LSX454R N.A - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > LSX, Mod Motor and Gen III Hemi Tech

Old 09-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #16
WoundUp
Launchin

Default Re: LSX454R N.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMatter View Post
Eddy's LS R canted valve head is better. Higher port entry vs the Darts. For 850 and 454 cubes plain ls7's will get u there with some work... Minor!

Other heads discussed gives more wiggle room for larger hp gains, but @ a cost >$ VS the ls7's.
Have you ever built anything with either of those heads, Smokey B?
WoundUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2019, 12:15 AM   #17
DarkMatter
Pullin gears

Know of 3 guys who developed ports for the raw castings...all names you know of. Over Kill for 850 with a 454.
Forgiveness is between you/your engine and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting. Nobody could'a did that like you, man, Congratulations. Never cease to amaze me, it's just amazing. It's amazing how I tell you, for a brilliant motherfucker you plum dumb sometimes
Quote:
Jobs are for lazy people who donít want to invest in themselves. As it's not considered work doing what you love.
Project Fentanyl 408
DarkMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:20 AM   #18
DarkMatter
Pullin gears

...x2 post
Forgiveness is between you/your engine and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting. Nobody could'a did that like you, man, Congratulations. Never cease to amaze me, it's just amazing. It's amazing how I tell you, for a brilliant motherfucker you plum dumb sometimes
Quote:
Jobs are for lazy people who donít want to invest in themselves. As it's not considered work doing what you love.
Project Fentanyl 408

Last edited by DarkMatter; 09-16-2019 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:36 AM   #19
David Pelletier Racing
Burnout box

Quote:
STR8 is a C5r head with 6.300 long valves. Not a natural Ls7 head. If you were to look @ them get the small bore. Port is Huge even with the small bore. I'd guessing 3.1 to 3.2 csa for the small bore. I listed port size face of the str vs .......ls3,7, CHI Cleveland, and other heads....i'd get the STR8 head, custom rockers and valves not included...

the c5r are bare finish only ,, and i think they are discontinued like the DR heads ??
Old 09-16-2019, 06:41 AM   #20
David Pelletier Racing
Burnout box

Quote:
Eddy's LS R canted valve head is better. Higher port entry vs the Darts. For 850 and 454 cubes plain ls7's will get u there with some work... Minor!

Other heads discussed gives more wiggle room for larger hp gains, but @ a cost >$ VS the ls7's.
LS-R and Dart 10 look like AWESOME !!! but probably they cost much more than CID or C5R heads
Old 09-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #21
ROB
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pelletier Racing View Post
all right guys . i'm looking to build a 454 LSX carb setup on it N.A for my copo camaro i would like to make not less than 850hp so what heads to choose ?? BR7 BRODIX ?? MAST..?? ALLPRO ?? also i would like to fit the LSX-DR intake on it ... what is the best heads choice ??
The LSX-DR intake isn't very good......End runner trajectories are terrible & they don't run well upstairs. DR heads aren't very great either.

I made 860 HP (895 HP with inertia) with stock LS7 heads that were re-ported by Greg Good. Intake was an out of the box Holley Hi-Ram.
"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim."
Gustave Le Bon (1841-1931)
ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #22
DarkMatter
Pullin gears

Both heads are discontinued c5r and Lsx DR... conversation was the STR 8 heads. They run 1399.oo small bore to 1499.oo for the big bore. Any heads from any factory manufacturer will need further work to get the most out of them. CID intake with modded flanges would be best with the STR. Again over kill for 850, yet more room for improvement later if desired.
Quote:
Project Fentanyl 408

Last edited by DarkMatter; 09-16-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:56 AM   #23
DarkMatter
Pullin gears

Darin Morgan is now with Mast Motorsports, go Texas! Chris Frank has his stuff, GG has CID stuff. Don't forget Slick Rick.

Texas owns the LS world....let's not mention builders.
Quote:
Project Fentanyl 408

Last edited by DarkMatter; 09-19-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #24
93hatch
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundUp View Post
you know the answer to this
93hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:30 PM   #25
DarkMatter
Pullin gears

Your punk ass has always got some smart wise crack to say. You couldn't answer not 1 ? Listed. As you use junk used parts and really don't know anyone. Known Hater.
Quote:
Project Fentanyl 408
Old 09-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #26
GrannySShifting
Smoked another BBC

Your not asking much for 850 hp out of 454 inches, but theres alot more to it than just heads/cam. Need to get in touch with a quality engine builder and do the project top to bottom....
GrannySShifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #27
GrannySShifting
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundUp View Post
hes never built anything with any heads far as we can tell
Old 09-25-2019, 02:31 PM   #28
DarkMatter
Pullin gears

What some don't get is the fact that I have Shit done... FED Ls3 heads valve train copied from ER racing..of which lme couldn't get right with Cash and time over 6 months. Call to Greg done in 1 wks time. What else does a person need to know or the Fact that Darin did me a custom ls7....naw I don't touch the stuff just know the guys to Create shit. My 2 $ in the game.
Quote:
Project Fentanyl 408
Old 09-25-2019, 02:45 PM   #29
DarkMatter
Pullin gears

Ls3 top end Dyno'ed with SAM or Zach's(EMC winner) Dyno @ the new shop...shooting 4 next month ....as this needs to be Wrapped up, got a Ls7 head package to get to. Trending idea is to ask Eric/ ER to match it all up with TLC and set it up...

You do know he's a 2x winner @ the REC ✓✓✓
LMAO! Cry now, Laughing later now in effect
Quote:
Project Fentanyl 408
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2019, 06:19 PM   #30
GrannySShifting
Smoked another BBC

You make my head hurt dude. We dont care that you bought heads from someone that knows how to assemble an engine. What have YOU put together, turned the key on, and ran in the top of its comparable pile? I wish you would just post link to the engine builder you thought was the best and cut all the other non-sense out

You just regurgitate words heard from elsewhere and paste countless hyperlinks, its scary that people might actually listen to you.

You can tell this is Rowdy Yates version2 screen name by the rambling and grammar from a mile away

first post Feb 2017

Rowdys last post Dec 2016

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER: There are better ways to go than the LSX 454R its actually pretty lame for a motor that big with those heads.

If it were me, Id consider a sleeved 5.3 block, can do one 450-460 inches and make that or more power with factory style manifold on it even. If you wanted to run a good single plane or something like Hi-Ram etc could make good bit more