;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Supercharged

Old 06-08-2019, 11:48 PM   #16
Ron Clevenger
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Intake air temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstahemi119 View Post
I am quite happy with the street manors,I was disappointed with my last trip to the track.The heat and humidity was high,the N/A guys were of 3 tenths and I couldn't get over 140 MPH when I should have cracked 150.
I'm going over to the garage and leak it down and do a compression test. Imight even take the springs off and see if they are going soft on me.........
I just have to think it was the weather as it has gone 146 MPH throught the tail pipes.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.tomchik...2759128164427/
Didn't mean to sound disrespectful, should have choose some different words. Those heads were designed for wide open throttle with 60 psi boost going through them. Glad there working for you have fun.
Steve Morris www.stevemorrisengines.com
Ron Clevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #17
short1
Spooled up

The math says that air density changes about 2% for every 10 degree F.
short1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #18
jstahemi119
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Clevenger View Post
Didn't mean to sound disrespectful, should have choose some different words. Those heads were designed for wide open throttle with 60 psi boost going through them. Glad there working for you have fun.
No problem Ron,I respect all that you say. The way I read your statement at the boost levels I am working with I'm not producing the velocity to benefit from the large ports.
These heads were sitting in my garage for over 20 years before I was urged to "bring them over".I had not used then due to the raised port thinking I would need new headers fabbed up. Joe was able to port the roof of the exhaust flange to match the top of the head port so we used them.They might not be the best but they are better than the stock virgin iron heads I had been using!
jstahemi119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:30 PM   #19
Rick!
Pullin gears

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by short1 View Post
The math says that air density changes about 2% for every 10 degree F.
This^^
Whether or not your time slips reflect your engine performance perfectly, higher intake air temps always lowers engine power, all else being held equal. You added 67% more boost but jacked up intake temps somewhere around +30F over the 6psi level at the same time which reduced the net power gain.

Hpwizard.com/engine-horsepower-calculator.html
Rick! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #20
jstahemi119
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick! View Post
This^^
Whether or not your time slips reflect your engine performance perfectly, higher intake air temps always lowers engine power, all else being held equal. You added 67% more boost but jacked up intake temps somewhere around +30F over the 6psi level at the same time which reduced the net power gain.

Hpwizard.com/engine-horsepower-calculator.html
Thanks guys for your input.Started pulling the engine out,,,SUM-TING-WONG
Old 07-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #21
jstahemi119
Spooled up

I did pull the engine,,,,,4 lifters going south and a broken inner valve spring.Took care of that and went to Chrysler Carlisle with a stop at South Mountain Dragway. Car went 6.3 in the heat,,,,not too shabby.
Now it's time to address the IAT and getting these temps down to 135* range.I have found my heap goes flat at anything over 150/160 *. I'm leaning towards nitrous over W/M. Anyone intercool with N2o???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #22
jstahemi119
Spooled up

After much thought I am gathering the parts to put 2 nitrous plates under the carbs.I figure 2 50 shots for 100 HP will lower the the manifold air temps by over 100*. Then more boost without the high manifold temps to get where I want go.
Has anyone else gone down this road??