Clear coat - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Auto Body and Paint

Old 11-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Roofrackracer
Pullin gears

Default Clear coat

May be a stupid question. If a car is paint red then clear coated. When its wet sanded would there be any color red on the ground? Unless he sanded thru the clear coat. Any help would b appreciated.
Roofrackracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
markadams
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Clear coat

No red should be present. He sanded through or you don't have clear coat. Should be white dust only.
Trend Performance, LGM Racing, Ferrea, Holeshot, Deist, Mallory, Valvoline, Innovate Motorsports, Stroud, BTE, Ultimate Converter, Davis Technologies, VP Racing Fuels, Fluidyne, Redhorse, Chiseled Performance, PSI Springs, Randy's Ring and Pinion, Comp Cams, Sonnax, Probe, Chris Alston Chassisworks, Borg Warner, The Driveshaft Shop, Mittler Brothers, NLR, CFM, Tial, Weldon, Currie, CSU, Titan, Milodon, Melling, Firecore50, Cloyes, Naylor Racing Engines, SCE Gaskets, ARP, BAM
markadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:34 PM   #3
Roofrackracer
Pullin gears

Thats what I thought. I haven ‘t seem it since it came out of the booth. Just not sure he clear coated the whole car.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #4
markadams
Smoked Another SBC

If he base coated the whole car, I'm sure he clear coated the whole car. Was it just a partial paint job?
Trend Performance, LGM Racing, Ferrea, Holeshot, Deist, Mallory, Valvoline, Innovate Motorsports, Stroud, BTE, Ultimate Converter, Davis Technologies, VP Racing Fuels, Fluidyne, Redhorse, Chiseled Performance, PSI Springs, Randy's Ring and Pinion, Comp Cams, Sonnax, Probe, Chris Alston Chassisworks, Borg Warner, The Driveshaft Shop, Mittler Brothers, NLR, CFM, Tial, Weldon, Currie, CSU, Titan, Milodon, Melling, Firecore50, Cloyes, Naylor Racing Engines, SCE Gaskets, ARP, BAM
markadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
Roofrackracer
Pullin gears

No total paint job. Stripes on the hood. I know he cleared it. You can’t feel the stripe edge.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
Horndog
Smoked Another SBC

If there is "any" color on the floor, other than 'milky white' -- the clear has been sanded through.

" ...oh no, what the fuck was that?
...the motor ... we've thrown a rod.
...is that serious?
...yup."

“And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth." -George Orwell

I really don't know which is worse ..... all of DOTARD's lies all the time, or all the trumphumpers lapping them up with not even giving them a critical thought
Horndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #7
FRANKTHECRANK
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Are you thinking he single staged the car and just cleared the panels with the stripes? If so, that's when you'll see red sanding dust or sludge on the single staged panels, and white on the cleared ones, when he sands and buffs.