Yellow Bullet Forums

Yellow Bullet Forums (https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Englishtown - Old Bridge Township Raceway Park (https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Possible return of drag racing at e town (https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2484362)

Mgabski 05-03-2018 11:46 AM

Possible return of drag racing at e town

Not sure how much truth to this article, but found this browsing Facebook today https://thecapitalsportsreport.com/2...-raceway-park/

Mike Beck 05-03-2018 11:52 AM

Re: Possible return of drag racing at e town

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgabski (Post 68148778)
Not sure how much truth to this article, but found this browsing Facebook today https://thecapitalsportsreport.com/2...-raceway-park/

See my other post.

Mgabski 05-03-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Beck (Post 68148978)
See my other post.

Yeah I saw that. Itís one of those things that you wish werenít true, so every thing I see about possible return of racing gives some false hope.

hilton 05-30-2018 03:20 PM

Latest rumor over at Classracer is Don Schumacher is trying to purchase track and bring back a NHRA national event

projoe87 05-30-2018 10:57 PM

Fat chance but who knows.

bracketchev1221 05-31-2018 08:23 AM

When the first pair of cars goes down the track you can believe it. Otherwise its on the list with the track opening on Long Island at Calverton. That's been a 15 year rumor now I think.

Mike Beck 05-31-2018 01:51 PM

With all the track equipment and timing systems gone, someone will need to spend a lot of time and money to make the attempt, AFTER purchasing everything from the current owners.

stkjock 05-31-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Beck (Post 68715938)
With all the track equipment and timing systems gone, someone will need to spend a lot of time and money to make the attempt, AFTER purchasing everything from the current owners.

the family sold the equipment off?

Shawn Finn 05-31-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stkjock (Post 68716762)
the family sold the equipment off?

Heard Island bought everything except the rotator

Mike Beck 05-31-2018 08:38 PM

The jet drier was kept for the road course. Everything else is or will be gone shortly. They do have more jet engines if someone wants to build their own truck like they did.

ironpony 05-31-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bracketchev1221 (Post 68710154)
When the first pair of cars goes down the track you can believe it. Otherwise its on the list with the track opening on Long Island at Calverton. That's been a 15 year rumor now I think.

and if they hold out a few more years all us old guys will be to old to fight anymore so that will end it. youngsters have zero interest in racing

SmallBlockNova 06-01-2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Finn (Post 68723002)
Heard Island bought everything except the rotator

Rotator? I never seen a rotator there in my entire life, not even a belt dragger, but I guess anythings possible:smt102

Mike Beck 06-01-2018 11:49 AM

Island bought a Tenant machine, they had two at E-Town. I think Wall Stadium bought the other one, or maybe they bought the blower truck. I know they got something.........

Wish we had one of those tractors like RT66 and some other tracks have, those things are awesome!

mcgyver racing 06-02-2018 02:38 PM

This rumor is all over.
Man the neighbors will puke w 24/7 tractor trailers moving junk cars thru their neighborhoods.
They have no idea. There is a place on long island. Never closes.

Mike Beck 06-02-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgyver racing (Post 68761610)
This rumor is all over.
Man the neighbors will puke w 24/7 tractor trailers moving junk cars thru their neighborhoods.
They have no idea. There is a place on long island. Never closes.

Yup! Neighbors got their wishes! No more drag racing. Enjoy those trucks!