: the Sacrilege mustang

sacrilegeLSmustang
12-11-2016, 12:02 AM
so the plan is a ls swapped 03 mustang i currently have. so the ford nuts don't totally hate me its a v6 :-Shower if it helps. i have a 5.3l truck engine i picked up for 400 bucks with a harness its a early throttle by cable so that should cut down on a little wiring...im sure not by much haha. plan is to turbo the 5.3l with a hx35 or hx40 do a set of head studs and gaskets change out the cam for a ls9 and some pac springs it should make decent hp not gonna make any guesses until its in a running state. i picked up a th400 and a monster in a box trans kit which should be a good combo since im on a low budget. this weekend im going to the local pull and save to get a 8.8 rear thats gonna get modified with 9" ends axles and a spool. ill get pics up as shit gets done but as of now this thread is just as a journal on this bastard mustang. if any one has any tips or tricks let me know.

RJAZE
12-11-2016, 09:36 AM
Post pics of progress, and build what you want. You're paying for it. Just don't cut corners when it comes to safety.

I like Ford engines, but if I had some spare coin I'd be trying all kinds or stuff in the Ranger. Had an idea some time ago about trying one of the Lexus V-8's with a turbo. Then it was a 2JZ. Then it was one of those 4L Aussie Ford straight sixes. Then a JY 6.0 with a turbo and ....
I always have more ideas than cash to carry them out.

ten5nova
12-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Post pics of progress, and build what you want. You're paying for it. Just don't cut corners when it comes to safety.

I like Ford engines, but if I had some spare coin I'd be trying all kinds or stuff in the Ranger. Had an idea some time ago about trying one of the Lexus V-8's with a turbo. Then it was a 2JZ. Then it was one of those 4L Aussie Ford straight sixes. Then a JY 6.0 with a turbo and ....
I always have more ideas than cash to carry them out.

I'm the same way, I call it fantasy building, I do it daily! :)

sacrilegeLSmustang
12-13-2016, 09:14 PM
not cutting any corners on this build thats why it will be a while before its done haha.

sacrilegeLSmustang
02-26-2017, 08:08 PM
well engine and trans is pulled. working on taking out the wiring then ill be ordering some swap motor mounts.

sacrilegeLSmustang
03-03-2017, 07:23 PM
alright folks I was going to go turbo but looking at the cost it may be better to go nitrous any opinions...lol stupid question I know there are going to be opinions but I wanna hear them any way ready go!

totalchaos
03-04-2017, 10:25 AM
I'm going nitrous on my swap.

sacrilegeLSmustang
03-04-2017, 03:26 PM
the way I see it its 800+ to run nitrous but I may be able to go turbo for less than that and make the same power

71 Trans Am
03-04-2017, 05:05 PM
My opinion, a turbo will be way more fun to play with than nitrous, especially on the street!

totalchaos
03-04-2017, 06:56 PM
the way I see it its 800+ to run nitrous but I may be able to go turbo for less than that and make the same power

In all fairness , I'm stripping the nitrous set-up off my sbc. Mine is a race only deal.

sacrilegeLSmustang
04-08-2017, 10:46 PM
In all fairness , I'm stripping the nitrous set-up off my sbc. Mine is a race only deal.
that's where im going with mine. race only

sacrilegeLSmustang
04-14-2017, 08:09 PM
anyone know if you have to get injector adapters if your using ls1 injectors with a ls3 style intake?

Presto78
04-18-2017, 10:14 AM
No progress pics?

sacrilegeLSmustang
04-20-2017, 09:15 PM
No progress pics?
I used my phone for beer pong a while ago now my camera has palsy.

sacrilegeLSmustang
04-20-2017, 09:24 PM
so heres an update. the engine bay is tore out interior gutted. the ls looked to have a blown head gasket so me being me I pulled heads and yes blown gasket also me being me I decided to tear off the oil pan and a little water in what little oil there was left so then I stripped pistons and two spun rod bearings they didn't do much damage so I figured it would polish out fine after tearing it down the rest of the way the front 2 mains had spun and made a pretty nice metal blender. so im pretty happy about the whole situation. the block will go off to the machine shop im in the process of deciding if I should buy a reman crank or a new steel and possibly hbeam rods. this may have went from budget drag car to a serious build. anyway ill keep updates as shit goes on.