Yellow Bullet Forums banner

"On Track - Upcoming Automotive and Nostalgia Events Section"

30K views 119 replies 28 participants last post by  FRANKTHECRANK 
#1 ·
I'm starting this thread so that people can post and keep track of what's going on in the Nostalgia Drag Racing world.

So, if anyone knows of an event or show, post it up!

If you're looking for a place to go, check over here!

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: On Track - Events Section

Byron Dragway is hosting the Meltdown Drags ...July 14-16 2017 ...The Meltdown website says that registration is full already .....

I was contemplating going this year and entering the pin-up contest as well as the back up girl contest but, ain't gonna happen.
Maybe next year, since I'll be closer once I move to Michigan.

Just posting a pic to go with Larry84GT's post since I know pics are helpful in remembering stuff :)

#5 ·

Feb. 5th - Super Bowl day but you'll be home in time for kick-off.

This is usually a pretty good one and a good size too for an indoor event. Vendor space is SOLD OUT!

Sorry about the size of the pic but it was all I could find.

#8 ·

Not car, but our annual Frost Park Vintage Motorcycle Show is on Saturday the 28th, lots of old iron their in the show, for sale area, and swap meet. I am not riding in this year as I am selling one but people from out of State even show up, big show. You can click on the link and see what has happened in past years.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=frost+park+motorcycle+show

It is just east of US1 and west of the Dania canal, nice venue, they block of a whole street just to park the bikes for spectators and still have spill over parking at the Jai Lai next door. Anyone need help you are welcome to call me at 305-310-3866.

Hope to see you there if you can make it. Dave

#9 ·

Is this for any nostalgia event,...or just drag racing related? The title lead me to believe it might be just for on track events, and your first post mentions "keep track of what's going on in the Nostalgia Drag Racing world",..........but then you posted the Snow Buster swap meet flyer.

Doesn't matter to me, just don't want anyone to "not" post something thinking it doesn't belong. :(

I'll make it a sticky if you guys would want, but LAD, would you want me to tweak the title first? ;)

#10 ·

Is this for any nostalgia event,...or just drag racing related? The title lead me to believe it might be just for on track events, and your first post mentions "keep track of what's going on in the Nostalgia Drag Racing world",..........but then you posted the Snow Buster swap meet flyer.

Doesn't matter to me, just don't want anyone to "not" post something thinking it doesn't belong. :(

I'll make it a sticky if you guys would want, but LAD, would you want me to tweak the title first? ;)
Hmmmmm........ I didn't think about that. I was all caught up in this whole nostalgia thing, LOL!

I'll fix my post later but you could make it a sticky if you want. Probably a good idea anyway.

Maybe adjust the title to "On Track - Upcoming Automotive and Nostalgia Events Section". :smt102

#13 ·
The NDRL (Nostalgia Drag Racing League) has races scheduled in the midwest through the summer, they run 7.00, 7.50, an indexed bracket for open wheel cars, an indexed bracket for door cars, very good group to race with or watch.

#18 ·

Re: The Planning 'Has" begun
by DINO » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:05 pm
Tentative Update ...On Special 'Features" in the Works. Looks Like We'll Have a rematch of TIME BOMB & Wild & Crazy...those guys really put out and can't wait to return...Time bomb crew might be going the Nitro route with a new look...Body & Paint. Add to that more Funny car action,I'm working on. But The calls are coming in for a few 'New" fun things. I have secured a 'point man' to gather up a group of real altered wheelbase A/FX cars for 60's style match race.Add to that BLOWN GASSERS in heads up Matches.AND we have a request to run a 409 GROUP!... only 409s - dragsters -altereds & door cars. ....'she's real fine" .Still Kicking around The "KING OF THE HILL" Elim. on Sat.Like to Have previous Years Winners Return To Run It,each year ...They'll get Free Entry to show.I'll be contacting them all direct. That will free up end of day eliminations.Previuosly ,we had to wait & wait for the winners to cool down and get back in lanes. ALL other features remain intact....Drag Alley-Dover Originals and the Car Show.'Don't fix it if it ain't broke.The Newly added at last minute(Due to Breakage) '"EXTREME ALTERED MELTDOWN, will again Feature The N.Y. Earthshaker ,with 3 other Roadsters & Coupesin heads up matchs..."old Skool Style" cars only.Wayne has done such a remarkable job coordinating the Eliminators on Sunday for now 6 years....I'm gonna again let him do his thing. Howie to stock the concession stand better.Quick recap...Car entrys over 600 (From about 400-last year)...Gate admission up 37%....Car Show entries up 30%. Record figures,I'm planning break again.Sponsor Support a must to finaince it all...I always havecto thank all who volunteer to get this done...If ya want to help in any way ...Give me a calll....Oh ...SAT> NIGHT Flashback Party RETURNS ! with the HOT ROD BAND....get a date !

#20 ·

#23 ·
EMPIRE DRAGWAY

OPENING DAY

SWAP MEET

4/22/17

#48 ·
This has been

POSTPONED

Due to the area getting over 2 inches of rain this past week, opening day and swap meet will be next weekend the 29th and 30th.

#30 ·
Sterling, MA is about 1 hr max from Providence RI. I have done it in 45 min with no traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.