88 Mustang Notch Twin Turbo LS Build - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Build Threads > GM Builds

GM Builds Share all GM builds in this section.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #31
OEF14vette
Spooled up

Garage
Default Re: 88 Mustang Notch Twin Turbo LS Build

Its been a while since updating this, been extremely busy with work.. Havenot made a ton of progress but figured id share what little has happened.I ended up picking up a Southbend Model A 9 lathe for making small bushings andsuch. As well as tried my hand at designing, cutting, and fabbing my owncoilover brackets for the axle since I am using 3" tubes in my 8.8, I alsogot the floor pans cut open for the thru floor SFC so once their tacked in andI bend the #1 bar up it will start clipping right along now that I have sometime to actually focus on it.

OEF14vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #32
OEF14vette
Spooled up

Garage

Also jumped completely off the cliff in the engine department.. I scored a set of Gibtec Custom Billet pistons from a friend for dirt cheap that have 6 passes and dyno time on them for 4.125" boreX4.00" stroke so 427 Inch turbo engine it is. Figure ill pick a Dart LSnext block up and use Brodix BR7 LS7 style heads since that is what the pistons were made for. The pistons were swaped for higher compression since he switched to methanol. It will put me at 10.5-10.6:1 static so with E85 and meth injection I feel it will be in good shape. Pretty damn excited now though. Came with 2 brand new spare pistons just in case. The used slugs look brand new hardly any scuffing on the skirts at all and no marks or dings on the domes. The engine these came out of was Spec'd and built by Billy Briggs..

Old 01-10-2019, 02:37 PM   #33
Flatblack79v2
Pullin gears

Garage

Very nice! Keep the updates coming.

1979 "Credit Limit" Malibu
Instagram @buddies_garage
Youtube: Buddies Garage https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrk..._as=subscriber
My Thread:https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s....php?t=2551747
Flatblack79v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:30 AM   #34
NASTYLX492
Burnout box

Any updates
NASTYLX492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #35
OEF14vette
Spooled up

Garage

Nothing too crazy, lower torque boxes are in upper is tacked and starting to cut the factory tubs out to make room for the Wolfe Racecraft Large tubs. Lost all my pictures when my SD card shit the bed. I been pretty busy with side work, and remodeling the house. I picked a Plasma Table up so between that and doing some random tube work for cars I been busy with side jobs which is alright too just means more parts, right. I'll try snapping some progress pictures and get them thrown up here over the long weekend.