No Prep Kings S3 thread - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Grudge, No ET and No Prep Racing

Grudge, No ET and No Prep Racing Talk about Grudge and No ET racing. Trash talk is allowed. Use common sense when posting..

Old 05-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #16
Blown38
Launchin

Default Re: No Prep Kings S3 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr View Post
Basically it's a combination of things with TV ratings the primary concern as that's what pays the bills and allows this scale of production to even exist. That said there is NO scripting done for the actual racing. Chips are drawn and we line em up and race. Fans have their favorites but that changes with every outcome of every round. We(Evolution Racing...Giuseppe Gentile driving) had very little following for round one. By round five we were getting standing ovations from the paid in crowd. I run across a lot of haters and misinformation but there is underlying truth that many have no desire to hear.
Congrats! You guys were making some great passes! I was rootin for ya.
Blown38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #17
DougA
Smoked Another SBC

My wife and I were there sat.,glad we bought our tickets in advance,huge crowd,20k plus attendance. Most fun and enjoyable race we've ever been to,we're old farts,my wife is still talking about it. Just a well run event,all the way around.
Hope they come back to Budds Creek next year. Thinking about maybe sneaking out to Norwalk.
DougA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #18
DougA
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRT183 View Post
Let's discuss NPK S3. I am a moderator of the Reddit community /r/StreetOutlaws and we will have discussions there as well. I picked the Bruder Bros to win the points this year. MIR May 3-4, Epping May 24-25, Gateway June 14-15, Firebird Raceway July 12-13, Rt66 August 9-10, Bandimere September 6-7, Norwalk September 20-21, Palm Beach October 11-12, Ennis October 25-26
My wifes favorite is Vixen also,she's a Hemi Challenger owner. Pic of her with Rich Bruder,second pic of the Bruders loading a young fan into Vixen for picture op. Great guys!

Old 05-08-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
woodrow5.0
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougA View Post
My wife and I were there sat.,glad we bought our tickets in advance,huge crowd,20k plus attendance. Most fun and enjoyable race we've ever been to,we're old farts,my wife is still talking about it. Just a well run event,all the way around.
Hope they come back to Budds Creek next year. Thinking about maybe sneaking out to Norwalk.

Awesome. I actually remember your wife,yall walked by the pits when we were working on Kyes car getting it ready.Im glad you guys came out,i tell everybody that hates on the show to come see it live cause its a great time,im happy yall came out and saw it first hand and i hope we see you guys at another one in the future

Wade McGowan
Race Part Solutions
www.Racepartsolutions.com
Old 05-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #20
DougA
Smoked Another SBC

Thanks! This event was everything we expected,and then some. I don't know what any fan of door slamming drag racing could dislike about this. I love the fact of the crazy mix up combination of different cars,from Pinkies old Chevelle,Gen 1 Novas,Camaros,everything in between,all the way to the late model stuff,and everyone running a different combo,power adder,and heads-up! Guys,keep livin' the dream,whole lot of appreciative fans in this area. I think Kyes one of the best leavers in the business,huge fan of him,too.
Hats off to the crew at MDIR Budds Creek for handling the event.
And Good Luck!!!

Last edited by DougA; 05-08-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #21
Smirnoff
Color Me Gone'd
Smoked another BBC

Anyone but TV 2-buck trailer chuck & his wannabee 405 homies.......how many times can they change/manipulate the rules to benefit themselves, not invite valid racers, & then still LOSE!
Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #22
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Anyone but TV 2-buck trailer chuck & his wannabee 405 homies.......how many times can they change/manipulate the rules to benefit themselves, not invite valid racers, & then still LOSE!

Neither Chuck nor any other racers have anything to do with who gets invited. The producer of the show decides that and it's based on a number of things besides how fast the car is.
bobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #23
Boosted Bullet
Smoked another BBC

How will producers deal with the increasing number of cars being built for this series? The separate "class" full of heavy hitters racing for $5000 seems a bit lame, have heard pilgrim will have to choose who gets in to the big money show, I know it's a show first and foremost, but hate to watch the same 4 or 5 guys racing,
Boosted Bullet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #24
Mudtoy
Smoked another BBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Bullet View Post
How will producers deal with the increasing number of cars being built for this series? The separate "class" full of heavy hitters racing for $5000 seems a bit lame, have heard pilgrim will have to choose who gets in to the big money show, I know it's a show first and foremost, but hate to watch the same 4 or 5 guys racing,
^^^Yup!

We were hoping to race our way in (or try anyway) but there is a lot of uncertainty as to who, why, when and where right now. NPK is way to preferential.

Seems like a great opportunity for a new series that has less to do with overrated personalities and more to do with racing. Time for $omeone to give Pilgrim a run for their money...
Old 05-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #25
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudtoy View Post
^^^Yup!

We were hoping to race our way in (or try anyway) but there is a lot of uncertainty as to who, why, when and where right now. NPK is way to preferential.

Seems like a great opportunity for a new series that has less to do with overrated personalities and more to do with racing. Time for $omeone to give Pilgrim a run for their money...

There is a lot of drag racing in America with empty stands and little fan interest. The show is working exactly because of the "overrated" personalities. The question is how long it will remain hot enough to justify the large expense of producing it. Judging by the stands and spectator count at MIR it may be a while.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:56 AM   #26
Chpwags
Pullin gears

So there was two fields? 32 for the show and another? How many cars came for the second race? Is there a list of names of who attended anywhere?
Chpwags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:18 AM   #27
sjmarcy
Pre-Staged

Mike Murillo testing out in Fayetteville, NC 5-11-19. He did an extra test hit after the local racing, minutes before a downpour.

Last edited by sjmarcy; 05-12-2019 at 08:23 AM.
sjmarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:21 AM   #28
Smirnoff
Color Me Gone'd
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr View Post
Neither Chuck nor any other racers have anything to do with who gets invited. The producer of the show decides that and it's based on a number of things besides how fast the car is.
Wrong again.....was it also the producer that changed power-adder weight rules in favor of the 405 to slow-down the non-okie/dokie racers?
Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #29
sjmarcy
Pre-Staged

Video of Mike Murillo out doing car setup and promotion. This is from a private test. Car looks great and Mike and the gang are super friendly.

Last edited by sjmarcy; 05-12-2019 at 08:32 PM.
sjmarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #30
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Wrong again.....was it also the producer that changed power-adder weight rules in favor of the 405 to slow-down the non-okie/dokie racers?
Are you involved at all in anything other than discussion? How did adding weight to Ryan's combo help him? The top cars use twin turbo hemis or PLR 481X motors and they are the heaviest combos.