Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Should diesel 4x4s be big tire or small tire?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  A.Delaney 
#1 ·
I wanted to get the masses opinion on this... We have some local guys crying lately, that the diesel 4x4 trucks should have to race in big tire since they are 4x4. This all started when a 7000lb 4x4 took 2nd place in an event at the track here in San Antonio, it really hurt some feelings...

My argument is, these trucks weigh over twice as much as these small tire cars, if you cant outrun a heavy ass diesel, you need to seriously re-evaluate your own "race car". Now we are seeing events that will not allow 4x4 as well...

I thinks its bs to outlaw 4x4 or make them run against much lighter, much more powerful, race cars with a true daily driver street truck.

#4 ·
Its outlaw racing. If you have to start making up BS rules its no longer outlaw.

I say let them run in small tire. One truck is not enough to change the rules. If a group of 4-5 of them start dominating then the conversation can start. Otherwise id tell the ones crying to figure out how to beat a damn diesel truck.

#6 ·
I agree, unfortunately it has already started turning against us. The No Prep that Ryan Martin and Mike Murrillo had in Edinburg would not allow 4x4s/Awd, and the "Big End" race here in San Antonio has done the same, they are making us run in big tire because a group is complaining, so the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

I dont think it is everyone in small tire, just a small percentage as usual, but diesel guys arent much for complaining on the internet, so there isnt much of a voice for us when the rules are being made.

#5 ·
we have some around here that are flat out fast. It is almost scary how fast a 7-8000 lb truck can go. They will definitely hurt your feelings if you think you have a fast car. A lot of these diesels are daily driven too.

4x4 7000 lbs. small tire 2750 lbs. seems fair to me.

#8 ·
Should have posted this in TOBT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.