Yellow Bullet Forums

Yellow Bullet Forums (https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Questions - Monson Racing (https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned (https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2591153)

Shah Mat 08-13-2019 09:21 AM

Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
New pump Milodon oil pump #18740 to match my new pan #31170. This is the second new pump that does not line up. One I bought from Amazon earlier this year and I lost the original box. I figured it would be difficult to return so I just ordered another one from Summit..... Same thing. Anyone seen this before?
The Melling pump that came off this motor still lines up, and a new Melling pump I had laying on the shelf lines up as well.


https://i148.photobucket.com/albums/...pslo4ozgrl.jpg

dino17 08-13-2019 11:30 AM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shah Mat (Post 71280301)
New pump Milodon oil pump #18740 to match my new pan #31170. This is the second new pump that does not line up. One I bought from Amazon earlier this year and I lost the original box. I figured it would be difficult to return so I just ordered another one from Summit..... Same thing. Anyone seen this before?
The Melling pump that came off this motor still lines up, and a new Melling pump I had laying on the shelf lines up as well.


https://i148.photobucket.com/albums/...pslo4ozgrl.jpg




Way off as you know. Look on the old pump that fits correctly and look at the casting/part number if there is one. I wonder if there is a boxing issue. Seen it before many times. Had an alternator received and was boxed wrong 5 times.

MN Hemi 08-13-2019 01:18 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Those will have the part number cast right into them. I fear that whole product has been subbed to China long ago. What the hell to trust anymore.

boostedbowtie 08-13-2019 05:09 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Just use the Melling with the right pick up ?

Actually , I would look at that shark tooth pump . ;)

novafornow 08-13-2019 06:02 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
^^^^^This! If you have a SBC and are not running one of these, those of us that are, feel that you are missing the boat.

bigblockmark 08-13-2019 11:40 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Is Melling making shark tooth pumps for BBC yet? Numbers?

Shah Mat 08-14-2019 08:51 AM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedbowtie (Post 71281877)
Just use the Melling with the right pick up ?

Actually , I would look at that shark tooth pump . ;)

I already have the Milodon pickup #18215. The Milodon pump has a deeper housing than the Melling and puts the pickup in the correct location.

Shah Mat 08-14-2019 08:57 AM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MN Hemi (Post 71281033)
Those will have the part number cast right into them. I fear that whole product has been subbed to China long ago. What the hell to trust anymore.


I think this is the case. I wish it was mandatory sellers had to disclose where parts are made.
Probably a whole boatload (literally) of these poorly machined pumps in stock at stores nationwide.

Cock Guzzler 08-14-2019 10:54 AM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedbowtie (Post 71281877)
Just use the Melling with the right pick up ?

Actually , I would look at that shark tooth pump . ;)


Buy a Mellings, guarantee this is made in USA. Then you won't be funding the enemy/globalism.

https://i.imgur.com/M1HxJkQ.jpg

boostedbowtie 08-14-2019 07:13 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynic (Post 71285591)
Buy a Mellings, guarantee this is made in USA. Then you won't be funding the enemy/globalism.

https://i.imgur.com/M1HxJkQ.jpg

The shark tooth pump is made by Mellings .

That pump looks like it cost more than my motor . :p

boostedbowtie 08-14-2019 07:26 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shah Mat (Post 71285115)
I already have the Milodon pickup #18215. The Milodon pump has a deeper housing than the Melling and puts the pickup in the correct location.

Funny on Milodons web site it says (Melling M55HV) next to the part number for the Milodon pump , I guess saying its the same pump . :smt102

[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...5bf318db_z.jpgmilodon by David Cedoz, on Flickr[/IMG]

Cock Guzzler 08-14-2019 08:23 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shah Mat (Post 71285115)
I already have the Milodon pickup #18215. The Milodon pump has a deeper housing than the Melling and puts the pickup in the correct location.

You need a Melling standard volume high pressure. I don't know the part#, look it up. The body will be correct.

boostedbowtie 08-14-2019 08:38 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedbowtie (Post 71287965)
The shark tooth pump is made by Mellings .

That pump looks like it cost more than my motor . :p

Sorry ,didnt realize that was the billet shark tooth pump .

boostedbowtie 08-14-2019 08:40 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynic (Post 71288313)
You need a Melling standard volume high pressure. I don't know the part#, look it up. The body will be correct.

I think this is the shark tooth version of that pump .

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mel-10553st

Cock Guzzler 08-14-2019 09:19 PM

Re: Milodon Oil Pump Mis-Aligned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedbowtie (Post 71288395)
I think this is the shark tooth version of that pump .

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mel-10553st

10 4, I ran a cast melling for years, finally broke a pickup off like just about everyone who has ran a cast pump for any decent length of time. Switched to a billet in 2008. A couple hundred more.

This is a sharks tooth billet Melling standard volume high pressure.

https://i.imgur.com/M1HxJkQ.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 0%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.