Yellow Bullet Forums banner

NHRA PRO MOD RULE CHANGE EFFECTIVE 6/24/16 AT NORWALK EVENT. TURBO MAX BOOST REDUCED

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  David Hance 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Re: Is this true or false?

Looks like NHRA is ruining yet another class and as far as I'm concerned the best class of all.
There was a 5.75 @ 258 ran by a turbo car @ 41 psi first race out. They'll still be fast @ 38 psi.

#7 · (Edited)
This week the NHRA has reduced Turbo Max Boost 3lbs from 41lbs to 38lbs effective Norwalk 2016 event. The NHRA has done a great job maintaining parity despite 3 very different power adders competing head to head. Great job to them.

Was this new rule change necessary ? Time will tell....

If I were able to speak to the rule / decision makers I would ask for the following....making rule changes to maintain parity in classes is something that is necessary....new technologies and RD speed up everybody. In this case I respect the decision and I respect the rule change....however I wish the NHRA would provide a basis or give reason for rule changes. I realize the NHRA does NOT have to answer to me or anybody for that matter...however I just think it would be good business to keep everybody informed, explain why they feel a change is needed and when possible provide evidence ( real life / on track / in competition race data ) to support any rule changes. In this case we had a rule change 2 weeks ago which added weight to both Turbo & Nitrous Entries. 2 weeks later Turbos lose a few lbs of boost despite not having the quickest power adder.

Providing Race Teams and all our wonderful Pro Mod Fans with sound reasoning for making rule changes is just good business...it also can kill rumors floating around that imply sponsor dollars may be the reason rule changes to place.

NHRA please take the time to explain why this lastest rule change was necessary ? Further we ask the NHRA to provide real world race data
and any other factors used to make recent rule changes.... thank you in advance for any info or insight provided.

#12 ·
Wondering why NHRA has not yet made official announcement regarding rule change ?? I believe this is the 1st time a rule change has been implemented without some sort of official statement from the NHRA....when official statement is released I hope it contains some info on what rule change was based on.

#22 ·
The racing at NHRA Norwalk ( Pro Mod ) was awesome... very close & very competitive. With respect to rule changes we believe it would be good policy to discuss factors that decide when or why a rule change occurs. An official statement from rule makers announcing any rule change is nice too !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.