Bought this junk camaro. I'm really stupid - Page 50 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Build Threads > GM Builds

GM Builds Share all GM builds in this section.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #736
Horndog
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Bought this junk camaro. I'm really stupid

Looks really damn good !!!

" ...oh no, what the fuck was that?
...the motor ... we've thrown a rod.
...is that serious?
...yup."

I really don't know which is worse ..... all of DOTARD's lies all the time, or all the trumphumpers lapping them up with not even giving them a critical thought
Horndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #737
slowestrr
Pullin gears

Dang, thanks guys for all the positive vibes. I'm really excited. Finally seems like we are within a few months of firing and actually using this damn thing. You would think I'd keep it forever after how long it took to build, but I dont get attached to much. For the right money I'd sell it after 1 pass!

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh....php?t=1012730
slowestrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #738
Rebird
Smoked another BBC

That is great news on the build..... and ditto on getting attached, lol!
Rebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #739
3 window
Smoked another BBC

Damn that thing’s awesome.
3 window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:45 AM   #740
ryan350
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowestrr View Post
Dang, thanks guys for all the positive vibes. I'm really excited. Finally seems like we are within a few months of firing and actually using this damn thing. You would think I'd keep it forever after how long it took to build, but I dont get attached to much. For the right money I'd sell it after 1 pass!
Car is fantastic but must ask and may have already been mentioned earlier but too me it seems the first chassis shop done a fantastic job, what was the reason for taking it too another shop to be finished? Work from both shops looks great! Good luck with the end result
ryan350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:08 PM   #741
slowestrr
Pullin gears

Thanks boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan350 View Post
Car is fantastic but must ask and may have already been mentioned earlier but too me it seems the first chassis shop done a fantastic job, what was the reason for taking it too another shop to be finished? Work from both shops looks great! Good luck with the end result
Ryan, good question. When the car finally got down on the ground and was a bare roller. I was tapped out money wise. I was kinda burnt out on the whole deal. Joe from Racemasters (the first shop that did chassis and hung body) is a excellent fabricator. Also his son Nick and his other employee Brandon who are in their mid 20s I'd say, are also bad ass fabricators. They can build anything and it will be killer. That being said, Joe is an old school blower/carb guy. And my feeling was, although I know they could handle building headers and mounting turbos etc. I felt it was in the cars and my best interest to have somebody with the most knowledge possible to handle the turbo/efi set up. I actually saw Eddie Kraewics *spelling* build thread on here and he had DMC build his car and it was insanely beautiful. That's when I began talking with Dennis and also setting money aside lol. Joe builds more street car style cars and Dennis builds full on 3 second 1/8 mile monsters. So when we merged those 2, I think I'm getting an incredible outcome. I also figured it would be more cost efficient to have DMC finish it up, being that this is what they do. Joe could do it, but he may have to make some phone calls and ask a lot of questions to get the same result. And the time he spent mocking up/trial and error, could be better spent on other areas. On top of that, Dennis is in contact with the best minds in the business on a weekly basis. Anything I need he knows who to call and can have it handled in a matter of minutes. There are definitely some things I would like to have done differently, maybe next time around!

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh....php?t=1012730
slowestrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2019, 06:13 AM   #742
ryan350
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowestrr View Post
Thanks boys!

Ryan, good question. When the car finally got down on the ground and was a bare roller. I was tapped out money wise. I was kinda burnt out on the whole deal. Joe from Racemasters (the first shop that did chassis and hung body) is a excellent fabricator. Also his son Nick and his other employee Brandon who are in their mid 20s I'd say, are also bad ass fabricators. They can build anything and it will be killer. That being said, Joe is an old school blower/carb guy. And my feeling was, although I know they could handle building headers and mounting turbos etc. I felt it was in the cars and my best interest to have somebody with the most knowledge possible to handle the turbo/efi set up. I actually saw Eddie Kraewics *spelling* build thread on here and he had DMC build his car and it was insanely beautiful. That's when I began talking with Dennis and also setting money aside lol. Joe builds more street car style cars and Dennis builds full on 3 second 1/8 mile monsters. So when we merged those 2, I think I'm getting an incredible outcome. I also figured it would be more cost efficient to have DMC finish it up, being that this is what they do. Joe could do it, but he may have to make some phone calls and ask a lot of questions to get the same result. And the time he spent mocking up/trial and error, could be better spent on other areas. On top of that, Dennis is in contact with the best minds in the business on a weekly basis. Anything I need he knows who to call and can have it handled in a matter of minutes. There are definitely some things I would like to have done differently, maybe next time around!

Thanks for the reply!either way your on to a winner mate , canít wait to see the build in itís finishing stages!!
ryan350 is offline   Reply With Quote