Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Chris Frank F series Ls7 heads Stomps other castings.

19K views 77 replies 21 participants last post by  DarkMatter 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Roughed it into pipemax just for fun.

443.343 Cubic Inches @ 7200 RPM with 122.00 % Volumetric Efficiency PerCent

Required Intake Flow between 377.9 CFM and 401.0 CFM at 28 Inches
Required Exhaust Flow between 269.9 CFM and 300.6 CFM at 28 Inches

600 RPM/Sec Dyno Test Lowest Low Average Best
Peak HorsePower 884.7 921.1 939.2 957.4
Peak Torque Lbs-Ft 705.5 734.6 749.1 763.6

HorsePower per CID 1.995 2.078 2.119 2.160
Torque per Cubic Inch 1.591 1.657 1.690 1.722

BMEP in psi 240.0 249.9 254.8 259.7
Carb CFM at 1.5 in Hg. 1127 1254 1317 1381

Target EGT= 1097 degrees F at end of 4 second 600 RPM/Sec Dyno accel. test
Octane (R+M)/2 Method = 116.4 to 115.0 Octane required range
Air Standard Efficiency = 66.69519 % for 15.000:1 Compression Ratio

#8 ·
Just because the pic shows 2 different intakes on 2 engines doesn't mean they didn't test them with the same intake in the dyno room. :smt102

Its not rocket science were talking about. It just takes a little logical thinking.

#17 ·
Scott.
Some of us are just more observant than others I guess. Its obvious that the engines all had different intakes as well as other parts.

I posted about the engine with the Greg Good developed heads on Facebook about a week ago. It was Baldwin Racing's intention to test all engines with the same cam, but the pistons for my heads did not have a deep enough exhaust valve pocket so they settled on using a spare untested cam they had in the shop. The cam was 10 degrees smaller in the intake and also double digits smaller on the exhaust with .730" odd lift vs the higher mid .700" + lift from the bigger cam. The engine with the CID heads was a wet sump (customer request) and the engine tested prior was a dry sump. Same fuel, carb and compression.

The FED engine was tested after the CID headed engine. It had the bigger cam that the earlier engine test had, and was also a dry sump. I'm told the dry sump on these builds pull a vacuum, but they don't monitor it on the dyno. The FED engine made the power it did with a customer supplied carb that had bigger throttle bores than the carb used on the CID engine and earlier engine. Not massive, but bigger and it was worth a significant gain in HP and TQ (read 30HP). None of the other engines were tested with the same carb as the FED engine.

About a year ago a Mast headed engine with a CID 5.0 intake was tested that made slightly more TQ than the FED engine (764 FT/LB + 936HP) with the same cam, but it was on methanol and was also dry sump.

An Apples to Apples comparison these were not, because of the parts available and the customers individual engine build requests.

Anyone that suggests any different, does not have all the facts.

#15 ·
Teacher said there Dyno numbers are bogus. When I get the chance I'll get on FB and send a PM asking about some of the BS numbers seen. Still love the features of Chris's ls7 heads nothing out here is better on paper. Damn fake news Dyno.

#19 ·
Best features available....4 a Ls7 head compare them. 1st) valve length and angle.
https://frankensteined.net/shop/f710/

All the shit sounds like fucken Fake News with Baldwin. The fucken BMEP 4 the TQ doesn't add up. Besides that the true story is now told about the builds.

Damn is Anyone Honest? And the MF'er has some good shit to work with.

#20 · (Edited)
Baldwin has been an open and honest shop. They did not in any way misrepresent the builds. They just shared results. Nowhere was it mentioned that the builds were identical. If one can't tell from something as simple as looking at the supplied pictures that the builds used were not the same, then maybe they shouldn't be casting aspersions on others and or products, let alone giving technical advice.

#21 · (Edited)
That's besides the point it was shown and interpreted as they Were all basically the Same. I read what was posted on ls1Sales, then went to Facebook. I'll give you the intake's with the pics. but the Same Size: cam,compression & cubic inches was basically referred. Go to FB read it. Who compares builds and doesn't Say that it has different cams? Leave the reader to assume there all basically the same besides the intakes which is clearly seen. As it stated what was similar....assuming everything was a fair fight.

Besides that what the fucks up with his BS dyno. The shit don't add up no way around it.
BMEP is not of this planet.

#22 ·
Don't worry i sent a PM on FB asking about the numbers & what dyno was used. Dyno sheet please!

I know and like G.Good and have Chris Frank ported heads. Fair is Fair and Bullshit is Bullshit.

#24 ·
Teacher said the shit don't compute. All else is a wash.

#29 ·
SDPC took the 454lsx Dr and made 800+ as is.

#32 ·
I walked into Willy's in the late 90's and seen they had a HD bike strapped to the rollers with no one around so I went into the office and tried to talk to someone about strapping my car to the rollers and was told some story, that I don't remember, that they couldn't, they didn't ask what I had, who I was, or nothing just brushed me off so I went on my way, lol. I always thought their stuff was over priced and never tried to buy anything from them, I'm sure they didn't miss my little bit of money, lol.

Schoenfeld is on the way to Willy's I would stop there and not waste my time traveling to Mt. Carmel Ill.

#36 ·
Those engines didn't make 1.63 and 1.72/in torque.

#39 ·
Maybe? :rolleyes:

Stan

Engine_Size_=__441.2329_ci

Dyno_Barometric_Pressure_=_29.92_-_Dyno_Vapor_Pressure_=_0.0_-_Dyno_Air_Temperature_=_60.0

_________________________________Fuel___________UnCorr__UnCorr_UnCorr_Correct___A/F
__RPM___Horse__Torque___BMEP____lb/hr_____BSFC______HP__Torque___BMEP__Factor__Ratio____SCFM____VE%
_7200___952.0___694.4__237.3___378.90____.3980___952.0___694.4__237.3__1.0000__13.00__1075.5__117.0

#45 · (Edited)
Couldn't be said any better, Scott post #40

CID & FED set it up on a real dyno, leaves no doubts about Anything.

#48 · (Edited)
Too busy, city to city. Thanks for the offer.

Known Chris Frank since he basically started, ported my ls3 heads.

John I know of you also....and the BES build and heads done by G.G. > Facebook follower when I got time.

We need common ground and a good short block. Wish my 408 were bigger to test either @ SAM.

I like both products but would like to see a fight between heads and porters. Know and love both porters. But we don't make stuff to be friendly to competitors. Real talk. There's only two things to do- Dyno it, or ET it.

I want a blank Mast c5r head myself. Skip the ls7 heads I've done those already small bore by Darin Morgan. LMAO.

You guys need to get it on and have a good time afterwards. Just friendly Competition that's what it's All about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.