Night Owls... - Page 5389 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #80821
The Manalishi
Banned...Four Times
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Night Owls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78buickregal View Post
So, in a clique of car owners known for being pretentious assholes, he is the biggest? Good for him.
Pretty much.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #80822
RDY4WAR
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow66 View Post
I couldn't care less about stock numbers personally. Keeping a car unmodifies and searching for hundredths is not my idea of fun, but I suppose I could see how it could be for some.
Bragging rights. Kinda like the Focus stock motor record I'm going after. There's some guys out there that swear up and down you need forged internals to go 11s... oh really??? Challenge accepted! lol
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #80823
The Manalishi
Banned...Four Times
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten5nova View Post
I can't even imagine what it's like to own a car like that, hell I've never driven a Corvette of any kind. Ridden in a couple, but certainly not mind blowing cars, a 65 and a 87. I would kill for a C6 of any model.
A good friend of mine has a C5 Zo6 that makes a bit over 600 on the motor and over 800 on the juice. Great guy. I wouldn't want the car, its useless as a drag race car. It is a ball on the open road though. For bragging rights its good but or time slips it sucks.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #80824
78buickregal
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
Bragging rights. Kinda like the Focus stock motor record I'm going after. There's some guys out there that swear up and down you need forged internals to go 11s... oh really??? Challenge accepted! lol
People kept telling me my stock 9-inch cast center would break if I tried to run 10s with it. I had 4.56s in that bitch and ran about 25 10.5 second passes before it blew apart on the starting line at Pacific Raceways.

Carbon Fiber goodies for your race car!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #80825
The Manalishi
Banned...Four Times
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I couldn't care less about stock numbers personally. Keeping a car unmodifies and searching for hundredths is not my idea of fun, but I suppose I could see how it could be for some.
I'd love to run in the NHRA stock classes with a Hemi car, it takes a lot of money though.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #80826
Slow66
Grade 8 Motorsports
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
The outside layer needs to be done in two pieces to keep it aesthetically pleasing. Then the middle layers are overlapped like you would expect.
Gotcha. Figured there was some kinda trick to it.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #80827
ten5nova
Beer me!!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
A good friend of mine has a C5 Zo6 that makes a bit over 600 on the motor and over 800 on the juice. Great guy. I wouldn't want the car, its useless as a drag race car. It is a ball on the open road though. For bragging rights its good but or time slips it sucks.
I know a guy that has an 03 Z06, headers, exhaust, and a 100 shot. Everyone says it's pretty nasty on spray, I've never ridden in it.

It takes a tremendous about of work to make the IRS hold up at the drag strip, and a transmission swap is almost manditory. Lots of glides and TH400's going into C5 & C6's these days. If I was looking for a car to turn into a drag car, I would not build a Vette. On the other hand I would love to have one to fuck around on the street with, average bolt ons, some drag radials, and party time!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #80828
Slow66
Grade 8 Motorsports
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
Yeah I hear ya. At one point I had the 3rd quickest 7m powered supra in the country, and I was gonna go and obliterate the record. I then looked at myself and figured who really gives a fuck about 7m supras except for that community? I dunno. Being a big fish in a small pond doesnt really do anything for me.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #80829
78buickregal
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Gotcha. Figured there was some kinda trick to it.
Yeah, the toughest part is making that seam look good. CF likes to fray on the ends when you cut it, so it can get tricky to make things look right.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:42 AM   #80830
Slow66
Grade 8 Motorsports
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Yeah, the toughest part is making that seam look good. CF likes to fray on the ends when you cut it, so it can get tricky to make things look right.
I bet it does. Glad to see you're getting things figured out.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #80831
The Manalishi
Banned...Four Times
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten5nova View Post
I know a guy that has an 03 Z06, headers, exhaust, and a 100 shot. Everyone says it's pretty nasty on spray, I've never ridden in it.

It takes a tremendous about of work to make the IRS hold up at the drag strip, and a transmission swap is almost manditory. Lots of glides and TH400's going into C5 & C6's these days. If I was looking for a car to turn into a drag car, I would not build a Vette. On the other hand I would love to have one to fuck around on the street with, average bolt ons, some drag radials, and party time!
His is still a manual but not the stock one, he has every piece known to man to make the IRS live. I don't think it would handle a good DR at the strip and live, long anyway. The car is nasty, no doubt. Drop that combo into a car set up for drag racing its an easy single digit car, in the Vette it might run single digits but it might hit the wall.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #80832
RDY4WAR
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
People kept telling me my stock 9-inch cast center would break if I tried to run 10s with it. I had 4.56s in that bitch and ran about 25 10.5 second passes before it blew apart on the starting line at Pacific Raceways.
I've already decided when my built motor is finished, I'm going to take the stock motor out to MIR, pour in 5 gallons of C16, advance the timing 4-5*, up the boost to 16-18psi, and just let it rip pass after pass until it blows. If it goes 11 flat then it'll one hell of a record and noone said you have to make the return road for a record to stand. lol

By the end of the year, there will be a battle out there of who will be the first to get a bone stock ZR1 in the 9s.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #80833
ten5nova
Beer me!!
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya. At one point I had the 3rd quickest 7m powered supra in the country, and I was gonna go and obliterate the record. I then looked at myself and figured who really gives a fuck about 7m supras except for that community? I dunno. Being a big fish in a small pond doesnt really do anything for me.
I don't care about stuff like that either, I am trying to see what I can get out of my mostly stock 5.3, but that's for my own amusement, not after any kind of record. Like I said, I would play with a stock ZR1 if I was rich, but I wouldn't make it my lifes work to be some sort of stock ET record god!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #80834
78buickregal
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I bet it does. Glad to see you're getting things figured out.
Yeah, thanks. It all just takes time and lots of patience and practice. Making molds takes forfuckingever.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #80835
13B-RX3
Smoked another BBC

Evening everyone!
Closed Thread