Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Empire "rumorville" AGAIN!

8K views 57 replies 23 participants last post by  93FiveOh 
#1 ·
Let me first say that I have absolutely no animosity towards Empire, its owner(s), its staff or its racers. But I also don't like bullshit stories going around out there, whether it's for the good or the bad.

Yesterday I heard a "story" about the staff walking out on Empire during a race due to a certain announcement. This announcement had to do with the possibility of there being a separate/different owner or perhaps partner.

Is this true or not?

If it is true, so what! If this "story" is false than that's fuckin' bullshit. Why would some (or this) idiot say this shit!

I don't care who owns it or why they own it as long as that track continues to operate.

#4 ·
I spent a couple of hours with Jerry Monday.
Won't say what really happened since I don't think it's my place.....

"Yesterday I heard a "story" about the staff walking out on Empire during a race due to a certain announcement. This announcement had to do with the possibility of there being a separate/different owner or perhaps partner."

This ^^^^ This is NOT true.

Jim

#5 ·
I spent a couple of hours with Jerry Monday.
Won't say what really happened since I don't think it's my place.....

"Yesterday I heard a "story" about the staff walking out on Empire during a race due to a certain announcement. This announcement had to do with the possibility of there being a separate/different owner or perhaps partner."

This ^^^^ This is NOT true.

Jim
Thanks Jim

All I will say is that the person that said it is a mouth that stirs up shit. Sometimes it may be true, many times it is not. Usually when he starts talking about Empire or Lancaster, I walk away. I walked away this time too but I had to start this thread incase others are believing the horse shit that's going around.

People should just shut the fuck up and race!

#6 ·
"People should just shut the fuck up and race!"
That hasn't happened since Al Gore invented the internet.

#16 ·
Care to elaborate?

#17 ·
Mr. Cynical to you.
Mr. negative---- no.
I've seen enough ass kissing, poorly run events and other cluster f&%^$ that I can see where this is headed. When the people running things have no clue, there is a time when you need to admit that and get some real help or learn how to do it. And that means not at some of your biggest events.

So far I haven't been impressed. Last month there I laughed my balls off as the "arm wavers" tried pulling cars that were paired on a ladder from one lane(great idea putting all cars from a class in one line) all while piling farm cars in around that. It's one thing to want to run a track and another to actually know how.
Yet to see anyone there that can anymore than "wave" cars past the tower, and even then I saw a few close calls because the person "waving was only looking one direction!
I'm all for having new owners, Bob stayed way too long, but inexperience is going to kill things (or someone).

#21 ·
Btw Sam, I'm pretty sure they don't care if they impress YOU. I honestly don't think any track will. Tell me whats worse sam, you laughing your BALL off by yourself over something that wasnt even a inconvience for the racers there or, EVERYONE around the starting line cheering their asses off when you got put on the trailer at the quick 32 event? Yeah Sam, your negative, arrogant attitude has made you so likable around Empire.

#22 ·
Do you have voices in your head to go along with all of that?
First of all, first year or not, car counts are up because Bob is not the one running things. Period. You or any other wannabe could be the owner and car counts would have gone up, same goes for lancaster if RG were to go.
Nobody expects perfect, just not to go backwards.

If those voices in your head are telling you that my racing has that much effect on you, that is great, I have done my job.

I lost at Q32 to Buddy F., could not lose to a better guy/group, I went .499 red. That was the TD final. oh well. If that makes you feel good, I guess I must be pretty damn good for people wish me to lose, that's a lot harder to accomplish than needing people to wish for a win(you).
You have a long way to go.

#40 ·
Had a win a runner-up this year, not bad for a completely new setup. People cheered because they can't stand your personality, PERIOD!!!

I get called a wannabe from some one who drives someone else's lawndart, that's tuned by someone else as well.

I tune the motor and chassis and part own Sammy. Only thing holding me back from driving is a suspension on my license I have to wait for it to pass.

You can't even read a nitrous plug, gtfo with that wannabe sh!t.

#23 ·
C'mon guys, I wasn't looking for a pissin' match when I started this thread, only factual information.

If you don't have factual info pertaining to the original question, please take it outside.

So far it appears as though the announcer "may" have walked out but nothing more. So unless any other factual info comes in I'm going to say that this "story" is just another bullshit story and the person that said it should grow up and perhaps stay out of all WNY tracks or get out of racing all together.

There's no place or time for that kind of bullshit. Facebook may be your calling in life.

#24 ·
C'mon guys, I wasn't looking for a pissin' match when I started this thread, only factual information.
You posted on the Bullet. Did you really expect something other than a pissing match to develope?

#26 ·
Because I don't know everybody that races there or what their user names are.

So I put it out there for info and the way things are going the story is just that, a story.

#30 · (Edited)
i have no idea about the rumor in the OP, but the whole Jerry thing, it is his first year as an owner, cut him some slack for fuck sake! lol there are gonna be bumps in the road, choices made that may seem fucked up and questionable, but he's still learning what should and shouldnt be done as an owner. Facts are, car counts and spectators are up, and he has packed the schedule with racing, I would know, i'm at the track ALL THE TIME!!! lol The future of Empire looks good as long as Jerry can make the right choices/decisions in the future that maybe he had poor judgement on this year. The only thing so far i've seen him make some questionable decisions on so far is the TS/TD series. But im not gonna start shitting on him over that in his FIRST year as a track owner! If this shit continues year and year, then yeah, there's reason for people to be upset and say things, but lets get a grip and give the guy a break. And no, i'm not nut hugging Jerry, but I want to see Empire grow and to do so, Jerry needs the support. As of right now though, I think the updates to the track are great and the spectator pricing is attractive to many people, and the staff is always great to work with. I have good feelings about the future of Empire

#39 ·
There's no such thing as facts on social media groups (of which this one is as well)

I didn't think I'd ever post this: as much crap as SC has posted here BEFORE the track even opened--unbelievably, he did show up to race. But I really wish he would get an investment group together so as to buy a race track...all the so-called "knowledge" he has about running races goes to waste on here. I know I have never run a track, I don't have the money to buy one or would even want to run one if I did!

In regards to his preference for rails vs. doorslammers, I'd say someone forgot where they came from!

#46 ·
Listen, bottom line is we HAVE a LOCAL track to test, tune and race at.
Is it to Everyone's liking all the time,, I don't think that's possible. (someone will ALWAYS Piss and Moan)
It's Jerry's 1st year with a new crew and as a track owner. I am pretty sure there is not a book or youtube video on the perfect way to do everything but, he is trying and spending money on improving the place and trying a lot of events.
Give him sometime and enjoy the summer because before you know it, it will be time to break the snow brush out,,,

#47 ·
Listen, bottom line is we HAVE a LOCAL track to test, tune and race at.
Is it to Everyone's liking all the time,, I don't think that's possible. (someone will ALWAYS Piss and Moan)
It's Jerry's 1st year with a new crew and as a track owner. I am pretty sure there is not a book or youtube video on the perfect way to do everything but, he is trying and spending money on improving the place and trying a lot of events.
Give him sometime and enjoy the summer because before you know it, it will be time to break the snow brush out,,,
Jerry is doing a fine job with the place. Unfortunately there are some butthurt SOB's out there that don't like the fact that he's doing something constructive.

#53 ·
Okay here's the deal.....

I'm done with this little kids pre-school crap. I believe I got the info I needed to know from the few grown ups that commented although I still can't fathom where 99% came from.

So from here on out users either "know factual info and will say", "have factual info and will say", "saw something and will say". Other than that STFU and the thread will die. Hopefully you kids will comply.

I can see why users like "raceannouncer" bite their tongue when it comes to local tracks. The village idiots get restless.

Thanks to those that constructively contributed.

#54 ·
Funny s&%^ from this bunch!
Paz-- plenty of respect for ya. So keep your smart ass criticisms on a non-personal level.
Not self serving, dragster/doors could give a shit less.
What I'm tired of is sack swingers, wouldn't know right from wrong. Who's your pal, or who you don't like really isn't part of this, most on the thread don't get it.

How many times do you go back to the same restaurant after shitty meal? Maybe once more? I don't care if it's the first year they are open. Get your shit together quick before the reputation is done. Why is a racetrack any different? Just because you come in with zero experience doesn't mean you get a pass for a weak product.

Couple things---
I'm not f'ing dumb enough to "invest" in a racetrack in this part of the world. If someone thinks that's a good investment you should be right in line for job in the Mobama gov.
If it wasn't for the other local track being more screwed up, Empire would still be a below average track.
Most of the racers that will put up with anything have forgotten that they are CUSTOMERS!!! You are paying for the opportunity to race, and the track is run to make money.
It's not a charity, it's not learn as you go summer camp, it's a business. Go back up 3 lines.
The things that are missing or done wrong need to be fixed immediately not "wait til next year".

I've seen enough different tracks to know where I'll spend my $$. I don't need to waste my time and money helping someone's business get better.

And for the Dickwad--- I have 2 cars of my own and drive a friends car now, I tune it, maintain it, and win rds. with it. Goes pretty good for a conventional head, iron block 632, been 6.63@201. Know more about NOS than you ever will, wannabe.
If it weren't for your dad being a decent guy, I wouldn't waste my time trying to edjumicate you. You should thank him everyday. Most of us spend many years working up to a fast ride, don't make him look bad because of your big mouth/lack of experience.

Maybe you should stop listening to dickwad#2 =Kalin. Head could make a 903 Musi motor run 7's in a dragster. Or are you sucking his balls too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.