Yellow Bullet Forums banner

th400 line pressure

5K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Hutch 
#1 ·
how do you adjust the line pressure in a turbo 400? for a manual valve body with a tci brake. and also for a standard vacuum modulated valvebody?

#3 ·
Its all controlled by changing either the boost valve diameter , the pressure regulator spring then fine tuning it from there with regulator spacers (horseshoes or 3/8 washers) of different thicknesses.

There is a regulator setup available for constant line pressure applications that allow you to adjust the pressure via a screw from the boost valve area.

Hutch

#4 ·
where can i get one of the adjustable ones? and i heard that the pressure should be around 200 psi is this correct?

#6 ·
yes its a manual valve body with a tci brake
behind a 1000+ hp twin turbo small block chevy with somewhere around 4000rpm stall(havent figured out what stall we need yet)

#9 ·
hey thanks alot for the quick reply! i kind of figured it was just the right spring but wasnt sure if there was some sort of adjustable one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.