Texas Legislature Sends Marijuana Legalization Bill To Governor Abbott - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 07-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #31
Bigtruckdrivah
FHRITP
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Texas Legislature Sends Marijuana Legalization Bill To Governor Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 Trans Am View Post

Felony for a joint? Hahaha
Youíre not gettin a felony for a joint here......unless you had a weapon or something with it.

And Tx being a red state is a faint memory, Iíd imagine itíll be blue next election or the one after.
Bigtruckdrivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2019, 01:42 PM   #32
TheRevII
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Texas Legislature Sends Marijuana Legalization Bill To Governor Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooder2 View Post
I can see Oklahoma legalizing pot and they will own the Texas cannibis market

It's already effectively legal in Oklahoma. Medicinal use is nothing more than a sympathetic-sounding term to pacify people who are against pot use. Walk into the doc's office, pay 200 or so for your marijuana recommendation ("Doctor, I suffer from depression"), and have at it. I don't know what pot costs on the street but for high-grade bought from a dispensary they're getting $300/oz for it in Oklahoma.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #33
Bigswede
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Z~carnut View Post
Be shocked to see Tejas legalize mj.
They're one of the last big states where you can get a night in the graybar hotel for possession of a joint.
Saw a Live PD show where a hot chick got a felony charge for possession of a THC vape pipe, in the state of Tx...
I guess you must have met a politician that wasn't in love with tax money, I sure haven't.
Bigswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:47 PM   #34
willisonTfosdik
DamCoonass
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtruckdrivah View Post
Youíre not gettin a felony for a joint here......unless you had a weapon or something with it.

And Tx being a red state is a faint memory, Iíd imagine itíll be blue next election or the one after.

I donít know if itís changed any since 91 but in Baytown your ass will go to jail for 24hrs for having an open beer before high noon (gotta wait for the Baptist to get outta church) & itíll cost you big $$.

Canít imagine what those pompous assholes over there letting weed become legal.

__________________________________________________ ________
R.I.P Coops

We miss ya

__________________________________________________ _________
willisonTfosdik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #35
TheRevII
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

I think it's a Class B misdemeanor unless you're selling it. And yep, by 2024 I'm thinking Texas will be blue as the Gulf of Mexico. It's already majority-minority.

Medical pot is being seriously considered this year in Texas, and at the very least I'd like to see it decriminalized. Go to jail for having a joint in your possession? Get a police record which could hinder your ability to get a good job? That's nuts.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #36
Bigtruckdrivah
FHRITP
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by willisonTfosdik View Post
I donít know if itís changed any since 91 but in Baytown your ass will go to jail for 24hrs for having an open beer before high noon (gotta wait for the Baptist to get outta church) & itíll cost you big $$.

Canít imagine what those pompous assholes over there letting weed become legal.
Hell lar told me a few days ago they hand you a ticket and turn you loose for anything under 4oz now.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #37
80Z~carnut
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigswede View Post
I guess you must have met a politician that wasn't in love with tax money, I sure haven't.
Never.
Guess Tx. is just a bit slow when it concerns cannabis legalization...?
80Z~carnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #38
willisonTfosdik
DamCoonass
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Hell lar told me a few days ago they hand you a ticket and turn you loose for anything under 4oz now.

Heís in East Loosiana. lol

__________________________________________________ ________
R.I.P Coops

We miss ya

__________________________________________________ _________
willisonTfosdik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #39
Bigtruckdrivah
FHRITP
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by willisonTfosdik View Post
Heís in East Loosiana. lol
Itís a shithole!!
Old 07-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #40
Tron S
Smoked another BBC

Garage

MJ legalization is nothing more than one of the best leftist scams of this century. I agree it increases tax revenue, the problem is that the states spend about 1.5X what they bring in. CA, OR, WA, CO for example all spend more money regulating the industry than the tax brings in in the first place so they are net negative. So it is pretty easy to see how the scam works. They put in on the ballot, garner way more votes for the left which moves the state even further to the left. Then the new law increases tax revenue which gives the leftists more money to expand the government/regulatory agencies. None of these states have reduced the tax burden on the common taxpayer and all of them are still deficit spending. You know that saying about a bank takes in $1M, it can loan out $10M? That is what the states are doing with every dime they get from MJ but on a take in $1M spend $1.5M ratio.

I am glad TX is avoiding it, it will be the death of the Red State if they do.
Tron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #41
Cooder2
aka old_shoe
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevII View Post
It's already effectively legal in Oklahoma. Medicinal use is nothing more than a sympathetic-sounding term to pacify people who are against pot use. Walk into the doc's office, pay 200 or so for your marijuana recommendation ("Doctor, I suffer from depression"), and have at it. I don't know what pot costs on the street but for high-grade bought from a dispensary they're getting $300/oz for it in Oklahoma.

Texas never legalized gambling, but OK did, altho I'm not sure they make as much money from it as they thought they would. The potential pot market is much bigger than gambling in my estimation
Old 07-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #42
Bigtruckdrivah
FHRITP
Smoked Another SBC

Pot isn’t making Texas red, the fkn illegals are
Old 07-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #43
007dragracer
Launchin

Our stupid Gov. here in MN. wants everyone on pot. I guess if it makes them lazy those idiots might not vote, then I'm for it.
007dragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #44
Bigswede
Pullin gears

Quote:
Pot isnít making Texas red, the fkn illegals are
Nailed it!
Bigswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #45
TheRevII
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007dragracer View Post
Our stupid Gov. here in MN. wants everyone on pot. I guess if it makes them lazy those idiots might not vote, then I'm for it.

Your Governor wants the tax money. Liberals rail against cigarette smoking (isn't marijuana smoking, smoking?) yet NYC doesn't mind at all - each pack is taxed $5.85 and the state as a whole collected over $1 billion last year in cig taxes. Smoke away; let the taxpayers and the insurance companies pay for your cancer and emphysema treatments.