Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Help with Progressive/Fogger Set Up

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  598nos 
#1 ·
Trying to get some info, for a Nitrous virgin here. Car is 3500lb, 540 bbc dart 345's mildly worked, 276/294 cam on 110 degree
Pro Systems 1050 Dominator. 3.90 gear, 400 Turbo, 28X10.50 tire. Edelbrock Fogger and Edelbrock Progressive controller.

Question: The car made 800 hp and 650 lbs on the engine dyno. The car has a 8" convertor that works well on the motor and took a straight 200 shot on the chassis dyno with hardly any extra slippage. I have hit the car with a progressive 200 shot at 15% off the trans brake with a build time of 1.9 to 100%. My question/problem here is that I am not getting too much quicker et. Motor pass Friday = 9.94 @ 133 Nitrous pass= 9.77@ 141. Is this normal? Does this motor/cam need more than 200? I can't hit it too hard off the line (Traction issues)

Any help would be appreciated.

#6 ·
What was the finish line RPM for both passes? I just don't think an 8" converter is going to do the job. You should see a bigger ET drop than that. Either you converter is not correct or something else is wrong. I would not increase the Nitrous untill you get the 200 shot working correctly.

#7 ·
Accelerating a chassis dyno and accelerating a 3500 race car are two different things. what kind of RPM did you turn thru the traps on the 133mph pass vs. the 141mph pass? Use those to figure out if the convertor is slipping out of hand. Your asking a lot from an 8" in that combo.

Your build time is long, but certainly not unheard of.

#8 ·
Finish line RPM = 6800 motor +/-
Finish line RPM = 7200 NOS +/-

I know if I want to run strictly on the juice I need a different convertor, but I just thought I should see some better numbers with what I have given the small amount of slippage I felt it has. Maybe if I am getting that amount of slippage through 3 gears that is the reason????

#11 ·
My 598 runs 9.00 on motor and went 8.05 on 200ish 100% (no progressive) BUT............has a nitrous converter. Dont go bigger until you get the small tune up right. I sent you a pm. good luck

#10 ·
how do the plugs look on the 200 tune???? are you towing back and inspecting the plugs??? 15% of 200 is 30hp... that's not enough to get the car to et better..... our initial set up was 40% of 265hp and 1.5 seconds... now i am at 50% and 1.3.... david

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.