Yellow Bullet Forums banner

holley dominator EFI pressure switches

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  IMPATIENT 1 
#1 ·
In the middle of a twin-turbo build and was wondering if anyone had a number of pressure transducers you would need. I'm building a twin-turbo with dual regulators for fuel pressure. I also need them for boost pressure and backpressure. Do i need them on both wastegates? I already have 5 bar map sensor IAT, throttle position sensor. I hope i have not left anything out.

G
#6 ·
Map is fine for boost
I ran a single BP sensor when I had twins. That's good enough if things are working properly, but if there is a problem it might be useful to have one on both banks.
I run a single Dome pressure since my WG dome lines are teed together and the ecu just needs one sensor to modulate dome pressure.
Other sensors you may want/need. Oil pres, fuel pres, trans pres, cooling system pres, oil temp, trans temp, water temp, egts, DS speed sensor.

The dominator has plenty of inputs, so have at it :)

#8 ·
Needs and wants are 2 different things.

Sure it would be nice to monitor everything....if the ecu even has the ability. But in practical, cost terms etc...need and want will differ.

Why dual regs for fuel ? Or is this some attempt at 2 standalone fuel systems ?

MAP is effectively boost pressure, unless you need multiple monitoring points to determine pressure loss in the system etc

Pre-turbine pressure....both would be nice...really necessary ? probably not. Turbo speed for both however would be very useful.

Cooling system pressure, useful, wastegate position may be more useful than gate pressure. Although if using pressure in the gate as a control parameter, then it may be handy to know both to ensure they are working evenly. But some of that would depend on plumbing etc too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.