Fuel System 496 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Tech Questions - Monson Racing

Old 10-30-2019, 01:30 AM   #1
[email protected]
Spooled up

Default Fuel System 496

I'm.putting together a 496 going in a 70 Monte Carlo. Should end up around 600 how. Combo has been discussed recently on the forum here and I've gotten graet advice. My current plan fuel system wise is Clay Smith or similar Edelbrock mechanical type pump with a return style regualtor. Would this be sufficient. Anyone suggest which one or something else? N/A no nitrous street/strip. Planning on 1/2 line pre pump and post pump filters and 3/8 or 1/2 return line. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks guys.
jonesman1969@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2019, 04:27 AM   #2
Dfish1247
Burnout box

Default Re: Fuel System 496

Below is what feeds my 496.

The whole setup is a robbmc 1/2" sending unit, 1/2" nicopp to the pump, 1ft of 1/2" hose at each end for flex joints, 1/2" barb to 3/8" npt elbow fitting, 1712 pump, 3/8" npt to 3/8" barb elbow from pump, 3/8" hose to Holley regulator, filter, then to fuel log on carb.

There's no shortage of fuel, just a shortage of money keeping fuel in the tank,lol.

I have a 3/8" return plumbed, just not hooked up. Carb is a quick fuel 850ss on air gap intake, I didn't have any trouble with fuel boiling this summer in case that's why you want a return.
Dfish1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2019, 05:20 AM   #3
[email protected]
Spooled up

Dfish great answers thank you I've been looking at the RobbMC stuff I like it.
jonesman1969@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote