Default Re: Anyone make anything good lately?

Thai Crab and Shrimp Butternut Squash Bisque

This is one where you are going to have to adjust the spices to your tastes as its one I winged making. What prompted me making it is it was a shitty rainy day and after working out my workout partner and I decided on a comfort food lunch going to Whole Foods. We both got soup n sandwich getting Butternut Squash and Crab soup. She said something to the effect that my soups were better so I told her I would work on it and give her some.

Ingredients:

1 lb of Jumbo Shrimp (Chopped into bite sized pieces and seasoned)
lb of Crab Meat (Optional due to being expensive)
1 large or 2 small Butternut Squash
1 14 oz can of Coconut Milk
3 cups of Chicken Broth
th medium Sweet Onion
2 gloves Garlic (smashed and chopped)
1 tablespoon Curry Powder (about, adjust to taste)
Hit of Cinnamon
Tablespoon or so of Olive Oil
Couple squeezes of Maple Syrup
Small Handful of Fresh Basil
Salt n Pepper to taste
Optional: Sirachia Hot Sauce to taste

Directions:

Medium dice the onion and add to a pan with the Olive Oil and Garlic, turn the heat to medium low. Using a peeler remove the skin from the squash, half, remove the seeds and cut into a 1 inch dice. Once the Onion starts to turn, add the squash, Curry Powder, Cinnamon, and a pinch of Salt n Pepper. Stir to coat and place a lid on top occasionally stirring. Cook for about 5 minutes.

Add Broth, Coconut Milk, Syrup and simmer till the squash is tender. Add the Shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes till the Shrimp start to turn. Add mixture to a blender, add the Basil and blend till smooth. Return to pan and return to a simmer. Taste, adjust spices, and adjust thickness. Five minutes prior to serving return to a simmer adding remaining Shrimp and Crab Meat. Serve and garnish with fresh Basil.

Denny