Where's Denny? - Page 7 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Cook of the weak

Cook of the weak Grilling, Smoking, Slow Cookers, Dutch Ovens and other forms of cooking!!!

Old 04-05-2019, 03:48 AM   #91
Mista Bone
Trolling the Trolls
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Where's Denny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
Refreshing to see some levelheadedness on the bullet.
I reveled in a lot of what Denny posted but definitely saw the pretentiousness in him.
No doubt he's an extremely smart and talented guy culinarily.

As to another point Spook made... I've got to be honest.... I read some stuff in other parts of YB that definitely makes me scratch my head and wonder why I even bother logging in sometimes.
I get the cockiness/arrogance, and don't blame him. I know I'd never be as skilled as he was. But the some folks, who had no real business in the Foodie section came in just to start shit. I read some of Denny's posts outside of the food section, and while I didn't agree at some of the points, I never brought them up here.

He's an artist. I worked under someone like him when I was 17-18. But when time came to serve a party of 600-1000, you didn't have time for artwork.

As to the cockiness, the same has been said to me about my talent in building certain Honda transmissions. So I understand where he was coming from on a different subject matter.

Now lets post some FOOD pics and recipes.

EDIT: I "reported" my post to have this thread closed, lets get back to cooking.

Last edited by Mista Bone; 04-05-2019 at 03:51 AM.
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 07:15 AM   #92
RICK55FLA
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvette View Post
RICK55FLA, I like to know what is [FB]?

FaceBook
RICK55FLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #93
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullys500 View Post
He's been MIA since Monty called him out on his Chinese food??!!
Denny was not upset at me for my Chinese food post. He was upset that I said something to him when he bashed CarolinaGirl for asking me a question in that same thread. Denny is a great guy but get upset very easily.

Monty Mikho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #94
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
I've tried to stay out of this for the most part but I have to say, not everyone wants to be taught. And no one wants to be talked down to about the food they enjoy. Denny did that 2 or 3 times so it was pretty much inevitable that someone was going to call him on it. I find it's better just to share the stuff you enjoy with like minded folks and forget about the rest of it. No need to be the big fish in the little pond. If you like nouvelle cuisine, great. If you like comfort food that you can just shovel into your face, that's great too. I like both and cook both, depending on the occasion. If something comes out really good and I think other people will dig it, I'll post it up here. If I want a debate, I'll go to the political section. If I want raunchy comments, I'll go to TOBT. I don't think anyone comes here for value judgements.

My point exactly.
Hey, what do you know about cooking?

I hope all is well with ya my friend!!

Old 04-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #95
carolinagirl
Mother Hen
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mikho View Post
Denny was not upset at me for my Chinese food post. He was upset that I said something to him when he bashed CarolinaGirl for asking me a question in that same thread. Denny is a great guy but get upset very easily.
Yikes. I had no idea. I don't even know what I asked or which thread. He called me out in TOBT for not meeting up with another member on here, when the member was going to be coming to a town near me. I never agreed to meet anyone, especially since it was right after my show and it takes me about a week to recover from that. He was quite hateful and somehow had the facts twisted as if I had agreed to meet this guy and stood him up. Now I have to find the cooking thread and see what the deal was. Sorry I was the source of contention.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:24 PM   #96
griff101
iron head clevelands
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl View Post
Yikes. I had no idea. I don't even know what I asked or which thread. He called me out in TOBT for not meeting up with another member on here, when the member was going to be coming to a town near me. I never agreed to meet anyone, especially since it was right after my show and it takes me about a week to recover from that. He was quite hateful and somehow had the facts twisted as if I had agreed to meet this guy and stood him up. Now I have to find the cooking thread and see what the deal was. Sorry I was the source of contention.
No great loss , guy was a bitch , when someone didnít agree him

245" hard tail
cleveland
c-4
Phuckstick 1s pal Dylan
griff101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #97
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
It starts on page one after your post.

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...php?t=2546831&

Old 04-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #98
GKsGS400
YB Managing Editor
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mikho View Post
It starts on page one after your post.

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...php?t=2546831&
I remember reading that at the time and was just shaking my head at why he would answer her like that when her post was just commiserating with you about not finding good food on vacation.
Posted via Mobile Device
GKsGS400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #99
8URZ28
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I never saw that thread. It wasnít a big deal to me, I thought it was a little odd, but I didnít know your situation either. Maybe next time Iím in your area

Originally Posted by toplesscuda
Dude....you really not be smart.

Originally Posted by 440Cuda
I love 8URZ28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wilson View Post
Ford heads are far superior to any Chevy head. No one comes close. There. I said it.
8URZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #100
8URZ28
Smoked Another SBC

I was hoping to meet up with Monty in Italy, didnít happen, Iím gonna be alright.

Originally Posted by toplesscuda
Dude....you really not be smart.

Originally Posted by 440Cuda
I love 8URZ28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wilson View Post
Ford heads are far superior to any Chevy head. No one comes close. There. I said it.
8URZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #101
70Underpressure
Moderater
Smoked Another SBC

He was a huge asset to this section. I always looked forward to his great foodie photography and recipes.

ďLifeís journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ĎHoly shit, what a ride!íĒ
70Underpressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #102
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8URZ28 View Post
I was hoping to meet up with Monty in Italy, didnít happen, Iím gonna be alright.
Lol how did ya like it? My mom and pops are still talking about it. We wore them out walking everywhere.. they seen every church and even the Pope in the Vatican. Venice was really cool too.. had a good time..

Old 04-05-2019, 05:24 PM   #103
1320dreams
PHUCKSTICK
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

Denny gave some erroneous advice to someone and I insultingly suggested he lay off the pot. He freaked on me and shortly thereafter told everyone he was leaving. He cameback but left again.
I didn't know he had issues with others.... Perhaps he had stress overload and needed to take a step back?
Old 04-05-2019, 05:26 PM   #104
B.A.Carty
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepx111 View Post
I agree, spook speaks the truth like no other.

I think Denny just took so much pride in his cooking and lifestyle that it made him come off as a arrogant prick sometimes, maybe it was intentional, maybe it wasn't, but when you do that sooner or later someone is going to check you up, and they did.

Another thing people tend to forget, typed words are often taken out of context, because there are no facial expressions or tone of voice.
that's the issue I had. forget how he phrased it, but essentially called me an amateur/joke, didn't know what I was talking about because I would skip a step(i.e. buying onions that are pre chopped) and when I explained that Im a single father, and have to pick and chose your battles with meal prep/cooking food with a 3 year old running around he told me I should just order pizza like a deadbeat. lol
B.A.Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #105
RICK55FLA
Smoked Another SBC

Give Denny a break you guys ! As stated,,food is his thing, due to the circle he travels in, Gourmet is his thing. Not appealing to me.

I just had 3 friends get back from spending 4 wks touring Europe and all they could do was Bitch about how shitty the food was and the service.

I had 2 other friends that planned their own trip,,, 4wks (too much walking),,, and they had a good time doing meals with the locals,,they loved it.

I'm old , I'm mean , and I'm lazy,,,presentation doesn't mean shit to me.
RICK55FLA is offline   Reply With Quote