Summer Bracket Bonanza - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Racing Organizations > Englishtown - Old Bridge Township Raceway Park

Englishtown - Old Bridge Township Raceway Park

Old 06-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
Whiteboy Mike
Spooled up

Default Summer Bracket Bonanza

First, congrats to both winners.

To everybody that didn't show up, what was the excuse? We had 59 cars first round in pro for a $2500 race.. At $80 to enter to win $2500..
Double to triple what pro would usually pay, correct for $20 more to enter?

What's your excuse? I was out first round, but at least I showed up. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence in yourself to win or being scared, but seriously for the payout, there was no excuse to not come, especially if you live in NJ.
Whiteboy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #2
Ten5TireRacer
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Summer Bracket Bonanza

That's really sad. There was a time they would get more cars than that for a trophy class on a Saturday.
I guess people are still shying away because of so many years of let downs, and bullshit given to them by the track between cut purses, and being treated like second class citizens. Seems like every other track posts a schedule or event and sticks to it, but here they can advertise something and if a group show up to the gate and want time trials, or something else they ignore their own schedule and take the money.
I remember for years the printed schedule for the final points day stated "Registered Points racers Only", but there was every car imaginable in the lanes. Why advertise that, but then not let the people who spent their money there week after week to support the track, and represent them at the Bracket Finals a fair shot with that group?
I understand it's a business, but businesses usually provide perks to their regular customers. That's something the current upper management doesn't understand because they were born into their positions, they didn't work towards them.
Ten5TireRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #3
projoe87
Smoked Another SBC

I ran ProET at Etown for first time in long time, on Saturday, I usually run at Atco just because of work schedule etc, They kept things moving and a good # of cars glad to see, Was eliminated 2nd round. I agree about the years of let downs etc. But glad to see they are on right track again.
projoe87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 11:01 PM   #4
Mike Beck
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
Smoked Another SBC

Track prep has been key and John Hedenberg has been on top of that for the last few years.
Mike Beck is offline   Reply With Quote