Yellow Bullet Forums banner

down nozzles and a fogger?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  n20mstr 
#1 ·
Can this be done? I've got some roundy round heads with down nozzles and keep thinking how great the idea of a fogger nozzle right at the valve would be.

Has it been done, thought of, maybe tried and didn't work so well?

#4 ·
I think he's refering to the down nozzles that are used on Sprint cars where the injector holes are by the exhaust header flanges. I believe they go right into the chambers.

My concern would be if cylinder pressure would stop the fuel/nitous flow? I imagine the spring car injection system runs at a fairly high pressure and/or have some sort of one way check valve at the injector to stop combustion pressure from forcing fuel backwards?

Just guessing here.

After seeing the pic...never mind. Didn't realize the outlet came out in the bowl. I envisioned it more like a diesel injector into the chamber.

#8 ·
Well, when I was at the Superbowl race at Joliet this year I was checking out a certain SBF Stang from Canada. I spoke to them about their setup and "fogger" arrangement........their shit is working cause that car was flying bottom 7's..........check out his nozzle placement. I took several pics of this shit........LOL........then sent them to Steve Johnson at Edelbrock.

Wes

#11 ·
I was at the PRI show this weekend and talked with Larry from CFE about the Pro King head and he showed me they were set up just like that, with a port just behind the intake valve. They is one bad looking head.

#13 ·
I am sure that this is a great set up. I had thoughts of this application several years ago with a sbc 18* head.the folks doing my head said yes it would work but you would have to factor in the the vibration in this area of the head. I am sure that provisions have been made for this to work alot better now, but a few years ago the castings were weak in this area.Just my thoughts.

#14 ·
You would have to think that the nozzle pointed right at the vavle, and possibly it will spray right into the chaber when the valve opens, that the concept im going for right now on my nozzle install, and in still going through the intake, but id say it would work very well, also such a close placement will take advantage of the nitrous getting injected very close to the valve, and itactually may expand in the chamber instead of on the way...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.