Edelbrock Big Johnson LS R heads and 400 NA ADRL Pro Stock engine build - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Naturally Aspirated - Uratchko Racing Engines

Naturally Aspirated - Uratchko Racing Engines

Old 02-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #16
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Edelbrock Big Johnson LS R heads and 400 NA ADRL Pro Stock engine build

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOMP461 View Post
Tommy told me this morning that a reliable LS 454 with these heads would make around 1250 to 1300 hp.

That's already been done with a Gen1 SB.
Chris Uratchko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #17
cOMP461
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Edelbrock Big Johnson LS R heads and 400 NA ADRL Pro Stock engine build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Uratchko View Post
That's already been done with a Gen1 SB.
I Do not think anyone is even close on any NA engine unless it's a stupid happy dyno. I know what the fast Austrian 400s make on real dynos next to real 500 Pro Stock engines and they are just getting close to 3 hp per cube. Remember the 500 have basically the same stroke as a 400 with almost a half inch bigger bore and they are a few better than 3 hp per cube.

No matter the dyno, or the internet hp. The LS based head, be it our Edelbrock, or Richards Dart head will make more when the smoke clears on NA applications.

Last edited by cOMP461; 02-01-2018 at 02:18 PM.
cOMP461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #18
cOMP461
Smoked another BBC

thought I would show the cute little fuel pump

Old 02-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #19
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
I Do not think anyone is even close on any NA engine unless it's a stupid happy dyno. I know what the fast Austrian 400s make on real dynos next to real 500 Pro Stock engines and they are just getting close to 3 hp per cube. Remember the 500 have basically the same stroke as a 400 with almost a half inch bigger bore and they are a few better than 3 hp per cube.

No matter the dyno, or the internet hp. The LS based head, be it our Edelbrock, or Richards Dart head will make more when the smoke clears on NA applications.

Just to continue to keep it real here and keep you accountable, there is nothing in an LS that will support more hp per CID than a Gen 1... absolutely zero.

So please, you are welcome to pump your engine and your hero, but do not become one of these LS Kids who has new revelation about engines since the LS.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #20
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Back to a technical discussion.

Do you plan to mill off those rocker pads to get into a flat robust platform for a rocker bar?

Because right now that's a disaster in the making. There's no consistent platform per cylinder for rocker bar mounting and certainly no real estate for a bolt pattern that will stabilize the bar.

Right now you're welding pads to the heads, or machining those stanchions off, and or all of the above and welding a bar across the head.

What's the plan?
Old 02-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #21
cOMP461
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Uratchko View Post
Just to continue to keep it real here and keep you accountable, there is nothing in an LS that will support more hp per CID than a Gen 1... absolutely zero.

So please, you are welcome to pump your engine and your hero but do not become one of these LS Kids who has new revelation about engines since the LS.
You might want to educate yourself on the LS platform.

As far as the rocker pads. I think we'll stick with the person that designed our heads opinion.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #22
Chris Uratchko
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

As far as the rocker pads. I think we'll stick with the person that designed our heads opinion.
You'll have to !!!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #23
Shawn Finn
Pullin gears

This will never be a technical discussion because this guy doesn't have a fckin clue about anything technical. He knows how to post pictures, and throw Warrens name around. Does he know you mention him this much when you make yourself look like a fool. Who blurs out the runner openings on a pro port head? Does he really think that his guys are the only people to work with a ls next block? This thread is and will always be a collection of pictures with zero tech to back anything up.
[email protected]

Dealers for: Ferrea, Mark Williams, Aeromotive, Procharger, Fueltech, PST.

For sale:
Callies BBC Magnum CCW - New
Jesel .937 keyway lifters
BBC front drive distributor
Fueltech FT500 - New
MSD powergrid 7720/7730/coil/arc module/can bus package
Shawn Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #24
Warp Speed
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
You might want to educate yourself on the LS platform.

WOW! HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lun40119 View Post
My name isn't Jake........and I don't have a red chevelle. I am a keyboard junkie, in my mom's basement, with no pants on.
Warp Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:01 PM   #25
theJaker
Launchin

Here we go again...
Old 02-01-2018, 10:01 PM   #26
Screwblower
Smoked Another SBC

Told ya.
Screwblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #27
deathblack67
Launchin

Silly I'm reading I'm going to design something that doesn't exist yet to compete with something that already does. Hmmm goodstuff I'm all in on this lol.
deathblack67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #28
CFMCNC
Smoked another BBC

If we had a contract to build a Max-Effort NA Small Block Chev it would not be on the LS platform.Bill C.
CFMCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #29
deathblack67
Launchin

I was asking some people this the other day. Is there anyone in comp swtching over to ls?
deathblack67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2018, 12:36 AM   #30
LarryO
Unbanned
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:

Some Austrian 400's must be pushing 3hp/ci.

You do the math...........

6.877 @ 200.14MPH

2300lbs.

oh wait, I don't think Austria runs 400's in their Pro Stock. Maybe in Australia they do.

Last edited by LarryO; 02-02-2018 at 12:38 AM.
LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote