Nostalgia Pro Mod !!!!!! - Page 6 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 AM   #76
VegaEddie
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Nostalgia Pro Mod !!!!!!

https://www.nostalgiapromod.com/promodrules
VegaEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 10:02 AM   #77
Cooder2
aka old_shoe
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

The NDRL and the Gasser groups are getting to be my fav's. I hope this catches on, I liked Pro Mod when Cad station wagons were competitive

Old 08-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #78
douglas
Smoked Another SBC

Rules seem ok to me. Glad to see the torque converters/automatics gone, simply because they weren't ran back then. Hope I'm surprised, but I doubt the nitrous cars will be competitive. 5.0" borespacing limit is fine, but limiting them to only 3 nitrous systems kinda' seems like overkill.
douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:57 AM   #79
Jp outlaw
I kill parts
Smoked Another SBC

Three systems is more than enough with today's nitrous tech. Guys are getting it done with 1 or 2.

I'm 50/50 on the autos. They weren't nearly as common back then, but they did exist within the class and it likely will limit participation some today. They idea of keeping it no lock-up, no planetary converters, and a pedal activated t-brake button keeps it interesting. - If that has an advantage over the clutch, then the clutch needs to be put out to pasture.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #80
Dan Ferguson
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas View Post
Rules seem ok to me. Glad to see the torque converters/automatics gone, simply because they weren't ran back then. Hope I'm surprised, but I doubt the nitrous cars will be competitive. 5.0" borespacing limit is fine, but limiting them to only 3 nitrous systems kinda' seems like overkill.

Most of them only had three back then. Billy Harper had a 5" motor on three when he was running low and mid 3.90s all of his 2008 Championship season.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #81
douglas
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ferguson View Post
Most of them only had three back then. Billy Harper had a 5" motor on three when he was running low and mid 3.90s all of his 2008 Championship season.
Do you really think the blown Hemi's with brad-8 heads will only be running mid 3.90's?

I hope this works out because I'd love to see the class survive - but unless I miss my guess, the rules are not helpful for nitrous cars being competitive.
douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:53 PM   #82
Dan Ferguson
Spooled up

Quote:
Do you really think the blown Hemi's with brad-8 heads will only be running mid 3.90's?

I hope this works out because I'd love to see the class survive - but unless I miss my guess, the rules are not helpful for nitrous cars being competitive.

No, I don't. I was talking strictly about what nitrous cars had in that time period. You can put ten systems on a 5" motor and it isn't going to run what a Brad 8 hemi would.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #83
Jim Wiens
Smoked another BBC

Quote:

Its going to depend how hard they tech the blowers ,Don't see anything on billet blower hats and spray bars and limiting multi stage electronic lean outs .Also allowing blower cars a 3 disk clutch and a 4 speed would be helpful and easier on parts also a liberty manual shifted trans should be allowed

Thanks to:
Mr Harry Hruska
Precision Turbo & Engine
Joe Oplawski Hyperaktive
R.I.P Tommy Faust TF PERFORMANCE CLUTCHES
Emtron Engine Management Electronics
HPL Oil

Last edited by Jim Wiens; 08-15-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Jim Wiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #84
theJaker
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wiens View Post
Its going to depend how hard they tech the blowers ,Don't see anything on billet blower hats and spray bars and limiting multi stage electronic lean outs .Also allowing blower cars a 3 disk clutch and a 4 speed would be helpful and easier on parts also a liberty manual shifted trans should be allowed
They're going to have to pick a year like Quain did with the SEGA cars. 1967. Or atleast I think they should.

Pro Mod 1998 rules for example. I would prefer no HEMIs. Blown wedge VS Nitrous wedge. Old style Lean outs , minimal data collection. No timing control. Just tune them for the weather and track and let them run. Take all the Nerd shit out and Race!
Old 08-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #85
rb0804
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wiens View Post
I think someone’s biased. Lol.
rb0804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #86
NostalgiaProMod
Burnout box

Update from the Nostalgia Pro Mod Association (NPMA) Drag Racing Series.

The rules are set teams are registering for 2020 series (15 + commitments), tracks up and down the east coast have been contacting us, and as stated under website schedule we will have 7 events, 1 Winter Warm up and 6 points events from South Carolina to NY.

Over the next several months event dates, tracks, sponsors and more will be announced. We promise this will be a professional series, rules checked and non compliance dealt with. If you would like to join (no dues till January 2nd 2020)

Thank you,

Nostalgia Pro Mod Team
NostalgiaProMod is offline   Reply With Quote