Default Re: Anyone make anything good lately?

Lobster Bisque (Enterprise Seafood Company - Santa Barbara, Ca)

My wife and I had befriended the manager of the Enterprise Seafood Company restaurant in Santa Barbara. He had stopped by our table and I had remarked on how much I liked the Lobster Bisque. When getting the check there was a folded sheet of paper underneath the bill. He had copied the restaurants recipe and gave it to me. It was for five gallons so I had to cut it down, but as good as I have had anywhere.

Ingredients:

16 oz Cream
16 oz Lobster
16 oz canned Tomatoes
2 stalks Celery
1/2 large Onion
1 Large Carrot
4 oz Sherry
16 oz Lobster/chicken broth
2 Tablespoon Cornstarch

Directions:

Remove lobster meat from shells and boil shells in 16 oz chicken broth for at least 2 hours. Add water to retain volume. Dice the vegetables and add veggies, tomatoes, sherry to pan and simmer for at least 3o minutes. Strain, broth and veggies.(Yep...... ya throw the veggies away just keeping the broth.)

Add two tablespoons cornstarch to 4 ounces broth mixture and whisk. Dice lobster and add lobster, cornstarch and cream to pan. Ladle 3/4th of the mixture into a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds. Add back to pan. Bring to boil/simmer and immediately turn heat off. Serve with an Antipasto appetizer and good bread.

Denny