Yellow Bullet Forums banner

paint for cage?

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  stage20 
#1 ·
Looking for something good to paint my cage with? What's everyone using?

#7 ·
solid silver is light grey to me.... we on the same page still?

#10 ·
is the interior stripped out of car?

#12 ·
seal it with lightgrey epoxy
topcoat with urathane
Mask interior up real tight

prep cage with red scotchbrite

#13 ·
I would suggest epoxy first also on bare metal. Get you a jam gun you can spary the cage with 10-15 psi air pressure even reduce the epoxy if you want. Single stage can be tricky if its to thin and take multiple coats just like base/clear. I would suggest base coat incase you want to fix a problem then one coat of clear over it will be alot more durable. Spray bomb is junk if you ever decide to put good automotive paint over spray bomb it will most likely lift down the road its just crap cheap paint that doesn't have hardner and will crack lift when reducer hits it did i say it was junk

#18 ·
i just bought some vht chassis roll bar paint in black. gave it to my body guy to get me a sample of it finished tomorrow. its what I am planning on using to paint my 25.5 cage. if i get it back tomorrow i can post pics of it if u want.

#20 ·
I used spray bomb hammer tone on mine, but changed the spray tip to a regular tip. Less hammer finish and a lot of people don't believe it was a spray can. Easy to touch up if needed.
you just liked the color? im not sure why you would use hammertone and tone it down. LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.