Holley EFI Help! - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Electrical

Old 10-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #31
bigd427w
Boss
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Holley EFI Help!

That's my "free" help for the week gotta keep some things reserved so I can pay the bills lol
bigd427w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #32
cdeezy2003
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd427w View Post
Did Adam Maurer help resolve your issue?
Indeed he did....
cdeezy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #33
bigd427w
Boss
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeezy2003 View Post
Indeed he did....
I thought he did. He and I have spoken about this exact issue a few times now.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #34
tthomp
Pullin gears

Quote:
I thought he did. He and I have spoken about this exact issue a few times now.
Adam really doesn't like the dual sync distributor at all.... He really wanted me go go to a 60-2 wheel.
tthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #35
bigd427w
Boss
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomp View Post
Adam really doesn't like the dual sync distributor at all.... He really wanted me go go to a 60-2 wheel.
I'm not a fan of the dual sync distributor's either, but us shop owners can't always persuade the customer to change parts. So, we just make due with what we are working with.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #36
Sickfox
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
Just so I'm clear on this: If someone follows the Holley EFI Crank & Cam Sensor Setup instructions correctly, they won't have this problem, right?
http://forums.holley.com/showthread....m-Sensor-Setup (Crank & Cam Sensor Setup)
Danny,

Just so we are clear, you appear to be knowledgeable with the
the Holley product yet all your support is answered with links.
This information is public knowledge for most, but there times we need step by step explanation from you.

Please be mindful as you represent the Holley corporation and don't be afraid to share some information outside of links.

SICKFOX

MMFF July 2013 Cover Car
MMFF 2013 Top 10 Car
Sickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #37
Sickfox
Pullin gears

If you look at the following 3rd grade drawings I just made, you will see distinct differences. When using digital falling/digital falling signals, you do not want them on top of one another. Cam sync should fall on top of the crank pulse preferably

Derek,

Thank you for the amazing 3rd grade drawings. It was very informative.

SICKFOX

MMFF July 2013 Cover Car
MMFF 2013 Top 10 Car
Sickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #38
Danny Cabral
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickfox View Post
This information is public knowledge for most, but there times we need step by step explanation from you.
I don't know if you thought I was being sarcastic (I wasn't), but I was genuinely asking Derek that question. At that time, I was really a little confused, however, I understand it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickfox View Post
Please be mindful as you represent the Holley corporation and don't be afraid to share some information outside of links.
I'm sorry to hear this, because I thought I do share a lot of information, aside from the links. I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for being honest with me.

New Holley Dominator ECU for sale every month. (Email me for my usual low price: d c f 1 5 0 @ c o m c a s t . n e t)

Last edited by Danny Cabral; 10-26-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Danny Cabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #39
598nos
Smoked another BBC

I think what sickfox is saying is.........for a lot of us newbi's or guys not as well up to date with the "lingo" in the EFI world as you and some others have, a lot of times the Holley directions are over our head so to speak.......I know myself personally l would read a section from Holley's "Help" section on Global folders 100 times but could not figure out how to move files around on my laptop. Just a few minutes on the phone with Carlos and it was a piece of cake. He was just saying the same thing as Holley but from a different angle.........Then I understood it. Mike Beck has explained tons of stuff to me also (again, from another point of view) .......Its easier to understand things (in this EFI world or any new system) often when you/we get the correct info from our questions from a different perspective....that's all. I.E....all the chatter on this thread and BINGO...post #20 &24 made it very simple to comprehend. Same answer, but from another angle besides Holley's
Everyday I'm learning more & more Danny from guys like you...........and THANK YOU.
Dealer for Gibtec Pistons
598nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #40
Doc's Notch
Smoked another BBC

Some great info in this thread, thanks guys!

Street car with a 5 speed
427ci SBF
9.72 at 141mph

Higgins/FTI/PK Machine Clevor Coming soon

https://youtu.be/JninsZY-yIs

Drag Week 2013 SR\SB\NA Winner
Drag Week 2015 SS\SB\NA Winner
Drag Week 2016 SS\SB\NA Runner Up
Doc's Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #41
bigd427w
Boss
Smoked another BBC

It's like text messages. We all send/receive them and occasionally come across wrong. Not the intention at all. It's something that a 2d typed word can't convey. In the end, Danny, Mike, Doug, joe O, and others all contribute in their own way. Honestly I know some dealers that won't post on forums as it takes away from their service calls and return shop visits. From what I've experienced my "free" help leads to a host of future customers. So in a nutshell that's why I try to give back to this site. IMO this shared knowledge has helped push Holley EFI to the front when it very well could have played second fiddle to BS3.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #42
Meatz
Launchin

Quote:
It's true neither the V2 or V3 software has the timing offset parameter for 1 pulse/fire crank sensor, and I don't know why it was omitted for this application. However it's always the best practice to get the sensor in the best position possible. If it's only off 1-2*, I adjust the ignition reference angle in the software. Same as Mike Beck posted he does with his application.

If you look at the following 3rd grade drawings I just made, you will see distinct differences. When using digital falling/digital falling signals, you do not want them on top of one another. Cam sync should fall on top of the crank pulse preferably.

So we're saying this is good to go, right?

Meatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:24 AM   #43
bigd427w
Boss
Smoked another BBC

Ideally, I would like to see the falling edge of the cam sync occur about where your .085 time line is. However if you are using the rising edge of the cam sensor, it would be damn near spot on. Providing of course you setup the crank ref. angle, correctly, and the cam sync was installed at the correct * btdc
Old 10-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #44
tthomp
Pullin gears

All of this shared knowledge is why i purchased the Holley EFI to begin with and why Yellowbullet allows people like me to do a lot of it on my own. I am still moving the cam sync a little at a time i will get it close to perfect! Thanks everybody!
tthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #45
Rick Finsta
Smoked another BBC

bigd427w-

With a missing tooth or flying magnet crank wheel can you adjust the phasing of the crank signal if you don' have an adjustable distributor rotor? So long as you don't move your missing tooth (or teeth) to the slow point in the compression lope at cranking (another bad practice IMHO) it is another way to tackle the problem in some systems; not sure on the Holley as I don't know if it does "this cylinder" and "next cylinder" calculations depending on signal phasing relative to crank rotation.

As to firmware offsets for these physical relationships; I think that having this phasing mechanically fixed is a best practice. It is too often an afterthought in performance aftermarket applications instead of being a design consideration, as evidenced by all the questions you see about it across many ECU platforms.

Your Prototype and Small Project Partner
-------------------------------------------------------------
1972 Cutlass Supreme, 362cid SBO on MS3 and E85
11.84 @ 112mph, 1.59 60'
Rick Finsta is offline   Reply With Quote