainless braid
Here's another confirmation. Just in the last year I had 4 hoses leaks that were running E85. The last hose was a -12AN that was Aeroquip and was supposed to be compatible with E85. It started weeping right in the middle of a 12 ft length that ran from back of car to front. Not exposed to heat. It started leaking 5 months after I purchased it.

Took it out and looked closely at it. NOTHING was visibly wrong and the hose wasn't stiff. Replaced it with Teflon and will never look back.

Thanks to:

HALTECH (Elite 2500 plus REM)
TRZ MOTORSPORTS
REAL STREET PERFORMANCE
FB PERFORMANCE
PTC
M/T Tires
Kris Starnes Racing

EMAIL - [email protected]
Topfun99 is online now   Reply With Quote