Yellow Bullet Forums banner

CFE SBX HEADS

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Chris Uratchko 
#1 ·
ANYBODY RUNNING THEM THOSE MOTHERS ARE BAD. ARE THEY THE SAME AS A LITTLE CHIEF. THEY ARE AROUND $6200 BUCKS AND IS ANYONE RUNNING THEM WITH NITROUS. AND YOU HAVE TO RUN A SHEETMETAL INTAKE.

#6 ·
butch ran the splayed valve heads the year before at like 3300#s or so.he switched over to the sbx head last winter to take advantage of the weight break they gave with the 23 degree heads.

i think he went like 8.50s with the cfe splayed valve heads.

Rob you can..you just end up around 100-50#s under what the big block guys come in at..the big block guys are like 3400-3500 i think and the bbc guys make arounf 1150hp..butchs splayed valve motor made like 1050 with a single carb..

correction to his et..he went 30s this year at 3000#s

#7 ·
fuck..i miss read the title and thought you where talking about the cfe 23 degree heads.

the sbx is a nasty lil fucker..shane stack runs them on his drag radial monte an has been i think a 4.83 with them..i think he only has half a season on his combo..his old one was off the shelf sb2.2 heads on his 436 and went 4.85 i think

#9 ·
thanks Chris i thought i read those was the 15 dregees but i was looking at the header flanges they are different than my CFE 18 dregees. what kinda power you make n/a with the SBX its a guy we race with just built a little chief engine it dynoed close 1100 with sheet metal and 2 baswell 1050s

#10 ·
That's pretty much what we can make with the SBX head.... 1100-ish give or take depending on the design of the engine, CID etc... The little chief, and the SBX are pretty much identical in potential... same or similar runner designs, chambers, exhaust ports, etc....

#12 ·
we run the cfe sbx and have run up to 50psi and no cracking issues or gasket issues(yet) and a set with everything you need to get them going is about 10k. the quickest we have been so far with them is a 4.83 with a 114. you can use a cast manifold with a spacer you just have to figure out which one-hint its a cup piece

#13 ·
The dodge intake is good for that also...

There'a new manifold out actually a couple new ones out one that M&M is offering as a cast tunnel ram and a new, tall dominator cast intake from Performance Inductions for LS engines..... I bet a savy craftsman could easily make it work with the SBX..... and I think it would thunder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.