Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Roll cage for 9 sec street driven Fox hatch

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Suicidal Racing 
#1 ·
I currently have a Maximum Motorsports 6 point roll bar in the car. With my new engine / turbo setup, it should easily reach low 9 sec. times. It is a True Street car that will see a lot of street driving and 6 or so races per year. My goal in building this is to keep it streetable with a full interior including working air conditioning. I know that I would get kicked off the track running 9's with my current bar, but I don't want to build something that is unsafe to drive on the street without a helmet. What options are out there for this type of setup?

#3 ·
No idea what you can do really. You need a full cage for that low 9 ET and the safety factor of hitting your head on the roof bars may be a problem. Pad the heck out of it maybe. And if you plan to go low 9s I'd want the forward bars to the strut towers. They won't hurt anything on the street in my opinion.

#4 ·
Any cages that have removable front and top bars? The removable door bars that are on my MM bar slip into a larger tube welded to the main hoop and are held in place with bolts. If something like this or bolt together flanges could be used on the top and front tubes, it could be removed during street use.

#5 ·
You already have a 6pt so you already have the main hoop an door bars within reach of you..your jus adding to it really..i wouldnt run the dash bar in front on any car..i would rather get that bar far from my knees as i can just incase of a wreck..like said all you can do is pad pad an pad really..dont forget to pad the a piller bar an that area so you dont crush a ankle when slamming it into a bar possibly..also any driving at all make sure you an who ever is in the car wear the full 5pt harness that way in a wreck you have less risk of smaking your head on a bar..that padding will still fuck you up if u smack it good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.