Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Possible return of drag racing at e town

38K views 88 replies 38 participants last post by  itslegal 
#1 ·
#6 ·
When the first pair of cars goes down the track you can believe it. Otherwise its on the list with the track opening on Long Island at Calverton. That's been a 15 year rumor now I think.

Reactions: jstahemi
#13 ·
Island bought a Tenant machine, they had two at E-Town. I think Wall Stadium bought the other one, or maybe they bought the blower truck. I know they got something.........

Wish we had one of those tractors like RT66 and some other tracks have, those things are awesome!

#25 ·
It's about 400 acres. With IAA leasing 100 of it for the next 10 or 15 years. An airport (which the track owns) that they might be able to close if they decided to. Don't think the housing market is there right now to sell the property, but by the end of the IAA lease if the Liberals and Democraps haven't destroyed the country that property may be worth a good amount of $$$.

#29 ·
Just a show. No pickups either. Monster Trucks, yes.

Funny how all these rumors about the track re-opening float around after 30 years of rumors of the track being sold......

People really have nothing better to do with their spare time I guess.

Going to be hard to race there with no equipment left.........

#36 ·
LOL, I think you are being a little douche baggy arent you? Whats wrong with people talking about what they heard? Even through the track was run like shit, I don't think anyone is happy about Etown closing, any track closing sucks.

You were wrong about the track closing, telling people they had no idea what they were saying and yet you are still acting holier than thou. Seems you suffer from the same malady you are accusing everyone else of.

#35 ·
I thought they held off shit canning everyone until they aquired all necessary permits, but lately I've been hearing the town keeps shutting them down and not issuing the permits they need. I hope this is true. I hope they never get permission and this deal fucks them in the ass. And I know that even if it does, it's a pipe dream that drag racing will return and it'll likely wind up a strip mall but I can hope. I'd rather have a drag strip run by Al Sharpton and Jeffrey Dahmer than an eTown salvage yard any day.

#37 ·
been drag racing there since 1998, was there for the scrap meet to hear any news about drag racing and what the place looks like since i havent been there since test and tune november of 2017.

there are copart cars parked there the rumors of them not being able to b/c of permits is BS. I talked to personal that worked there depending on who you talked too, some seem to think that the drag racing will return as early as next year but not to the NHRA as the slow down is to short. Others had less hope and said that it wont reopen and they plan to sell even more property to copart making drag racing impossible and making the swap meet area even smaller. Each person i talked too had a different story and rumor to many for me to post here atm

idk what to believe but after being there and seeing the salvaged cars parked and where they were parked leads me to believe that drag racing is done there

will post copart car pics soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.