If you are considering a new pick up - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Tech Questions - Monson Racing

Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #1
Larry Woodfin
Launchin

Default If you are considering a new pick up

Take a look and test drive the new Ram Dodge. They are impressive.

After a lifetime of GM products [and no complaints, GM has given me excellent service] I drove a Ram, then promptly when in the sales office and bought one.

After 1200 miles I am completely satisfied and consider it a quality product. Quite, smooth, refined.
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #2
Lablover
Burnout box

Gm guy here. 24000 miles needed cam and lifters! 2017 silverado 1500 6.2. 8speed transmission shifts crappy. Very disappointed. Trading it this spring. Haven't decided with who to go with.
Lablover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #3
CBMAMF5
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: If you are considering a new pick up

Ram has stepped up its game.
CBMAMF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #4
GKsGS400
YB Managing Editor
Smoked Another SBC

Go to any jobsite. All Dodge and Ford.
Posted via Mobile Device
GKsGS400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #5
KwikSS
Smoked Another SBC

11 Silverado 1500 ext cab. Both rear window regulators failed and likely had only been used less than 15 times in 7 years. I replaced both. Last night I accidentally pushed the passenger rear window button instead of the front window button. Down in the door went the window. Bad part is that it had begun drizzling as a storm was entering soCal for a couple days. It was 10pm and I thought "wtf?
I managed to get some duct tape stuck to the exposed 1/8th" edge of the top of the window and was able to get it fully closed. I duct taped the window to the outer door
and it appeared it would handle the weather. Got inside, hit the computer, found the part on autozone website, called them, asked them to look up my phone# and check if I bought that from them. Turns out I had and it has a lifetime warranty. So off to the parts house I went and bought it. I'll get the money back when I return the defective cheap
Chinese made POS regulator. I guess GM uses the Dorman shit as well as that's two that failed already. The truck only has 54k miles on it. It is highly unlikely I will ever buy another Chevrolet Truck again. FUCK YOU GM. My 54 year old Chevelle windows have never failed you cheap son's o bitch rip off Mofo's. And FUCK your third world Engineers too.
KwikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:51 AM   #6
lowriderglen
Spooled up

my 05 Dodge 5.9 has 559385 miles. Runs great no problems. Just normal wear and tear. First Dodge owned and will not go back to GM....
lowriderglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 08:17 AM   #7
Supe
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwikSS View Post
11 Silverado 1500 ext cab. Both rear window regulators failed and likely had only been used less than 15 times in 7 years. I replaced both. Last night I accidentally pushed the passenger rear window button instead of the front window button. Down in the door went the window. Bad part is that it had begun drizzling as a storm was entering soCal for a couple days. It was 10pm and I thought "wtf?
I managed to get some duct tape stuck to the exposed 1/8th" edge of the top of the window and was able to get it fully closed. I duct taped the window to the outer door
and it appeared it would handle the weather. Got inside, hit the computer, found the part on autozone website, called them, asked them to look up my phone# and check if I bought that from them. Turns out I had and it has a lifetime warranty. So off to the parts house I went and bought it. I'll get the money back when I return the defective cheap
Chinese made POS regulator. I guess GM uses the Dorman shit as well as that's two that failed already. The truck only has 54k miles on it. It is highly unlikely I will ever buy another Chevrolet Truck again. FUCK YOU GM. My 54 year old Chevelle windows have never failed you cheap son's o bitch rip off Mofo's. And FUCK your third world Engineers too.
LOL. I have an '04 Silverado standard cab work truck that has only 54k or so on it. I have replaced the driver's side window regulator 3 times and the passenger's side once already.
Supe is offline   Reply With Quote