2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
TheRevII
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
TheRevII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Central Texas
Posts: 32,701
Default 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Comparo test in the latest Car and Driver. It was almost a tie when all the pluses and minuses are added up. The Camaro wins the acceleration contest by a considerable margin, which it should, with a 25% larger engine, an 8 speed auto, 20 more hp and 55 more lb/ft of torque...plus it's about 60 pounds lighter this time around.

But the Mustang did well in the rest of the categories, and in styling points, particularly the interior. You'd think that after 6 years, GM would know how to fix the worst part of the 2010 new-gen car, and it IS better - but it's still not right. And when you buy one of these, inside it is where you live.

Both got great reviews for handling.

Pick your favorite in my opinion. Can't go wrong either way.
__________________
Carl
IDGAS Group Charter Member
TheRevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
appalach
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
appalach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,154
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevII View Post
]And when you buy one of these, inside it is where you live.
Cheers! What I'm talking about, and it's a great time to be alive! Buying a Boss 302 was one of the on-point decisions of my life thus far. Can't take it with ye!

Sad thing is political motherfuckers will be halting the HP fun over some environment-fucktalk before long.
__________________
appalach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:21 PM   #3
Joe_K
OL 10.5 TTF
Smoked Another SBC
 
Joe_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Berks County, PA
Posts: 11,797
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevII View Post
Comparo test in the latest Car and Driver. It was almost a tie when all the pluses and minuses are added up. The Camaro wins the acceleration contest by a considerable margin, which it should, with a 25% larger engine, an 8 speed auto, 20 more hp and 55 more lb/ft of torque...plus it's about 60 pounds lighter this time around.

But the Mustang did well in the rest of the categories, and in styling points, particularly the interior. You'd think that after 6 years, GM would know how to fix the worst part of the 2010 new-gen car, and it IS better - but it's still not right. And when you buy one of these, inside it is where you live.

Both got great reviews for handling.

Pick your favorite in my opinion. Can't go wrong either way.
I prefer the 6th gen Camaro interior over the Mustang, and I completely hated the 5th gen. GM might get my money for one.
__________________


Joe_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
ledsled87
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
ledsled87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12,422
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Cool!

Nice to see the performance improvement to the Camaro, but I wonder if the LT1 will ever measure up to the LS1.

The Mustang has the looks only a mother could love, but still a solid hot rod.

I still like the Challenger the best out of the three.... If it were like 5-600 pounds lighter look out...
__________________
83 Malibu wagoon...
Faded paint, and steel wheels!

Nitrous......I used to do a little, but a little wouldnt do it, so the little got more and more......
ledsled87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
Erik-427
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 11,712
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Camaro wins on all fronts in my opinion. As for the interior? Give me the Stang's instrument cluster with the Camaro's center section. Exterior? Camaro all the way. This is all from a Ford guy.
Erik-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:30 PM   #6
TheRevII
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
TheRevII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Central Texas
Posts: 32,701
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

It helps the styling but the Camaro's windows really make it hard to view traffic alongside you. They should think about making a lane departure system standard equipment in that car.

It took me about 5 years to like the C5 Corvette's tail and it may take me just as long to like the 15-up Mustang's. I like the rest of it.
__________________
Carl
IDGAS Group Charter Member
TheRevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:36 PM   #7
Joe_K
OL 10.5 TTF
Smoked Another SBC
 
Joe_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Berks County, PA
Posts: 11,797
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevII View Post
It helps the styling but the Camaro's windows really make it hard to view traffic alongside you. They should think about making a lane departure system standard equipment in that car.

It took me about 5 years to like the C5 Corvette's tail and it may take me just as long to like the 15-up Mustang's. I like the rest of it.
The nose of the Mustang is the part I don't like. The interior is nice, but I do like the Camaro interior better. There's some nice details in it, I really like the heater/AC control vents. The new Apple CarPlay/Android auto radio is nice. The only thing the Mustang could win is subjective styling, the Camaro donkey stomps it in every performance category.
__________________


Joe_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:30 AM   #8
kramden
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,322
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

13-14 Mustangs are fantastic, the 15 not so much. Still can't get excited with the Camaro.
kramden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:13 AM   #9
HenryFloored
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
HenryFloored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spring Hill Florida
Posts: 6,836
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

I describe exterior styling this way. When the gen 5 Camaro first came out I was pretty blown away by most of its styling characteristics but for some reason it sorta went cold for me after I got used to it.

With the Challenger I liked it right away and I still do for the most part except it still looks a little porky.

With the 2015 Mustang I definitely wasn't sure at first, that is until I saw one in person at the local dealer. In my opinion it looked way better than the first pictures I saw of it.

To my eye the Mustang has the most distinct and purposeful style. It's a Mustang from a mile away.
HenryFloored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:43 AM   #10
Joe_K
OL 10.5 TTF
Smoked Another SBC
 
Joe_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Berks County, PA
Posts: 11,797
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryFloored View Post
I describe exterior styling this way. When the gen 5 Camaro first came out I was pretty blown away by most of its styling characteristics but for some reason it sorta went cold for me after I got used to it.

With the Challenger I liked it right away and I still do for the most part except it still looks a little porky.

With the 2015 Mustang I definitely wasn't sure at first, that is until I saw one in person at the local dealer. In my opinion it looked way better than the first pictures I saw of it.

To my eye the Mustang has the most distinct and purposeful style. It's a Mustang from a mile away.
The Challenger is the best looking of the three. They just need a smaller lighter version similar to the new Camaro. There were rumors a while ago that they were making a Cuda to fit that category, what happened?
__________________


Joe_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:49 AM   #11
Meanbu
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Meanbu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 5,976
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Let's not overlook the fact that the Camaro they tested didn't have mag ride. Order a new Camaro with it and really donkey gap the Stang imo.
__________________
Test everything, and hold on to what is good.
Meanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:54 AM   #12
Aceshigh
Age of Acquiescence
Smoked Another SBC
 
Aceshigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: FEMA Region V
Posts: 30,680
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

New Mustang GT is nicer with the stripes and style add on's. But, It has a fish face,
The rear seat area slope is so low & aggressive, it should have been a 2 seater sports car.
Mustang GT interior is top notch, and most of the car is attractive but it has an ugly profile at a front off set angle.
The GT350 & R editions, I do like though in every way.

The new Camaro SS is bitchen.
Always been a Camaro loyalist, and I loved the 5th gen but the 6th gen is waaaay hot.
I'm just not a fan of GM's bailouts, bankruptcy's, warranty SNAFU's, recall SNAFU's or quality control lately
so I wouldn't be able to comfortably buy anything from GM until some years pass and they get back on track.

Strictly talking paper #'s and aesthetics, I will say the Camaro win's on all counts IMO tho.
But the fact that's it is a GM vehicle........no.
__________________


"War is just a racket.
There are only two things we should fight for.
One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.
War for any other reason is simply a racket.


I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business,
for Wall Street and for the Bankers. - GENERAL SMEDLEY BUTLER

Last edited by Aceshigh; 10-31-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Aceshigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:47 AM   #13
WindsorCobra
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
WindsorCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marco Island/Daytona Beach FLA
Posts: 7,430
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

This was a butt kicking I saw coming once Ford announced last year the new Mustang actually gained weight, and the 5.0 only got a 15hp bump.

They need to make the s550 all aluminum, and quick. Only problem is the probably won't do anything major if they keep slaughtering the Camaro in sales. They've managed to erase the over all sales lead from the Camaro since 09 in less than a year
__________________
Single turbo 2011 Mustang GT
WindsorCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:49 AM   #14
Monty Mikho
Satan
Smoked Another SBC
 
Monty Mikho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 134,540
Garage
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

GM wins again...

SHOCKING
__________________
The 10th YellowBullet.com Nationals Event!!
Cecil County Dragway August 30th - September 1st , 2019:
Now accepting 2019 YellowBullet Nationals sponsors!!

Monty Mikho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #15
pro801
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
pro801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Space coast, Fl.
Posts: 6,315
Default Re: 2016 Camaro SS vs. 2016 Mustang GT

Camaro still looks like ass.
__________________
pro801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 0%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.