Yellow Bullet Forums banner

"BIG" fuel injectors (these may help some guys out)

8K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  LTLHOMER 
#1 ·
if there's anybody looking for a BIG injector, Moran Motorsports is releasing their own line of fully adjustable, billet injectors. They are available anywhere from 225 lbs/hr to 650 lbs/hr. With many years of R&D in this product, we have finally come up with a one of a kind design that allows us to deliver a great product of utmost quality. The best thing about these, are that they are compatible with just about every aftermarket injection system available. make sure to check out the write up in next months Hot Rod Magazine. thanks guys!

#2 ·
price ?

#4 ·
Whats recommended for a methenol BB combo? 16 225s or 8 of the higher 1s? OR are they adjustable from 225 to 650? so you only need 8?

#6 ·
Whats recommended for a methenol BB combo? 16 225s or 8 of the higher 1s? OR are they adjustable from 225 to 650? so you only need 8?

well if they are adjustable u would only need 8 if u were thinking of 16

u would just adjust all 8 of them to run at 450 lbs/hr- that would still leave u 200 pound spare per injector

also when are the injectors coming out- next couple of months-

any pics-

#8 ·
YA and how do you go about buying them WEBsite? I think my order isnt coming for the 212s so I may need some!!

pm 2fastturbos has he might know more since he knows that they are coming out- maybe he can take your order-

#13 ·
If this is the dealer I think your talking about;) there is a VERY limited supply. sent you a pm

#28 ·
How are you guys gettin those 212's ?? That is without getting 5-10 yrs. ???
what are you talking about? pm me if you don't want to respond in here

#18 ·
I don't know about these injectors but Steve Morris has been using those 550Lb injectors with great success and made 1900 HP with a single injector per hole on methanol. I found these on this web site a while back www.micksperformance.com, it also says there will be an 850 Lb/hr injector. Have you guys ran Mike's injectors on anything, dyno, Mike's car, anything??? I was in Las Vegas and noticed there were multiple injectors per runner on Mike's car, any reason why he is not running them? or if he is why he does not have them turned up to full potential???? I am torn between the price of your injectors (unless I have to run more than one per hole then the others are cheaper) or the already proven reliability of the others. A few hundred dollars isnt chit compared to burning down a $60,000.00+ Engine. I need injectors soon and I would really like to try 1 per hole, please help. Thanks

#20 ·
one thing to watch out for with that other injector, is the fact that that they have a 7 amp draw. As far as i know, the only injection system that can drive them is that MFI. I don't think they are compatible with a FAST or a BS3. If anybody knows different, please chime in.

To answer your other questions, YES...we have run these injectors A LOT. We have 4-5 years of R&D into them. We wanted to make sure that we delivered a product of utmost quality to the marketplace, and i believe we succeeded. thanks

#19 ·
From what I understand, Mike has been running these injectors for about 3-4 years now. He only had a couple sets made for him and some customers, but with the need for the larger stuff becoming more of an issue he made the decision to make them available to the general public. Hope this is correct and Adam or 2fast will correct me if i am wrong.

#29 ·
The reason they run so many injectors on morans car is because that thing needs a ton of fuel to make the sick power it does . methanol takes on average 2.4 times more than gas and moran makes 5 times more power than normal people .

#39 ·
Good news is that those 650lb/hr injectors he's talking about are about 4X the size of the 160's and most of the big boys (moran aside) are getting along pretty damn well with just 3 sets of 160's so they should be plenty for the rest of us mere mortals and won't require the extra effort and expense of setting the motor and EFI system up for 16 or 24 injectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.