Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Clutch Car Launching

2K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  68Z 
#1 ·
Hey Every1, i am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has any experience launching a 4/5/6 speed manual car on the track with a line lock???? If so, i was wondering about how much better of a 60ft every1 was getting from it if any at all:confused:

#5 ·
All last season i was without a line lock and am getting ready to install one, mind this is a street car that runs mid 12's....the best 60ft i could get was about 1.81 and was wondering if this would help.....the main purpose for it tho was to "save" the clutch during a burnout thx

#6 ·
I use a linelock, and also launch off of a 2 step. With a 2 step, you can leave with the accelerator pedal to the floor, and keep it on the floor until you go through the traps. Just like the video in my sig.

#7 ·
I had a hydraulic throw out bearing so I had a line lock on it and on the front brakes, I just bumped into the beams, pushed the brake and clutch down, pushed button and floor the fucker and let it stutter on the 2 step, lights go down, release button and grab gears, it was fun as hell, I launched at 6000 and it felt great.

#10 ·
The main reason line lock on a stick car is to keep from rolling out the beams. Line lock in the water box is to keep car from rolling when you let the clutch out and break the tires loose get em up to speed and release and roll it out the water spinning, or you can just sit there your preference. I leave at 8500 with a bbc and thats alot of motor to get the car rolling and cause a red bulb, clutch and button at the same time,and your gone.

#18 ·
If you about to do this with the GTO in your sig, you better get your wallet ready for that rear end and all of its components unless you have upgraded it already!

I had a 2005 6 speed and on a 245 nitto 555r I tore that bitch up 3 times... Finally sold it after fixing it... That bitch is expensive to fix!

Good luck with it!

Seth

#15 ·
To 60 the same yes, or it will creep if the clutch is right, the 60 is about clutch slip and hooking it up, no magic pill for that.

Big Question here is how many of you guys will admit to landing with your finger still on the Button?:rolleyes:

#21 ·
understanding just how much clutch slip is wanted and how to controll it is the key.

as seen,
many will use a dual disc / floater type clutch and pressureplate...
I have employed a triple and with varying diameters

hook the line lock to the two step or a button.

there is a gain,...

but the norm is for lazy people to just bolt in a powerglide....

#27 ·
Thanks man, I appreciate it... it has come along ways, and still has a ways to go.:rolleyes:

AS for as the GTO goes, mine ran low 11's in street trim, and I loved the drivability of the car and the all around performance of ot, but when I ran it at the track, I was always having to baby it out the whole...

My Camaro, I take it to the track, kill it, and don't even blink! Just sayin...

Good luck with your set up...

Seth Hyatt

#26 ·
it won't help the car 60ft better. it will aid in staging faster, not rolling through the beams and just being more consisent with your launch routine.

#28 ·
Still learning myself. Never used my line lock to launch. Just 5600 on the 2 step...and yes forgot to release the button !
Tremec, Spec 3, 3.55s and too tall 28'' slicks.
Only tickle the 2 step not flat foot it because of my f/throttle nitrous switch.
Got me a couple of 1.40 flats....shame cos I fluffed shifts .
One day it will come together...60ft/shifts/slick drifting.
Any of you guys launch flat footed spraying ?

#29 ·
I leave with the two step and line lock wired to the clutch switch but you have to take your finger off the button before stepping on the clutch to shift (I only forgot once) now it;s like second nature, and I spray as well nitrous controller is wired to the clutch as well as soon as I release the clutch it's all about hangin on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.