Possible return of drag racing at e town - Page 4 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Racing Organizations > Englishtown - Old Bridge Township Raceway Park

Englishtown - Old Bridge Township Raceway Park

Old 12-03-2018, 10:47 AM   #46
B.A.Carty
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Possible return of drag racing at e town

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax326 View Post
Yup.

Better question is, does anyone know how long Copart's lease is for? That would help weed thru some of the most recent rumors I've heard.
It's my understanding that copart purchased that part of the land. No lease. just bought it outright for a lot of money
B.A.Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #47
BHR388
Burnout box

welp this time last year is when it was announced that there will be no more drag racing soon we should be getting the schedule for 2019 and we will see if it there will be drag racing this year

latest rumor i got was from a guy saying he was close to the napp family he said that the nhra got a hold on any drag racing there till 2020 nhra are mad b/c they had scheduled the summer nationals for 2018 and they just abruptly announced they werent drag racing forcing nhra to find another track. he also said that the copart 15 year deal was scrapped b/c they couldnt get permits/residence complained again last minute said the sons got greedy last minute and both deals(renting the land or drag racing returning)got screwed

so the wait continues
BHR388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #48
MDracefan
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR388 View Post
welp this time last year is when it was announced that there will be no more drag racing soon we should be getting the schedule for 2019 and we will see if it there will be drag racing this year

latest rumor i got was from a guy saying he was close to the napp family he said that the nhra got a hold on any drag racing there till 2020 nhra are mad b/c they had scheduled the summer nationals for 2018 and they just abruptly announced they werent drag racing forcing nhra to find another track. he also said that the copart 15 year deal was scrapped b/c they couldnt get permits/residence complained again last minute said the sons got greedy last minute and both deals(renting the land or drag racing returning)got screwed

so the wait continues
Humm, What? OK.
MDracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:03 AM   #49
sgsst109e
Spooled up

Saw a pic of the track being ripped up. E Town in gone
sgsst109e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #50
1fastformula
Spooled up

Yeah saw that too. I was holding out a little glimpse of hope but now its really over.
1fastformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:24 PM   #51
BHR388
Burnout box

the pic thats has been floating around

https://thecapitalsportsreport.com/2...ion-dragstrip/

says that iaa is only a 3 yr deal though it was 15?

also heard that the tower will be coming down tomorrow will be heading myself there to get some pics and info to post in here as i did with my last post during the fall swap meet
Old 03-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #52
announcer guy
Pre-Staged

Not that I have a whole lot of hope for drag racing's imminent return to Englishtown, and I don't any knowledge of their future plans, but I do know this:
That photo from the above post is not the track being torn up. It is a section of the right hand lane wall being removed. Look closely, the racing surface is still there to the left. In addition, the tower is not coming down. The tower is where the R.P. business offices are now located.
announcer guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:36 PM   #53
BHR388
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by announcer guy View Post
Not that I have a whole lot of hope for drag racing's imminent return to Englishtown, and I don't any knowledge of their future plans, but I do know this:
That photo from the above post is not the track being torn up. It is a section of the right hand lane wall being removed. Look closely, the racing surface is still there to the left. In addition, the tower is not coming down. The tower is where the R.P. business offices are now located.
thanks for the info and input was there on sunday tower is still there and no other demolishing was taking place would like to keep the thread alive for other posters to post any more info even if its rumors on what is happening with the track
Old 04-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #54
BHR388
Burnout box

Old 04-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #55
BHR388
Burnout box

Old 04-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #56
BHR388
Burnout box

just came back from the swap meet track and tower still there but the tree and both walls from start till about 150 feet have been removed they are also planting grass where the wall used to be car show was still on track with barricade walls at finish line there are the same amount of salvaged cars on the airport side from last fall
Old 09-29-2019, 11:15 PM   #57
BHR388
Burnout box

back from the swap meet not looking good left side score board gone taken down right side still there.

they did alot of paving construction on both sides of track with the front pit/parking half gone its all sand now

the small house announcer thingy that was near 1/8 track and has been raised since the track was closed has now finally moved to the middle of the track it is fenced off

swap meet set up is different dont know if its b/c of the construction but its now half, up to the end of stands and where they sell food the rest is fenced off the airport side pit was very small area for vendors.

they put vendors in the grass/dirt/parking now close to the mx/drifting or where we would park for the swap meets so there there was now 3 sections for vendors but in total there was alot less imo id say the swap meet is about 50% smaller than it was in the last year or two
Old 09-29-2019, 11:19 PM   #58
BHR388
Burnout box

still about the same iaa cars parked on the air part side way back at the end of the track they looked like they are moved closer to track this time before they were closer to hangers

Last edited by BHR388; 09-29-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #59
larrydavis427
Smoked Another SBC

Bring Englishtown back. Please.
larrydavis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #60
jstahemi119
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by announcer guy View Post
Thanks for that!!! Hope all is well
jstahemi119 is offline   Reply With Quote