Sbf vs sbc - Page 18 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 04-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #256
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage
Default Re: Sbf vs sbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryFloored View Post
Thereís a reason that thereís something called an SB2. What do you all suppose it is?
There sure is.. the original SB1 head made for NASCAR got banned due to Ford crying about it.. don't believe me? Go look it up.. FACT!!

Monty Mikho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #257
griff101
iron head clevelands
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARYB69Z View Post
I hear ya..all in good fun,but if I was BLUEOVALRACER I would be scared!!

245" hard tail
cleveland
c-4
Phuckstick 1s pal Dylan
griff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:26 PM   #258
8URZ28
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Thereís a reason that thereís something called an SB2. What do you all suppose it is?
Chevys first ford motor for nascar

Originally Posted by toplesscuda
Dude....you really not be smart.

Originally Posted by 440Cuda
I love 8URZ28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wilson View Post
Ford heads are far superior to any Chevy head. No one comes close. There. I said it.
8URZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:37 PM   #259
Randy Wilson
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Ivíe actually been around a lot of SB2ís, and Iíll take a CFE 15 degree converted to 10 degree as a wedge head any day on 330Ē and smaller. I would think Allen Stanfieldís 8.42 run at 159 at 10.5 lbs. per cube, with a single 750 cfm Holley as an example. Letís see someone top that. And I think that happened at least 4 years ago in G/SM.
Randy Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #260
557SCJ
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Post up the proof of them carrying more per cube then the small block Chevy. Ford, Chevy, and Mopar can all run, but the Blue oval guys seem to get butthurt far easier. I used to wear a shirt that said, ďSpeed Kills, Play it Safe, Drive a Ford.Ē And oh my! They went into a mental state that I have never witnessed in my life. Mostly family members. Abought caused a civil war. Iíve seen all sorts of derogatory Chevy slogans, and I just laugh, and go on.

Drive what you like, and enjoy it, or change brands, is what my advice to anyone is. I was very competive with a 23 degree Chevy against all comers. But again, Glidden and Kaase never showed up. I understand their intelligence. And I respect it. But they were not there.
Exactly , you have no proof of the 429/460 getting a break. From what I found the Fe did , but thatís a different engine combo altogether. Iíve seen chevy guys butthurt , ford guys butthurt , and many Mopar fans butthurt. I would say the GM camp is the most up in arms about losing. Being completely honest. I bet you didnít wear that shirt to any NHRA events from around the 78-89 area, when gliddens Fords were putting nearly every rat in sight on the trailer Lol. I will put a factory style Yates head against any 23 degree head. It just plain works better.
557SCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #261
Randy Wilson
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 557SCJ View Post
Exactly , you have no proof of the 429/460 getting a break. From what I found the Fe did , but thatís a different engine combo altogether. Iíve seen chevy guys butthurt , ford guys butthurt , and many Mopar fans butthurt. I would say the GM camp is the most up in arms about losing. Being completely honest. I bet you didnít wear that shirt to any NHRA events from around the 78-89 area, when gliddens Fords were putting nearly every rat in sight on the trailer Lol. I will put a factory style Yates head against any 23 degree head. It just plain works better.
Thatís big of you. Putting a Yates head, which isnít stock Cleveland valve angle, against a 23 degree cylinder head. I actually wore that shirt from 83 to 84 everywhere I raced. Iím still alive also. You just proved my point, they take everything so personal. Thank you for making my point. Why donít you challenge me to a Cleveland head against a CFE 15 degree? I already know the answer, but lighten up Francis. I already explained why I won against better heads locally. I ainít that smart, they were just that much less smart. Hope that explains it. And I donít know if youíve noticed, but the sbc has won more races, more championships, and set more records then any other engine in dragracing. Iím not embarrassed by what I run. If you like what you run, run it, and be happy.

I also outran the Blue Thunder stuff, and SVO stuff just a short 4 yearís ago with, get this, the 30 year old Dart Buick. By, .3. But, again, Bob Glidden wasnít there. Didnít stop them from getting their feelings hurt though. Was either number 1 qualifier, or number 2 qualifier each weekend. The cars that qualified ahead of me were an SB-2 by .01 and a John Lingenfelter 15 degree by .06. Everyone else was in the way. Won one, runner upped at two. But, this argument will never end, so good luck.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #262
Randy Wilson
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8URZ28 View Post
Chevys first ford motor for nascar
Are we still arguing over whether Ford or Chevrolet first introduced the canted valve?
Old 04-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #263
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Are we still arguing over whether Ford or Chevrolet first introduced the canted valve?
Personally I can care less who was first.. I care who is better and the clear choice here is Chevrolet!!

Samsung didn't invent the TV but I will take it over an RCA.. Ford guys still watching RCA TV's while bragging how much better they are than Samsung...

Monty Mikho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #264
GARYB69Z
SHERIFF
Smoked another BBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mikho View Post
Personally I can care less who was first.. I care who is better and the clear choice here is Chevrolet!!

Samsung didn't invent the TV but I will take it over an RCA.. Ford guys still watching RCA TV's while bragging how much better they are than Samsung...
GARYB69Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #265
557SCJ
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Thatís big of you. Putting a Yates head, which isnít stock Cleveland valve angle, against a 23 degree cylinder head. I actually wore that shirt from 83 to 84 everywhere I raced. Iím still alive also. You just proved my point, they take everything so personal. Thank you for making my point. Why donít you challenge me to a Cleveland head against a CFE 15 degree? I already know the answer, but lighten up Francis. I already explained why I won against better heads locally. I ainít that smart, they were just that much less smart. Hope that explains it. And I donít know if youíve noticed, but the sbc has won more races, more championships, and set more records then any other engine in dragracing. Iím not embarrassed by what I run. If you like what you run, run it, and be happy.

I also outran the Blue Thunder stuff, and SVO stuff just a short 4 yearís ago with, get this, the 30 year old Dart Buick. By, .3. But, again, Bob Glidden wasnít there. Didnít stop them from getting their feelings hurt though. Was either number 1 qualifier, or number 2 qualifier each weekend. The cars that qualified ahead of me were an SB-2 by .01 and a John Lingenfelter 15 degree by .06. Everyone else was in the way. Won one, runner upped at two. But, this argument will never end, so good luck.
Not everyone can make a clev run, they are finicky. But when they do they do. Just ask Ernie Elliot. A port plated closed chamber motor is pretty much the pinnacle of factory iron small block heads. I canít think of anything better. As for sbc winning more races than any other , no argument there. Also McDonalds has sold more cheeseburgers than any other burger joint. Pretty understandable why when most of the time there is 40-50% more Chevroletís in any given race event , as well as the fact they made them for 500 years , and put them in every car imaginable, same as the rat, but unlike the Clev and 429/460.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:46 PM   #266
Randy Wilson
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 557SCJ View Post
Not everyone can make a clev run, they are finicky. But when they do they do. Just ask Ernie Elliot. A port plated closed chamber motor is pretty much the pinnacle of factory iron small block heads. I canít think of anything better. As for sbc winning more races than any other , no argument there. Also McDonalds has sold more cheeseburgers than any other burger joint. Pretty understandable why when most of the time there is 40-50% more Chevroletís in any given race event , as well as the fact they made them for 500 years , and put them in every car imaginable, same as the rat, but unlike the Clev and 429/460.
Ford heads are far superior to any Chevy head. No one comes close. There. I said it. Now letís drop it.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #267
557SCJ
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Ford heads are far superior to any Chevy head. No one comes close. There. I said it. Now letís drop it.
Factory castings I would agree with that. No need to get your panties in a wad. I nor anyone I know runs that old factory heavy iron junk anymore anyways. My heads have trick-flow A460 engraved on the front of them , not a blue oval Lol
Old 04-06-2018, 04:02 PM   #268
8URZ28
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
see, that wasnít so hard, was it??

I love 8URZ28.

Quote:
Ford heads are far superior to any Chevy head. No one comes close. There. I said it.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #269
8URZ28
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I thought you were gonna post the weight breaks?

I love 8URZ28.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2018, 04:07 PM   #270
Randy Wilson
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8URZ28 View Post
I thought you were gonna post the weight breaks?
Look em up. SBC 7 pounds per cube. Cleveland, 7.2 pounds per cube. Itís on google. It gives all the breaks through the years. Post the one you found in 81 that gives them a 200 pound break. Some had tremendous breaks. But right behind the Cleveland was the 1955 design of the SBC.