Who da man ? Jerry is. - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Racing on two wheels

Racing on two wheels Talk about motorcycles with censorship

Old 10-22-2019, 09:52 PM   #16
Eddie Krawiec
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Who da man ? Jerry is.

All this here say must be true since I'm reading it on the web............

First V&H didn't show up with a 4 Valve H-D engine and then get it approved. It was approved and then it was built.

Next I'm pretty sure you will never see a 4 valve head on a 160ci V-Twin again. I'm taking a stab at that guess but I feel NHRA wouldn't allow it. They do not want the class running any faster as it is. The plan they have and was asked by most of the suzuki riders is give them a cylinder head and add weight to the 4 cyl's as needed. They hope it will allow for bigger people to ride them and have weight to move around on it.

As for the 4 cylinder stuff.

Nitrodee must be onto something with his statements ........... I'm sorry I was meaning to say on something with the statements. Tell the Aussie keep working away on it.
We have been in talks and pushing for the last 2 years on the 4 valve head. It has been NHRA not open to it.

I will assure you all billet 4 valve head engines that come out of the V&H shop will have a V&H designed and manufactured cylinder head on it. Don't be surprised when it does surface for 2020.

Onto the final topic.

Great job to the WAR team. You guys are really on your game and running great with your V&H 2 Valve engine and making us proud.

See you at the races.

EK

4X NHRA PRO STOCK
MOTORCYCLE
"WORLD CHAMPION"

Follow my 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Build:
http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Projec...00-Camaro.html
Eddie Krawiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 11:47 PM   #17
nitrodee
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec View Post
All this here say must be true since I'm reading it on the web............

First V&H didn't show up with a 4 Valve H-D engine and then get it approved. It was approved and then it was built.

Next I'm pretty sure you will never see a 4 valve head on a 160ci V-Twin again. I'm taking a stab at that guess but I feel NHRA wouldn't allow it. They do not want the class running any faster as it is. The plan they have and was asked by most of the suzuki riders is give them a cylinder head and add weight to the 4 cyl's as needed. They hope it will allow for bigger people to ride them and have weight to move around on it.

As for the 4 cylinder stuff.

Nitrodee must be onto something with his statements ........... I'm sorry I was meaning to say on something with the statements. Tell the Aussie keep working away on it.
We have been in talks and pushing for the last 2 years on the 4 valve head. It has been NHRA not open to it.

I will assure you all billet 4 valve head engines that come out of the V&H shop will have a V&H designed and manufactured cylinder head on it. Don't be surprised when it does surface for 2020.

Onto the final topic.

Great job to the WAR team. You guys are really on your game and running great with your V&H 2 Valve engine and making us proud.

See you at the races.

EK
This is what you said previously when I raised the topic last time. Proves you're full of shit at times.

Itís a limited market and for someone to spend $500-$750k to design and development is hard to do. You never will sell enough to get back your investment so you have to be willing loose money on it or have a really long term plan. Itís a minimum of a 10 year payback for the investment. We have offered but NHRA is on this keeping cost down kick and that is where it stands as of now.

Rode one of them skinny tired bikes once,they're scary.Worst part is you're scared for a long time.(Elmer Trett on PSM )

ďThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.Ē
"Ernest Hemingway"

nitrodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:53 PM   #18
whittler74
Smoked Another SBC

So V&H 4-Valve Head has been Approved by Nhra ?

So who will build a Monstar Headed engine , Ward Performance, Star Racing, Steve Johnson ?

I have never meet a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn from him" Galileo
whittler74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #19
Eddie Krawiec
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodee View Post
This is what you said previously when I raised the topic last time. Proves you're full of shit at times.

Itís a limited market and for someone to spend $500-$750k to design and development is hard to do. You never will sell enough to get back your investment so you have to be willing loose money on it or have a really long term plan. Itís a minimum of a 10 year payback for the investment. We have offered but NHRA is on this keeping cost down kick and that is where it stands as of now.

4X NHRA PRO STOCK
MOTORCYCLE
"WORLD CHAMPION"

Follow my 25.3 Outlaw Drag Radial Build:
http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Projec...00-Camaro.html
Eddie Krawiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:42 PM   #20
nitrodee
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Krawiec View Post
That is exactly what I said based off development of a brand new billet engine. Not a cylinder head...... itís much easier to do just a head.
Because the topic of discussion was cylinder heads and you actually didn't mention anywhere about billet engine cases (package being the only reference) I took it (and possibly most others) as you were referring to the topic we were discussing which was cylinder heads. With todays software/3 d modelling / 3 d printing etc,yes it is easier to do a cylinder head

Rode one of them skinny tired bikes once,they're scary.Worst part is you're scared for a long time.(Elmer Trett on PSM )

ďThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.Ē
"Ernest Hemingway"

nitrodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #21
nhraformula00
Smoked another BBC

H.D does not need a 4-valve head. They need 2 more cylinders!!
nhraformula00 is offline   Reply With Quote