Yellow Bullet Forums banner

#1 and 2 plugs have no burn

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Relentless 
#1 ·
i have a couple of ideas,i just want too throw this out there.sb ford.425 ci.BS3.two sets of 160's.alcohol and 94mm.#1 and 2 plugs are showing little too no burn on them.do you guys have any ideas?

#3 ·
What do the rest of the plugs look like ?

You could take out 10% on the individual fuel table and see if you get some color.
rest of the plugs are showing 70% burn.now take into fact that i had this head off to fix a leaking head stud between this two holes.iam pretty sure they were not doing this before this fix.we have been pulling fuel away like crazy this past weekend and those two have been showing this result.another thing is that the injectors are at 99.6% DC at end of the run.by taking fuel out that time as shortened alittle.could be its till fat.

#4 ·
maybe injector is hung open so its not responding to taking fuel out. remove the injectors replace filter in the top. i run alky too and change injector screens every 25 to 30 passes. it can be dirty fuel and should be changed if the car sits for a while. just my 02.

#7 ·
Hi guys. Holp I don't piss off anyone here by asking some more questions here but here goes.

I am new to this alcohol stuff my self and woundering how long you all let the car set with the fuel in it. 2nd how do you flush the system out if putting it up for a while. 3rd where to get the screen's for the injectors.

Thanks Brandon.FordRules:

#10 ·
Hi guys. Holp I don't piss off anyone here by asking some more questions here but here goes.

I am new to this alcohol stuff my self and woundering how long you all let the car set with the fuel in it. 2nd how do you flush the system out if putting it up for a while. 3rd where to get the screen's for the injectors.

Thanks Brandon.FordRules:[/quote ]
brandon, i get mine from wayne young at young`s performance in alabama. he and alan dudly used to be partners, alan the guy behind the methanol fuel injection,[ mfi]. screens at last buy were about 1.25 a piece. o-rings can be bought at young`s as well or the local auto parts. as for the caps on the bottom of the injector, alky causes them to swell and drop off. that`s right blown right out the motor, so don`t bother with them. just put the o-ring on the bottom. if you can`t find wayne Pm me. if you want alan try high performance controls. sorry i didn`t give the link.

#12 ·
im having some what of the same trouble number 8 plug has little to no burn good leak down good cranking compression swapped injectors ohmd the plug wires this is on a 610cu big block chevy big duke heads twin 88s big stuff also have checked voltage at injector seems normal to other injectors any ideas thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.